Sponsored by:

Im excited for the C7

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 11:02 PM
cornerstone
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nikejl
A fully loaded base model C6 Corvette is not much more than 43k for a fully loaded Camaro SS??? Are you sure about that?
By time you get up to the 3lt, z51 model you’ll be just Over 60k so I think that’s ABOUT where I said it would be at about 20-25k, and that doesn’t figure in tax, license or destination charges, by the time you get done purchasing your base model corvette with 6 extra HP you’ll be at almost 70k. If you took just 10k and dumped it into performance for the Camaro it would be spanking the pants off the base corvette no matter the weight and you can even put the fat guy in the camaro.
Go look at my responses I never compared the Camaro to the Z06.
It looks like you spent all your time worried about the weight. The CTS and the Camaro can carry 4 passengers so I wouldn’t one expect them to weigh more when you can load up the wife and kids for a night out.
Maybe I should stop believing what I read in magazines and the guys that have the time, resources and experience, then I can start listening to you, since you can get me a NEW fully loaded base corvette for “not much more” than 43k. Prove me wrong now jack dip.
I’m sensitive? Yeah, that’s why I looked up how much each car weighed and got literal when talking about a fat man in a corvette vs. a skinny guy in the camaro.
What I meant by its not acceptable to me that the CTS-V has more horsepower than a Z06 has nothing to do with GM putting the same corvette engines in other cars. It has to do with this: If they can put that much horsepower in those cars, WHY NOT add more to the corvette, because lets be real, outside of the ZR1 no other corvette really stacks up to Ferrari or Lambo, and at the end of the day if GM is chasing the Ferrari and lambo (and they are admittedly doing just that) then why not get the bar that much closer as they obviously have the technology and design to do so (see the camaro and new CTS-V as examples). And that is why I stated I am excited about the next corvette.
not to butt into your argument, but I just purchased a 2009 436 hp convertable with27 miles of the show room floor tax title and plate 42,326 with no money down using all incentives and my gm card and employ pricing from les stanford that was out the door!! and no dealer would give me incentives or employ on the camaro! I drove them both and the vette is INCREDIBLY FASTER!! NO QUESTIONS!!also Iam 5'8" and my head rubbed the roof on the camero but you have to look at gearing/trans/tires ect and weight makes a huge diff!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Vetter Atl
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Gonzo
I only weigh 282, so should I get the camaro or the caddy, I am about to outgrow my Vettes
No you should go on a diet and enjoy your vette!
Old 07-06-2009, 05:54 AM
BigErik69
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ummm does anyone even set out to buy either a Camaro or a Corvette? Take a look at the paint jobs and the quality of the long waited Camaro. I am a long time Camaro lover and The new ones are a big disappointment to me. The looks are awesome they are powerful but the quality.....well GM is all I can say. I'll keep the IROC-Z i have and the 92 Vette I have and plan for a C6 to add to my collection. The Corvette is just an awesome car comparing them to Camaro's or Cadilliacs is just well an insult to the Corvette!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:30 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BigErik69
Ummm does anyone even set out to buy either a Camaro or a Corvette? Take a look at the paint jobs and the quality of the long waited Camaro. I am a long time Camaro lover and The new ones are a big disappointment to me. The looks are awesome they are powerful but the quality.....well GM is all I can say. I'll keep the IROC-Z i have and the 92 Vette I have and plan for a C6 to add to my collection. The Corvette is just an awesome car comparing them to Camaro's or Cadilliacs is just well an insult to the Corvette!
What do you mean by look at the paint job? If you are referring to the orange peel, then I hate to burst you bubble but the C6 has orange peel also. Just about every car now has it. Except like the exotics.

Quick Reply: Im excited for the C7