C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What do you think of the Jalopnik renderings?
I LOVE IT!
24.21%
I HATE IT!
40.88%
I DON'T KNOW..
34.91%
Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

what do you think of the Jalopnik renderings?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 12:01 AM
911_S
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the Jalopnik renderings except for the Camaro taillights. But I want to see the interior before I give it a thumbs up. The interior of the C6 was the reason that I didn't buy one.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:08 AM
banter
Instructor

At first I was like :-/ but it's beginning to grow on me. This may be my first corvette.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:34 AM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

Originally Posted by z edge
just what it says, what do you think of the C7 "renderings" posted
The best C7 render yet. the tranformers car looks like ****. I would buy the jalopnik car if GM makes it, as long as it has a world class interior.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:47 AM
HarryWild
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 11-16-2011, 06:57 AM
REZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 72 Posts

Lets see 135 million $$$ to retool......

Looks like another Obama stimulis package to Me......

Nothing accomplished..!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:48 AM
F16 1UB
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the wipers.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:52 AM
44golfguy
Cruising

The tires look O K., wait a minute after a second look I don't care for them either.

Last edited by 44golfguy; 11-17-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:07 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

looks too similar to other cars like a ford/jaguar xk

If the car turns out to look like this Ill be buying another c6 in a few years unless there is a significant enough performance improvement to justify paying more for a body style I dont care for.

Make the c7 look like the dp car and Ill definitely be in line for one.

Last edited by el es tu; 11-16-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:07 AM
CarBoy
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

If this turns out to be the C7, then what I'm seeing here is the value of my C5 not going down any more, and the value of the C6's possibly going up.........

That car is ugly!!!!

I wasn't a big fan of the C6's when they 1st came out, but they began to grow on me. The wide body versions (Z,GS, ZR1), those are totally HOT!!!

I so can not see this car growing on me at all .....

Would much rather see the Transformers concept than this ugly thing.

Further more I'm surprised that the poll #'s show that much approval. Is that the (ricer guys) voting that way? Liking all the tacked on venting kits..... Where's the giant fart can muffler?

If that's the next vette, then I'll be buying a GS and waiting for the C8.......if GM lasts that long...........
Old 11-16-2011, 12:54 PM
shakedown067
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I'm still not buying that these rendering are based off the "production" car. Oh wait, the production car isn't set yet. Also, if these were near final renderings, GM would probably be hunting for blood and have a cease and desist lawsuit on jalopnik. They have a couple of small, meaningless facebook posts saying these aren't what it's going to look like. Yep, that sounds more accurate to me. Would also be a good modern way to QUICKLY get potential client feedback, on say a new styling of tail lights. I think this is ALL setup by GM, hook line and sinker.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:41 PM
vant
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by shakedown067
I'm still not buying that these rendering are based off the "production" car. Oh wait, the production car isn't set yet. Also, if these were near final renderings, GM would probably be hunting for blood and have a cease and desist lawsuit on jalopnik. They have a couple of small, meaningless facebook posts saying these aren't what it's going to look like. Yep, that sounds more accurate to me. Would also be a good modern way to QUICKLY get potential client feedback, on say a new styling of tail lights. I think this is ALL setup by GM, hook line and sinker.
Sorry if this has been mentioned before (there's been so many posts on the C7 lately). But I don't recall a time when GM has responded to ANY rendering of the C7, from ANY source, other than the Jalopnik rendering. In fact, I thought it was their policy to never respond?

This makes me believe that the Jalopnik rendering is very close to the real thing. But who knows, maybe you're right about it being a test by GM.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Kelly100
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 44golfguy
The tires look O K.
That's funny
Old 11-16-2011, 04:45 PM
stic5
Pro

Wow. There sure are a bunch of bitter haters on this board. What's funny is that when this car comes out, those of you that can afford it will be in line to buy one, and those of you that can't afford it will still probably still be in "my C5 looks so much better" denial. Really? Your C5 looks better? I bet your wife looks better than Olivia Wilde too. Give me a break. What would you prefer? The ridiculous Stingray Concept that GM put in Transformers to throw off those of you with poor taste and IQs below 90? Did you really think that thing ever had a chance of being built? It hit every branch when it fell out of the ugly tree. No, what you all want is THIS car. You just don't want to admit it to yourself yet. But when you see it sitting in the showroom or passing 911s on TV, you'll start drooling.

Anyway, rant off. The base version looks great to me. The headlights and roof line are much improved. The ZR1 version looks a little overdone in the drawings we see here, but I'm sure it will look great in person. I'm looking forward to putting one of these cars in my garage in the future; I can't wait to hear the mechanical specifics on each trim line.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:54 PM
shakedown067
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by vant
Sorry if this has been mentioned before (there's been so many posts on the C7 lately). But I don't recall a time when GM has responded to ANY rendering of the C7, from ANY source, other than the Jalopnik rendering. In fact, I thought it was their policy to never respond?

This makes me believe that the Jalopnik rendering is very close to the real thing. But who knows, maybe you're right about it being a test by GM.
You're probably right, I'm probably giving GM too much credit for their marketing department to come up with a scheme like this.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:40 PM
dvrt10
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by stic5
Wow. There sure are a bunch of bitter haters on this board. What's funny is that when this car comes out, those of you that can afford it will be in line to buy one, and those of you that can't afford it will still probably still be in "my C5 looks so much better" denial. Really? Your C5 looks better? I bet your wife looks better than Olivia Wilde too. Give me a break. What would you prefer? The ridiculous Stingray Concept that GM put in Transformers to throw off those of you with poor taste and IQs below 90? Did you really think that thing ever had a chance of being built? It hit every branch when it fell out of the ugly tree. No, what you all want is THIS car. You just don't want to admit it to yourself yet. But when you see it sitting in the showroom or passing 911s on TV, you'll start drooling.

Anyway, rant off. The base version looks great to me. The headlights and roof line are much improved. The ZR1 version looks a little overdone in the drawings we see here, but I'm sure it will look great in person. I'm looking forward to putting one of these cars in my garage in the future; I can't wait to hear the mechanical specifics on each trim line.
I totally agree with you. Talk about a knee-jerk reaction! People see three low quality computer-generated renderings from a questionable source and start swearing off GM and Corvette for life. Sheesh. I guess they feel that posting 'threats' of buying a 911 / GTR / Elise / Viper / R8 / M3 / etc / etc instead is going to scare GM into designing the car they want. Gimme a break.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I'll wait till I see it in the showroom before even commenting.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:36 PM
wbvette
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like a trans am lol

Get notified of new replies

To what do you think of the Jalopnik renderings?

Old 11-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Timz16
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

These poll results seem incongruous with the head to head Stingray Concept vs. Jalopnik poll?
Old 11-16-2011, 08:31 PM
LIVetteFan
Racer

Originally Posted by jrhunkler

Epic fail GM. Epic fail.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:15 PM
OJCrush08
Burning Brakes

Seventy four percent so far either hate it or are neutral. Restores my faith in the common sense and design sense of the majority of folks here. I still hope this design "parts bin" of kluged together C6, GTR, Camarao, and 599 bits is a major fail. Tacking on Camaro tail lights to the azz end of a new design is Gomer Pyle stupid, and it unfortunately does not end there.

I believe in second chances, but giving the Pontiac Aztek design team the lead on this new model is a major fail decision.

GM, we know you are out there. LISTEN and LEARN! Many of us who have actually bought your new Vettes will NOT buy this one. The '10 Z06 in my garage will NOT be replaced by this thing.

Quick Reply: what do you think of the Jalopnik renderings?