C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you think they intentionally leak photos?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 08:35 AM
BobRBob
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

I don't like the Transformer concept. But it's very likely exactly what it appears to be - a stylized forerunner of the C7. A replay of the classic Mako Shark which very accurately telegraphed the look of the C3 a couple of years later.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:45 AM
rpanesar
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

....the transformer concept holds cues to the C7. It may not transfer in complete entirety but you will see the cues in the final product eg. the split window.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:13 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Received 313 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by BobRBob
I don't like the Transformer concept. But it's very likely exactly what it appears to be - a stylized forerunner of the C7. A replay of the classic Mako Shark which very accurately telegraphed the look of the C3 a couple of years later.
except I happen to like the style, and have stated on so many posts here I can not count them, the Transformer Concept (Sidewinder) was made for a reason besides the movie. It was to DRAW interests from the younger generations who is a majority of that audience who goes to the Transformer Movies.

Of course it will not LOOK EXACTLY like the movie car, but you can bet MOST of the styling will be taken from that "Concept" and revised so it will be easy to assemble on the line.

GM started a trend with the Camaro in the Tranformer Movie, I think its called "Bumble Bee", and you saw over a year before it was on showroom floors the new Camaro, then why would they not do that for the Corvette.

So many are making such a big adoo about trying to get the first spy photos, while I have thought and still think the obvious, the C7 was released over a year ago in the movie, and the convertible model was just release in the latest movie.

Putting something in plain view is the best way to hide something, and in this case GM has fooled most. Like it or hate it, what you see is basically what you are getting, SOOOOO many people hated the C5 when the first photos were released, and it was on of the most successful genrations ever built.... Just keep an eye on what is in front of you now.

Last edited by 1KULC7; 12-13-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

The Camaro show car first appeared in January 2006.
Principal photography on Transformers began in April 2006.
GM announced the Camaro production decision in August 2006.
The first Transformers trailer appeared in December 2006, and the movie opened in July 2007.

So no, GM didn't use Transformers to inform their production decision; nobody saw the movie until almost a year after the production decision was announced.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Z06Electron
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still think it is all just speculation, they probably don't even have a finished body design yet, sure they may have some prototypes they are playing with, but this has all happened before. There have been Corvettes in the past people thought would be built that never saw final production. We just simply won't know until GM gives us a photo and says here it is ladies and gentlemen, come and get it.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Electron
...they probably don't even have a finished body design yet, sure they may have some prototypes they are playing with, but this has all happened before.
When has any GM vehicle program made an exterior design decision a scant 12 months before its official unveiling and 18 months before start of mass production? I don't think that's ever happened before.

The body design is surely finished save perhaps trim-piece aero tweaks like inner ductwork and chin spoiler angle.

I expect camo'd spy shots in late spring and the car on a commercial shoot in just under a year

.Jinx
Old 12-16-2011, 12:34 AM
Dudeurgettnavette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No!
Old 12-16-2011, 05:32 AM
foothills
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EBVette
except I happen to like the style, and have stated on so many posts here I can not count them, the Transformer Concept (Sidewinder) was made for a reason besides the movie. It was to DRAW interests from the younger generations who is a majority of that audience who goes to the Transformer Movies.

Of course it will not LOOK EXACTLY like the movie car, but you can bet MOST of the styling will be taken from that "Concept" and revised so it will be easy to assemble on the line.

GM started a trend with the Camaro in the Tranformer Movie, I think its called "Bumble Bee", and you saw over a year before it was on showroom floors the new Camaro, then why would they not do that for the Corvette.

So many are making such a big adoo about trying to get the first spy photos, while I have thought and still think the obvious, the C7 was released over a year ago in the movie, and the convertible model was just release in the latest movie.

Putting something in plain view is the best way to hide something, and in this case GM has fooled most. Like it or hate it, what you see is basically what you are getting, SOOOOO many people hated the C5 when the first photos were released, and it was on of the most successful genrations ever built.... Just keep an eye on what is in front of you now.
I hope ya'll are right!
Old 12-17-2011, 11:20 AM
vdavenp802
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 53 Posts

FWIT, I think is was leaked. It is at least plausible. Looking for last minute comments that could still be tweaked in order to avoid a disaster.
Like:
Those Camaro tailights have GOT to go.
The Mustang roof line has GOT to go, plueeze.

Quick Reply: Do you think they intentionally leak photos?