Sponsored by:

C7 Mule Drivetrain Photos

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BSSN
Because the M5 and M6 compare in performance to a base 'vette and cost...a little more.

Also, BMW's interior blows the 'vette away hands down. Their lowest quality 3-series feels nicer than my Z06 to me.

It's a nicer car. It' costs more. Just because it doesn't pull more g's or have a faster 0-60 does not place it lower on the food-chain. It's a nicer, more expensive car.
Ah! Ok. I know what you mean about the interior. I had a better one in my BMW. But I thought a Vette would be more fun. And I was right about that. I'm not attracted at all by the M6, so I didn't think too much about it. I wonder how well it fares on the 'Ring.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:00 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

supposedly now that GM has all hands on deck..the new C7 interior is supposed to be far and away better than any competition...

I don't really care about interiors at all. I'm fine with my c6 interior. The cars a blast and I just ordered up a DSVette Alcantara D shaped wheel for laughs..The center console...and the arm rests have aftermarket pieces as well.

what I want to see is a DCT or MCT transmission as an option and 475hp standard....

BMW's are nice sedans and Crossovers......the convertibles and sports cars are kind of .......

Nothing beats driving a vette if you dig sports cars...supercars ...worlds best..

JMO
Old 08-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JerriVette
supposedly now that GM has all hands on deck..the new C7 interior is supposed to be far and away better than any competition...
If we were able to send men on the moon in the seventies, what's car interiors really. It's just a question of attitude. I just hope the critics will be silenced once and for all. It could be the start of something big. Like taking back the reigns of our economy. Someone take me off my soap box. I'm getting tense. LOL
Old 08-15-2011, 08:53 AM
KevinK
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Critics will never be silenced. Once the interior issue is "solved", they will move on to how the corvette isn't made entirely out of kevlar and carbon fiber. Or how it doesn't get 45mpg, or that the wheels don't fold in to make it fly, like that delorian in back to the future.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:07 AM
ockie
Instructor

Originally Posted by KevinK
As for your other idea...the car was designed, from day one, to be a proper sports car for americans. It was built to be competitive with the cars from over the pond, which were perceived to be only for the wealthy, for various reasons. It has remained true to that ideal for over half a century. 50,000 IS a lot of cash to throw down on a limited use 2 seater, but it's not unobtainable. A plumber, carpenter, restaurant manager, etc, can all work towards the goal of buying one of these cars new. Sure, they have to work harder than non middle class, upper crust folks, but again, it's not unobtainable. Yet, anyway.

The real issue GM is facing right now, is that the middle class in america are vanishing like a fart in the wind. So the question becomes, how long do they design a car and market it towards a demographic that is increasingly more rare? How long before they decide that the middle class can no longer support the car's existence, and either do away with it altogether, or make it more appealing to the folks that would rather buy an AMG Mercedes, Porsche 911 turbo, or Audi R8? Times.

They are a changing.

I can agree with that.

Last edited by ockie; 08-15-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:22 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

I thought they said there would be a dramatic change in the C7, this doesnt look dramatic to me. Dont like the looks of the exhaust at all. I hope they change the body more than that.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:11 PM
1motime
Intermediate

I dont believe that is the c7 being tested, .
Old 08-15-2011, 05:20 PM
1motime
Intermediate

I believe if you remove the bullcrap from the front and rear of the concept you have the actual c 7 corvette sweet design. It's low, narrow, has the hips of the stingray and the car gets narrow towards the rear. totally stingray.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:25 PM
zland
Drifting

Received 608 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinK
Critics will never be silenced. Once the interior issue is "solved", they will move on to how the corvette isn't made entirely out of kevlar and carbon fiber. Or how it doesn't get 45mpg, or that the wheels don't fold in to make it fly, like that delorian in back to the future.
I think you have something there. Basically it is the thing to do to bash anything American.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:43 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah... Let them bash our cars while their jealousy seeps out from behind their grins. They'll never be happy as long as the Corvette keeps demolishing everything they come out with.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:05 PM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette

I don't really care about interiors at all. I'm fine with my c6 interior. The cars a blast and I just ordered up a DSVette Alcantara D shaped wheel for laughs..The center console...and the arm rests have aftermarket pieces as well.

what I want to see is a DCT or MCT transmission as an option and 475hp standard....

BMW's are nice sedans and Crossovers......the convertibles and sports cars are kind of .......

Nothing beats driving a vette if you dig sports cars...supercars ...worlds best..

JMO
I love everything about my Z06 but the interior. It is the worst interior I have seen in a car that costs more than $12,000. I love my car, and I would buy it again in a heartbeat, but the interior is junk. The stereo sucks and has BAD resonance/vibration in all the body-panels if you turn it up past 1/8 volume or move the bass past 1/2 way. In-short, my 2002 Infiniti G20 (a tarted up Sentra) is a better built car, interior-wise. Will definitely trade for a C7 when it's out.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:13 AM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It may have nothing to do with a C7.. Manufacturers have design teams that are
constantly working on something. They could be testing a motor or some driveline
for 10 years down the road. Probably some C6 running around with nothing but
batteries under the hood. Or a 4 cyl model. They got to look further down the road
than next couple of years.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:55 AM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by texvette2
It may have nothing to do with a C7.. Manufacturers have design teams that are
constantly working on something. They could be testing a motor or some driveline
for 10 years down the road. Probably some C6 running around with nothing but
batteries under the hood. Or a 4 cyl model. They got to look further down the road
than next couple of years.
If they have a battery powered car that sounds like a Ferrari like that mule in this thread...I'm in!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

The official 2013 911 pictures just leaked. I think the Corvette guys can match it style-wise and easily trump the base and S models in performance.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:59 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kappa
The official 2013 911 pictures just leaked. I think the Corvette guys can match it style-wise and easily trump the base and S models in performance.
LOL at OFFICIAL pictures leaking out-if they leaked out, they are not official, right? The manuf has to release them to make them official.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by petermj
LOL at OFFICIAL pictures leaking out-if they leaked out, they are not official, right? The manuf has to release them to make them official.
Semantics.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:18 PM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

I'm sure Porsche wasn't trying too hard to prevent them from surfacing...

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Mule Drivetrain Photos

Old 08-17-2011, 08:40 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BSSN
I'm sure Porsche wasn't trying too hard to prevent them from surfacing...
porsche has nothing to hide, all they do is recycle the same car over and over for 50 years.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:32 AM
ST Graveyard
Instructor

porsche has nothing to hide, all they do is recycle the same car over and over for 50 years.
And that seems to be a winning formula for them ...
Old 08-18-2011, 08:43 AM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ST Graveyard
And that seems to be a winning formula for them ...

Quick Reply: C7 Mule Drivetrain Photos