C7 Production

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Rich_562
Former user ID rcthmpsn
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kappa

I'm pretty sure the economy tanked under W and continued under Obama. I wouldn't blame the lower sales figures of the C6 on one guy. Economic crises are much, much larger than any one person.

Hell, I'm not sure there would still be a Corvette without GM being able to restructure itself but carry on.
I think my point was hidden by my sarcasm.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:31 PM
IRVINEC6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marvolus
I don't care what you buy I just give you the facts I run the preproduction tooling on all blocks we run the unapproved AKA ( preproduction tooling ) usually 3 to 5 years before it is put into products I have run all of the GEN tooling all GEN blocks weather they are 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, 6.2 GEN 3 or 4 are the same block weather they are iron or aluminum the only diffrence is the barrel core assembly for the bore thickness the only diffrence between the GEN 3 & a GEN 4 is the way the oil is run through the block the GEN 5 yes will be a direct injected engine but that will not change the block it will still be the same block as the prior castings GEN 3 & 4 All Blocks & heads are preproduction cast in iron becouse it is more forgiving to work with I don't mean to come off wrong but this is what is going on becouse of the money problems within GM & the Governments standards placed on the Auto Companys I'm not saying GM has given up the Corvette it's just not the number one thing on the drawing board at this time be happy that GM didn't go under The Corvette will have its day again just not today remember good things come to those who wait The C3 ran 15 yrs. The C4 ran 12 yrs in good times it may take a min. To best the C6 it is a great auto THE ZR-1 is amazing the camaros are tail grabin' the vettes behind & the Caddys not to shabby either think Whatever you want I'm just a car guy that happens to work in the field I love all autos I have several a 67 Firebird with a 2008 6.0 GEN 4 about 600 hp 51000 miles , a 67 Bonneville 2 dr hardtop 335 hp all factory, a 80 Z28 all factory 52000 miles, a 66 Impala wagon 396 built about 420 hp, a 84 Corvette my summer time daily driver & project in progress BUT MY FAVORITE or as my woman says MY BABY then I have my winter rides my 97 Cadillac Deville DeElegance & my 420 SEL Mercedes or my 2 pickups a parts hauler & 1 to tow with as I also race 3 go karts that each will run over 100 mph NOW GO TAKE UER MEDS ................ !!!!!!!! Have a great day
"Marvolus", thanks for the info. I think coming from the "preproduction tooling dept" carries a lot of weight. Who else to know what engines are in the works. Good info .
Old 11-21-2010, 01:34 AM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

This has certainly been an interesting thread. Here we get a guy who works for GM and is actually willing to give us a little information. Yet he is put down or bashed by Forum members who: don't like the way he phrased the information / don't want to hear it / question his level of education / call him a low brow / don't like union workers / accuse him of being drunk or stoned / call him a fake / don't like the bailout that W initiated which saved GM / don't like the current president. Tough crowd.
Any time we get a GM guy to contribute to the forum is a plus, regardless of his writing style. I hope we haven't driven him away. Sure, some periods between sentences would make for easier reading, but no big deal.
The best one was the guy calling Obama "incompetant", showing that he himself was incompetent when it comes to spelling "incompetent"...
Don't let this thread scare ya away BMWDAD, they're not all this way.

Last edited by ZL-1; 11-21-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:49 PM
stic5
Pro

Originally Posted by ZL-1
This has certainly been an interesting thread. Here we get a guy who works for GM and is actually willing to give us a little information. Yet he is put down or bashed by Forum members who: don't like the way he phrased the information / don't want to hear it / question his level of education / call him a low brow / don't like union workers / accuse him of being drunk or stoned / call him a fake / don't like the bailout that W initiated which saved GM / don't like the current president. Tough crowd.
Any time we get a GM guy to contribute to the forum is a plus, regardless of his writing style. I hope we haven't driven him away. Sure, some periods between sentences would make for easier reading, but no big deal.
The best one was the guy calling Obama "incompetant", showing that he himself was incompetent when it comes to spelling "incompetent"...
Don't let this thread scare ya away BMWDAD, they're not all this way.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:00 PM
bldavis11
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Marvolus
I don't care what you buy I just give you the facts I run the preproduction tooling on all blocks we run the unapproved AKA ( preproduction tooling ) usually 3 to 5 years before it is put into products I have run all of the GEN tooling all GEN blocks weather they are 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, 6.2 GEN 3 or 4 are the same block weather they are iron or aluminum the only diffrence is the barrel core assembly for the bore thickness the only diffrence between the GEN 3 & a GEN 4 is the way the oil is run through the block the GEN 5 yes will be a direct injected engine but that will not change the block it will still be the same block as the prior castings GEN 3 & 4 All Blocks & heads are preproduction cast in iron becouse it is more forgiving to work with I don't mean to come off wrong but this is what is going on becouse of the money problems within GM & the Governments standards placed on the Auto Companys I'm not saying GM has given up the Corvette it's just not the number one thing on the drawing board at this time be happy that GM didn't go under The Corvette will have its day again just not today remember good things come to those who wait The C3 ran 15 yrs. The C4 ran 12 yrs in good times it may take a min. To best the C6 it is a great auto THE ZR-1 is amazing the camaros are tail grabin' the vettes behind & the Caddys not to shabby either think Whatever you want I'm just a car guy that happens to work in the field I love all autos I have several a 67 Firebird with a 2008 6.0 GEN 4 about 600 hp 51000 miles , a 67 Bonneville 2 dr hardtop 335 hp all factory, a 80 Z28 all factory 52000 miles, a 66 Impala wagon 396 built about 420 hp, a 84 Corvette my summer time daily driver & project in progress BUT MY FAVORITE or as my woman says MY BABY then I have my winter rides my 97 Cadillac Deville DeElegance & my 420 SEL Mercedes or my 2 pickups a parts hauler & 1 to tow with as I also race 3 go karts that each will run over 100 mph NOW GO TAKE UER MEDS ................ !!!!!!!! Have a great day
Dear God. This has to be one of the longest run-on sentences I've ever read! I hope you either (a) don't punctuate when you rant, or (b) doing a much better job with preproduction tooling than grammar.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:52 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Default Or, maybe..........

Originally Posted by bldavis11
Dear God. This has to be one of the longest run-on sentences I've ever read! I hope you either (a) don't punctuate when you rant, or (b) doing a much better job with preproduction tooling than grammar.
..................it's done on purpose to disguise his writing style so he won't be "recognized"/busted for disclosing info on this forum?
Old 11-22-2010, 02:59 PM
prinzSD455
Safety Car

Received 110 Likes on 69 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
..................it's done on purpose to disguise his writing style so he won't be "recognized"/busted for disclosing info on this forum?
except he then lists what vehicles he owns. Seems to me, an employer can find out rather quickly who the "leak" is.

I am not saying he is a fake, but rather if he wants to remain anonymous, listing his cars may not have been a good idea.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:47 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Default Only if that's not fake too!

Originally Posted by prinzSD455
except he then lists what vehicles he owns. Seems to me, an employer can find out rather quickly who the "leak" is.

I am not saying he is a fake, but rather if he wants to remain anonymous, listing his cars may not have been a good idea.
My guess is he'd be smart enough to cover his tracks altogether......

Old 11-22-2010, 05:22 PM
bfadenholz
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by TCW
Steve Grilli , the Corvette assembly plant quality engineer, said last night at the East Tennessee Corvette Club meeting that the C7 will be a short run production. GM is focusing now on the C8!!

This coincides with the rumor that the C7 will be a warmed over C6.

Tom
I hope not..... Because Corvette is the land mark for all American sports cars.....
Old 11-22-2010, 06:34 PM
DriverC6
Pro

Originally Posted by TCW
Steve Grilli , the Corvette assembly plant quality engineer, said last night at the East Tennessee Corvette Club meeting that the C7 will be a short run production. GM is focusing now on the C8!!

This coincides with the rumor that the C7 will be a warmed over C6.

Tom
The shortest generation Corvette was the midyear 63-67 and it was anything but a warmed over C1. New body, interior and suspension. I bet we get 2 out of the 3 on the C7.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:28 PM
-vet
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Vanishing Point

You guys need a C7 forum that is devoid of politics. Give the political types there own spot to pummel each other into the ground without disturbing the meager flow of C7 info.
Mention the red or the blue party and you simply vanish! No need to lock interesting threads.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:36 PM
CaliforniaJack
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Default NEXT GENERATION Corvette

A generation should be a major move forward, The C-5 moved the trans to the rear (like the old porsche 928). A new genaration needs a major development to be significant. The C6 has the same layout as the C5 so it isn't a major change. Yeah- they put a bigger motor in the same frame, but that isn't a new layout. All of the other performance cars migrated to mid-ship engines, but Corvette still has a 1980's Porsche layout.

Quick Reply: C7 Production