Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im excited for the C7

Old 06-05-2009, 08:36 PM
nikejl
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im excited for the C7

With the 2010 Camaro SS sporting 426HP and GM putting the ZR1's supercharged LS9 under the hood of the new CTS V for 550HP. I can't wait for the C7 because if GM is pushing this much HP in those cars I can only imagine what they can/will do for the King.

Well I guess I just hope they either push the C7 out before the new CAFE restrictions or punch a hole bunch of HP into a 2011 or 2012 vettes because having a camaro with only 6 less HP than the current vettes is weak. Put the King out of reach GM.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:15 AM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

First, CTS-V does not use the LS9. Many differences. And 6 hp less means nothing. It's not about hp. There is a matter of an additional 600 lbs. It's about the whole package. A 430 hp Camaro will never keep up with a 430 hp Vette in any way.

Last edited by robvuk; 06-06-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:41 PM
makman
3rd Gear

Default Im excited for the C7

Owner of Catastrophe clothing, I'll be heading up to NY for C7 to participate in
the fashion show again! I'm excited to go shopping and meet new people,
Old 06-07-2009, 06:59 AM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by robvuk
First, CTS-V does not use the LS9. Many differences. And 6 hp less means nothing. It's not about hp. There is a matter of an additional 600 lbs. It's about the whole package. A 430 hp Camaro will never keep up with a 430 hp Vette in any way.
The CTS-V engine is a LSA.

Originally Posted by makman
Owner of Catastrophe clothing, I'll be heading up to NY for C7 to participate in
the fashion show again! I'm excited to go shopping and meet new people,
WTF????
Old 06-08-2009, 01:07 AM
nikejl
Intermediate

Dont rip on me about the LS9 thats what my latest magazine claimed. I don't recall which mag I have (its at work) but I will check and get back to you all.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:09 AM
nikejl
Intermediate

Why are we talking about 600 lbs, if 6 hp aint nothing, then neither is 600 lbs, heck put a fat man in a corvette and me in the camaro and thats half the difference already.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:46 AM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Originally Posted by nikejl
Dont rip on me about the LS9 thats what my latest magazine claimed. I don't recall which mag I have (its at work) but I will check and get back to you all.
Well your magazine is wrong and he wasnt trying to rip you, just inform you on whats right. Its a LSA not a LS9. Dont believe everything thats in magazines. The LSA is basically a LS9 but it has a different supercharger on it, thats why its called a LSA not a LS9.

Why are we talking about 600 lbs, if 6 hp aint nothing, then neither is 600 lbs, heck put a fat man in a corvette and me in the camaro and thats half the difference already.
Your wrong there. 6hp isnt anything but 600lb is. Plus a 600lb guy isnt going to fit in a Corvette and Im not sure how your doing your math but even if a 300lb guy was in the Vette and you weighed 0lb, then the Vette would still be faster. Im not sure why your so worked up over the Camaro SS having 6hp less than the C6 anyways. Look at the 4th gen. Camaro SS/WS6/Firehawk and the 5th gen. Vette. The F-body was rated at 325-345hp, depending on the package, and the Vette was rated at 350hp. The F-body was putting out more hp to the ground than the Vette, because you lose more power through the IRS than a live axle, but the Vette was still faster because of weight and aerodynamics.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:22 AM
nikejl
Intermediate

Motor Trend is the Mag, and it reported the CTS-V to have a "light version of the ZR1's LS9". So if the LSA is such then it is, it still has 550 HP.
Thats over 40 more than the ZO6.

Do you guys think that is acceptable? it isn't to me, and while horse power isn't the only thing, sometimes its the only thing!

All I was saying is that I am excited to see what GM does with the vette when they are able to put this much HP into other cars. You guys on this site are too sensitive.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:27 AM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Motor Trend is the Mag, and it reported the CTS-V to have a "light version of the ZR1's LS9". So if the LSA is such then it is, it still has 550 HP.

Do you guys think that is acceptable? it isn't to me, and while horse power isn't the only thing, sometimes its the only thing!

All I was saying is that I am excited to see what GM does with the vette when they are able to put this much HP into other cars. You guys on this site are too sensitive.
Well the hp is NEVER the ONLY thing.! And I personally wouldn't want a supercharged Corvette. Not good on a road course which is what the Z06 was built for, not drag racing. jmho.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:29 AM
nikejl
Intermediate

if you cant get a fat man in a vette, and i've seen some pretty fat one's in em, then lighten up the camaro (not hard to do), put a quick suspension package and the camaro is lighter (not than the vette), handles better (probably not better than the vette) and has only 6 less HP and is about 20-30k cheaper than a comp vette.

I am not worked up about anything, and didn't really put much thought into the fat man in the corvette thing either was just making a point. Not enough to think about a 300 lb person vs a 0lb person anyway.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:36 AM
nikejl
Intermediate

HP may NEVER be the only thing to you. the Z06 was built for road courses, i thought they were built to sell. I see a lot of used ones for sale here that never seen a road course or a drag strip.

Im done, lighten up guys it's saturday, lets go drive and get off the computer
Old 06-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Gonzo
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

I only weigh 282, so should I get the camaro or the caddy, I am about to outgrow my Vettes
Old 06-14-2009, 11:02 AM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Who cares if the new CTSV has 40hp more than the Z06. It weighs 1100lb. more than the Z06. Its going to take a lot more than 40hp to out run the Z06.

Why wouldnt it be acceptable? They put the LS6, exact same engine as the '02-'04 Z06, in the first CTSV. It was not detuned or anything. The 4th gen. LS1 F-bodies had the exact same LS1 that was in the Vettes. Why does it matter if GM puts the Corvette engine in another vehicle? That other vehicle always weighs more than the Vette, therefore from the factory the Corvette is still faster. Thats fine if you are excited to see what GM does with the Vette but dont get upset because they use the same engine in another car. They have been doing that for years. And we are not the ones being sensitive, you might want to look in the mirror on that one.

if you cant get a fat man in a vette, and i've seen some pretty fat one's in em, then lighten up the camaro (not hard to do), put a quick suspension package and the camaro is lighter (not than the vette), handles better (probably not better than the vette) and has only 6 less HP and is about 20-30k cheaper than a comp vette.

I am not worked up about anything, and didn't really put much thought into the fat man in the corvette thing either was just making a point. Not enough to think about a 300 lb person vs a 0lb person anyway.
I never said a large person couldnt fit in the Vette but the way you made it sound is that there would have to be a 600lb person, which is not going to happen, in the Vette to equal the weight of the Camaro with nobody in it. Your right, a fully loaded Camaro SS is about 20-25k cheaper than a brand new Z06 but not the base C6, which is what you were talking about to begin with. The Camaro SS has a lot more than 6hp less than a Z06. Ive already priced out a Camaro SS and it was almost $43k. You can buy a C6 for that price, not fully loaded though but even if it was its not that much more.

HP may NEVER be the only thing to you. the Z06 was built for road courses, i thought they were built to sell. I see a lot of used ones for sale here that never seen a road course or a drag strip.

Im done, lighten up guys it's saturday, lets go drive and get off the computer
Horsepower really isnt anything, you want to look at torque. Torque is what moves mass. But even if you want to look at hp, weight is still a huge factor in whats a faster car. If your talking about going on a road course then obvisouly you need the power, weight, and suspension. So whats your point that you have seen a lot of Z06's for sale that have never been to the track? Not everyone tracks their car but the Z06 was designed for that purpose.

Maybe if you stop believing everything you read in magazines we wouldnt have to correct you so much. Cant wait to see what you reply with.

Originally Posted by janu03
Excited states of 20F which deexcite via γ-ray cascades through the 823-keV ..... least-squares fit and im- proves the chance of a unique spin assignment. ...
WTF!?!?!?!?
Old 06-16-2009, 07:27 PM
nikejl
Intermediate

A fully loaded base model C6 Corvette is not much more than 43k for a fully loaded Camaro SS??? Are you sure about that?
By time you get up to the 3lt, z51 model you’ll be just Over 60k so I think that’s ABOUT where I said it would be at about 20-25k, and that doesn’t figure in tax, license or destination charges, by the time you get done purchasing your base model corvette with 6 extra HP you’ll be at almost 70k. If you took just 10k and dumped it into performance for the Camaro it would be spanking the pants off the base corvette no matter the weight and you can even put the fat guy in the camaro.
Go look at my responses I never compared the Camaro to the Z06.
It looks like you spent all your time worried about the weight. The CTS and the Camaro can carry 4 passengers so I wouldn’t one expect them to weigh more when you can load up the wife and kids for a night out.
Maybe I should stop believing what I read in magazines and the guys that have the time, resources and experience, then I can start listening to you, since you can get me a NEW fully loaded base corvette for “not much more” than 43k. Prove me wrong now jack dip.
I’m sensitive? Yeah, that’s why I looked up how much each car weighed and got literal when talking about a fat man in a corvette vs. a skinny guy in the camaro.
What I meant by its not acceptable to me that the CTS-V has more horsepower than a Z06 has nothing to do with GM putting the same corvette engines in other cars. It has to do with this: If they can put that much horsepower in those cars, WHY NOT add more to the corvette, because lets be real, outside of the ZR1 no other corvette really stacks up to Ferrari or Lambo, and at the end of the day if GM is chasing the Ferrari and lambo (and they are admittedly doing just that) then why not get the bar that much closer as they obviously have the technology and design to do so (see the camaro and new CTS-V as examples). And that is why I stated I am excited about the next corvette.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Jon B.
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-d...inventory-118/

Plenty of cars there for less than $50k. Instead of trying to argue and name call like a kid in grade school, you might try reading. I've heard it's a perishable skill, kinda like being civil to other people that aren't trying to start a fight.

Maybe I should stop believing what I read in magazines and the guys that have the time, resources and experience, then I can start listening to you, since you can get me a NEW fully loaded base corvette for “not much more” than 43k. Prove me wrong now jack dip.

Last edited by Jon B.; 06-16-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:39 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

A fully loaded base model C6 Corvette is not much more than 43k for a fully loaded Camaro SS??? Are you sure about that?
By time you get up to the 3lt, z51 model you’ll be just Over 60k so I think that’s ABOUT where I said it would be at about 20-25k, and that doesn’t figure in tax, license or destination charges, by the time you get done purchasing your base model corvette with 6 extra HP you’ll be at almost 70k. If you took just 10k and dumped it into performance for the Camaro it would be spanking the pants off the base corvette no matter the weight and you can even put the fat guy in the camaro.
Go look at my responses I never compared the Camaro to the Z06.
It looks like you spent all your time worried about the weight. The CTS and the Camaro can carry 4 passengers so I wouldn’t one expect them to weigh more when you can load up the wife and kids for a night out.
I’m sensitive? Yeah, that’s why I looked up how much each car weighed and got literal when talking about a fat man in a corvette vs. a skinny guy in the camaro.
What I meant by its not acceptable to me that the CTS-V has more horsepower than a Z06 has nothing to do with GM putting the same corvette engines in other cars. It has to do with this: If they can put that much horsepower in those cars, WHY NOT add more to the corvette, because lets be real, outside of the ZR1 no other corvette really stacks up to Ferrari or Lambo, and at the end of the day if GM is chasing the Ferrari and lambo (and they are admittedly doing just that) then why not get the bar that much closer as they obviously have the technology and design to do so (see the camaro and new CTS-V as examples). And that is why I stated I am excited about the next corvette.
Damn you crack me up. Ok Ill give you that I was off on the fully loaded base C6 but you want to say one is around $70k after tax and title. Well genius, the $43k that I quoted about a fully loaded SS wasnt including tax and title. So in other words a fully loaded Camaro SS out the door is around $53k. Dont start the crap that all you have to do is put mods on the Camaro and it will be faster. First of all you can mod anything to be fast, secondly you will have to mod it quite a bit to make up the 600lb weight difference. So after you do all your mods to equal the time of the Corvette, you could of already paid for a Vette. Your right, you never said which car it was but the way you worded it made it sound like you were comparing the Camaro to the Z06 by the price difference that you gave. And really, if you think weight isnt a factor, then go get you a Camaro SS and race a base C6, stock for stock and get your @$$ handed to you. Thanks for clarifying that, I never knew the Camaro and CTS could carry four passengers. Again, they weigh more than the Vette before any person is in the car. Do you not know the definition of curb weight!?

Again you are cracking me up. Go believe your magazines buddy. I guess you really believe the GTR is faster than the ZR1 too dont you. I dont need to prove you wrong, you are making a fool of yourself as it is. Thanks for insulting me with name calling also, thats never happened to me before. Yes you are the sensitive one because you couldnt stand being corrected by the first guy that posted telling you that the CTSV doesnt have a LS9 in it. And I didnt need to look up the weight of the cars, I already knew what they were on the Camaro and Corvette.

Again, why would you need to add more power to the Vette just because of the Camaro and CTSV. The Vette WEIGHS less than both so you dont need too. I know its hard for you to understand that weight is a huge factor in this but maybe one day you will get it. Excluding the Enzo and FXX, the ZR1 is faster than the other Ferraris and Lamborghinis and the Z06 isnt far behind it. So there is not much chasing going on for the ZR1. And I hate to burst your bubble, but the horsepower wars are more than likely over after the C6. I hope Im wrong on it but the C7 might be dropping in hp, not going up.

Ok I think I covered everything, lets see what you reply with next.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:05 PM
vvv90
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

My friend bought a brand new fully loaded '08 Z51 for $48k with all the incentives going on right now, so yes!

If you took just 10k and dumped it into performance for the Camaro it would be spanking the pants off the base corvette no matter the weight and you can even put the fat guy in the camaro.
You must be new to car forums, because that's the oldest and lamest arguement around. "If I put this amount into this it will beat that." Dude, just don't even bring that up. I have a reliable daily driven 825HP C5 with less invested than what a Camaro SS goes for.....SO WHAT!

It looks like you spent all your time worried about the weight.
Sounds to me like you need to worry MORE about weight. You obviously don't realize how much of a detriment it is to performance. Take it from me, I own a 3100lb Vette and a 4200lb SRT8. You have no idea what a difference in traction there is for a lighter vehicle. It's not always about power, it's about the ability to put it to the ground.

Maybe I should stop believing what I read in magazines and the guys that have the time, resources and experience, then I can start listening to you,
Ironically, that's exactly what you should do. We on the forums call them "rags" because claims made in them are continually proven wrong over and over and over again. Not only that, they rate cars based on the overall package, so if they don't like something it's usually because of something stupid like cup holders.

since you can get me a NEW fully loaded base corvette for “not much more” than 43k. Prove me wrong now jack dip.
See my first response ..... jack dip?

What I meant by its not acceptable to me that the CTS-V has more horsepower than a Z06 has nothing to do with GM putting the same corvette engines in other cars. It has to do with this: If they can put that much horsepower in those cars, WHY NOT add more to the corvette,
Well, that may not be acceptable to you, and that's fine, but what you're completely failing to catch a grip on is the point everyone keeps saying to you. Chevy has been following that pattern since the Camaro's inception! They always have shared parts, they've always had close HP numbers. This isn't new!!!! So while you're clamoring for something to change at GM because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean it's odd or strange. It's actually perfectly normal. Before the '06 Z06 the highest production HP car was the '70 chevelle making upwards of 500HP...More than the Vette of that year.

because lets be real, outside of the ZR1 no other corvette really stacks up to Ferrari or Lambo,
Stacks up how? In performance, or amount of cup holders?

and at the end of the day if GM is chasing the Ferrari and lambo (and they are admittedly doing just that) then why not get the bar that much closer as they obviously have the technology and design to do so (see the camaro and new CTS-V as examples). And that is why I stated I am excited about the next corvette.

Agreed. They've always been chasing the Supercar market. It's the Everyman's Supercar.

Get notified of new replies

To Im excited for the C7

Old 06-17-2009, 12:36 AM
nikejl
Intermediate

Like I said, a bunch of sensitive little babies around here.
an 08 corvette for 48k. Was there a camaro SS in 08? No so lets compare apples to apples.
You guys take one statement and act like I was comparing the Corvette as a whole to the Camaro and the CTS-V. You all took exception to this when all I was saying is that I was excited for the new Vette because of the HP they put in those 2 cars.

Whats 70 minus 50? Oh yeah 20. What was it I said, that the Camaro would be around 20-25k cheaper? Go figure.

Yeah you can mod anything and make it fast look at the 4 banger rice rockets. Still wouldn't catch me driving one

I could care less if the GTR is faster than a ZR1 because I don't own either. But I bet it really bothers you guys if someone said it. Get a life.

You guys missed the point because you heard something you thought was negative about the poor little corvette, and got upset.

Grow up, read my first post title I AM EXCITED FOR THE C7.

I understand curb weight, 600lbs and 1200lbs diffrence in a car. I understand that the power to weight ratio in the corvette Z06 is top class. What you don't understand is the I AM EXCITED FOR THE C7 and basically any corvette. No matter the HP vs other CARs the corvette has always been MY CAR, because it is the reachable supercar. Hell the base corvette has never been a HP monster, and it has never mattered to me, because out of all the world class cars, camaro's and CTS-v's I can/could have purchased I still choose and will choose Corvette's any day of the week.

That is why I am EXCITED FOR THE C7.
Get over youselfs, you think your so smart, talking about curb weight, torque, and 48k 2008's well you are so smart that you out thought the enitre room because all I was saying is that I am EXCITED FOR THE C7, smart guys.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:35 AM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Originally Posted by vvv90
My friend bought a brand new fully loaded '08 Z51 for $48k with all the incentives going on right now, so yes!

You must be new to car forums, because that's the oldest and lamest arguement around. "If I put this amount into this it will beat that." Dude, just don't even bring that up. I have a reliable daily driven 825HP C5 with less invested than what a Camaro SS goes for.....SO WHAT!

Sounds to me like you need to worry MORE about weight. You obviously don't realize how much of a detriment it is to performance. Take it from me, I own a 3100lb Vette and a 4200lb SRT8. You have no idea what a difference in traction there is for a lighter vehicle. It's not always about power, it's about the ability to put it to the ground.

Ironically, that's exactly what you should do. We on the forums call them "rags" because claims made in them are continually proven wrong over and over and over again. Not only that, they rate cars based on the overall package, so if they don't like something it's usually because of something stupid like cup holders.

See my first response ..... jack dip?

Well, that may not be acceptable to you, and that's fine, but what you're completely failing to catch a grip on is the point everyone keeps saying to you. Chevy has been following that pattern since the Camaro's inception! They always have shared parts, they've always had close HP numbers. This isn't new!!!! So while you're clamoring for something to change at GM because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean it's odd or strange. It's actually perfectly normal. Before the '06 Z06 the highest production HP car was the '70 chevelle making upwards of 500HP...More than the Vette of that year.

Stacks up how? In performance, or amount of cup holders?

Agreed. They've always been chasing the Supercar market. It's the Everyman's Supercar.
Thank you for pointing out what Ive already told this guy. I dont think he is ever going to get it though.

Like I said, a bunch of sensitive little babies around here.
an 08 corvette for 48k. Was there a camaro SS in 08? No so lets compare apples to apples.
You guys take one statement and act like I was comparing the Corvette as a whole to the Camaro and the CTS-V. You all took exception to this when all I was saying is that I was excited for the new Vette because of the HP they put in those 2 cars.

Whats 70 minus 50? Oh yeah 20. What was it I said, that the Camaro would be around 20-25k cheaper? Go figure.

Yeah you can mod anything and make it fast look at the 4 banger rice rockets. Still wouldn't catch me driving one

I could care less if the GTR is faster than a ZR1 because I don't own either. But I bet it really bothers you guys if someone said it. Get a life.

You guys missed the point because you heard something you thought was negative about the poor little corvette, and got upset.

Grow up, read my first post title I AM EXCITED FOR THE C7.

I understand curb weight, 600lbs and 1200lbs diffrence in a car. I understand that the power to weight ratio in the corvette Z06 is top class. What you don't understand is the I AM EXCITED FOR THE C7 and basically any corvette. No matter the HP vs other CARs the corvette has always been MY CAR, because it is the reachable supercar. Hell the base corvette has never been a HP monster, and it has never mattered to me, because out of all the world class cars, camaro's and CTS-v's I can/could have purchased I still choose and will choose Corvette's any day of the week.

That is why I am EXCITED FOR THE C7.
Get over youselfs, you think your so smart, talking about curb weight, torque, and 48k 2008's well you are so smart that you out thought the enitre room because all I was saying is that I am EXCITED FOR THE C7, smart guys.
Yea we are the "sensitive little babies" but you are the one that keeps complaining on here. And Im going to be a smart @$$ on this one but yes there was a Camaro SS in 2008. I didnt say GM made a Camaro SS in 2008 though. No matter what you do, comparing a Vette to a Camaro is not comparing apples to apples. They are two completely different cars. Get a clue! And no you took the whole comparing the cars way too far, not us.

Wow, you know basic math. Ok lets see, you can get a brand new Z06 for $74k and the Camaro SS I priced out was $43k, lets see 74 minus 43 is 31 so thats pretty damn close to what you said also genius.

No it doesnt bother me at all that someone says the GTR is faster than the ZR1 cause I know they are full of crap. Its been proven over and over again and you can look and see how many threads have been locked with the GTR fanboys trying to claim that it is.

I didnt get upset about anything. Its your opinion if you like the Vette or not. I could care less. I was just correcting you on info. that you were wrong on.

Sounds like you need to be the one to grow up.

Thats great that you are excited about the C7. I am too. But like I already said, the horsepower wars are pretty much over so dont be too dissapointed when the C7 comes out and it has less hp than the C6. Again I hope Im wrong on that but I dont think I will be.

Yea I know I am pretty smart. Thanks for saying so. Actually when you began this post you were already trying to compare it to the new Camaro and the CTSV so I think you need to get over yourself. Then you get your panties all in a wad because someone tried to correct you with what engine the CTSV had in it.

Ok so what do you have for me now?
Old 06-17-2009, 09:25 AM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Default i've given up

i no longer expect to see a c7. i'm not even sure GM will be around.
grand sport and zr1 are nice attempts to keep our interest for awhile.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Im excited for the C7