Sponsored by:

Should future Corvette be a brand?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 09:54 PM
CPTAHAB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Actually

Actually, GM was once going to remove the Vette from the Chevy lineup and maintain its own dealer network, etc...smaller, but cool...you imagine a tech that was solely trained on Vettes! Good stuff...

I like the idea - who wants to wade through brat kids in the play area waiting on mommy and daddy to sign the papers on that Malibu...and really, do we need popcorn when we car shop...

Am I crazy?

Old 10-11-2011, 10:00 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by CPTAHAB
I like the idea - who wants to wade through brat kids in the play area waiting on mommy and daddy to sign the papers on that Malibu...and really, do we need popcorn when we car shop...

Am I crazy?
Yes, and arrogant as hell.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Sure, your local Chevy dealer might not have the swankiest lobby. There might even be *gasp* sweaty ugly overweight working-class folks buying SUVs and pickups in there!

But the nice thing about Chevy dealers? They're local. Closer to home. Closer to work. Closer to everywhere in the country. Now, they might not all have the absolute best mechanics, but they're part of a network that's supported by the folks who designed and built the thing, and if something bad happens when you're on a road trip, you don't have to get towed 500 miles.

Corvette is a fine daily driver and a great road trip car, and it's right that it's a Chevy.

See the USA in your Chevrolet.

.Jinx
Old 10-12-2011, 12:14 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Jinx
... But the nice thing about Chevy dealers? They're local. Closer to home. Closer to work. Closer to everywhere in the country. Now, they might not all have the absolute best mechanics, but they're part of a network that's supported by the folks who designed and built the thing, and if something bad happens when you're on a road trip, you don't have to get towed 500 miles. ...

.Jinx
Well put.

I live in the Chicago area and we have about 25 Chevy dealers within a 25 mile radius of my home. On the other hand, there are only 3 Porsche, 1 Ferrari and 1 Lotus dealer within the same radius.

As you venture away from major metropolitan areas, it gets worse. Across the country there are only 31 Ferrari and 41 Lotus dealers. Porsche fares a lot better with 195 dealers across the US.

Now I've lived with that before, and it is OK, but when something does go wrong, you have to be prepared to 'go with the flow'. I like the fact any Chevy dealer can offer assistance.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:32 PM
BobRBob
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Yes, it's definitely a benefit although there are fewer dealers than there used to be. As to the quality of the dealerships, from what I've seen around here at least, they really aren't too bad.

See the USA in your Chevrolet. Jinx, are you dating yourself?
Old 10-12-2011, 07:23 PM
CPTAHAB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jackhall, or whatever...dont be bitchy man...I mean I'm just being honest...not arrogant. But hey man, keep living a nice quiet, keep to yourself life..dont wanna make those waves!

LOL...take care!

Old 10-12-2011, 10:53 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Jackhall, or whatever......I mean I'm just being honest...not arrogant.
It's not whatever. It's Jack Hall.

Anybody who posts this:

... who wants to wade through brat kids in the play area waiting on mommy and daddy to sign the papers on that Malibu....
has a problem.

Chevy accounts for the majority of GM revenues. If you are that bothered by Malibu buyers and their children, I recommend you go buy a Porsche, Ferrari or Lotus. You will, unfortunately, be bothered by kids with parents buying sedans or vans in almost any other dealership in the country. Oh, Porsche sells four door vehicles also. Scratch Porsche off your list.

Last edited by jackhall99; 10-13-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Should future Corvette be a brand?