Sponsored by:

C7Z06 Customer Requirements Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 07:57 AM
thebrander
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 15 Posts

Default C7Z06 Customer Requirements Thread

For those of you "performance first" Corvette guys/gals, let's talk about what should be expected from the next generation Z06. I propose we assume the Z06 is the "track" or "street legal race car" version of the Corvette with MAXIMZED PERFORMANCE PER DOLLAR.

Specs, I'd love to see:
front mounted 555 bhp NA engine mounted even further back and lower than the C6Z
2700 - 2900 lbs curb weight
adjustable coilovers
"bullet proof" dry sump system
RWD with performance traction management system

To minimize weight and cost (that would eat up the "performance budget") the C7Z interior should be minimalist, similar to a Lotus Elise: http://www.zcars.com.au/images/lotus...-interior1.jpg

The C7Z should also not have a convertible or targa option to remain light and stiff.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:51 AM
indyspeed
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that the C7Z if there is one should be the more performance oriented car, but I'm not sure you will get them to radically change the interior from other models. There is a cost of having a totally different interior. I would hope though that they offer a 1LZ that makes sense that does not add a lot of extras which also adds weight, but you should probably keep in mind that the majority of Z06s do have a 3LZ package. So, it seems like we might be in the minority here...
Old 03-16-2010, 10:27 AM
GMuffley
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Better seats with adequate side bolstering.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:53 PM
thebrander
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by indyspeed
I agree that the C7Z if there is one should be the more performance oriented car, but I'm not sure you will get them to radically change the interior from other models. There is a cost of having a totally different interior. I would hope though that they offer a 1LZ that makes sense that does not add a lot of extras which also adds weight, but you should probably keep in mind that the majority of Z06s do have a 3LZ package. So, it seems like we might be in the minority here...
I'm hoping the C7 Grand Sport and/or ZR1 (of course assuming there will be C7 versions) will help serve the people who want 3LZ-type packages.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:56 PM
thebrander
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GMuffley
Better seats with adequate side bolstering.
... and maybe a harness option.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:00 PM
thebrander
Burning Brakes

...forgot to mention Brembo Gran Tourismos...

.... or maybe a Z06 version of the CTS-V brakes.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:18 PM
1stZ
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know it's been mentioned above, but to emphasize it's importance, I wanna state it again; better SEAT, SEAT, SEAT!!!!!! If it has to be an pricey option, so be it! Every new vette comes out & I hear the same complaint & GM just refuse to listen! I would be all over for a similar C6Z (1LZ or AC & Radio delete + a not so intrusive roll bar) with better seat & coil over suspension or even the magnetic ride.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:22 PM
niteriderc5
Safety Car

Better seats....benchmark a GT3...hell benchmark with in your own company ( Cadillac CTS-V Recaro's) Ditch the magnasteer ( Even the name sounds like crap ) for a conventional system with real genuine, unfiltered feedback.

A simple yet sophisticated designed, structurally sound interior!

Hell make those improvements and carry over the performance from the C6 Z06, keeping price within the 65k-70k base and there wont be a better car choice!
Old 03-17-2010, 02:09 AM
g9m3c
Instructor

It would be nice if GM incorporated all of those things into the next Z, but some of those are pretty radical wishes.....mainly the curb weight. 'Twould be a performer, though.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:35 AM
thebrander
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by g9m3c
It would be nice if GM incorporated all of those things into the next Z, but some of those are pretty radical wishes.....mainly the curb weight. 'Twould be a performer, though.
Not expecting it, but asking for it since "new and lighter materials" seems to be the design team's theme this generation. That curb weight would give us the same jump in performance between the C6Z and C7Z as there was between the C5Z and C6Z (likely more).

The new GT2 is supposedly dropping over 400lbs: http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/30/r...580-hp-gt2-rs/

... so it might be doable for the C7Z.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:37 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

I just hope GM hasn't fallen into the abyss and starts marketing watered down versions distinguished by tape, badges and wings to make them look mean.

I'll be happy if they make a C7 Z06 worthy of the name. The other details will work them selves out.

Tom

Get notified of new replies

To C7Z06 Customer Requirements Thread

Quick Reply: C7Z06 Customer Requirements Thread