Sponsored by:

C7 ZR1 and Z06-Go Separate Ways?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 04:09 PM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

Some of the gripes we read on CF would be eliminated if there were Corvette models packaged more precisely targeting specific buyer profiles. One model would be a track ready Corvette (max performance, striped down for track use, RECARO, etc).

We read gripes about Corvette interior quality, needs more luxury, etc. FWIW I believe GM intends the CTS-V to be the BMW 650 & Jag XKR competitor, not Corvette. While I would disagree with the strategy, my guess is GM keeps the Corvette interior intentionally (beneath?) different than Cadillac.

Cheers,
JB
Old 12-20-2011, 07:49 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaka
Er, so which part are you having difficulty understanding, friend? Has Tux been sharing his dubie with you? I know you can't read too fast in your condition, so I'll type slowly.

My point is, that you can put a kit on your car and make it a street racer in America without approval from the authorities and you can't in Europe. You can't buy a Euro GT2 here, but you can convert your 911 to one in your back yard and no one will bother you except for some of the **** retentive members of this forum. Understand?
Wow, somebodies bordering on getting a lump of coal in their stocking this year.................lighten up and join the Holiday spirit. Sounds like you have "joint envy". Better check your keyboard - that "slow typing" of yours doesn't make it any better than normal - or maybe you're just always slow?

Actually, your statement is incorrect as it applies to "America' generally. I don't know about Florida, but here in California (which last time I checked was more or less still part of America) kit car builds require inspection and approval by the DMV and CHP before registration or renewal. Modifications to existing cars involving the drivetrain reqiure CARB certification of the parts. I've done both. Ride height changes are technically illegal but rarely enforced - usually only after an accident to reinforce liability.

These requirements may not always be rigorously enforced on a day to day basis, but the checks at renewal or change of registration have caught many people. Try adding a non CARB supercharger or long tube headers to a C6 and then getting it certified. Ain't gonna happen! Many other states have similar requirements. It may not be the Polizei, but they are "smog *****". The CHP also writes up these types of violations when they make stops for speeding.

So - I guess the real answer isn't black or white yes or no. Maybe Florida is different. Lucky you if so!

Happy Holidays to you too, Bunkie!

Last edited by tuxnharley; 12-20-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:15 PM
allaluminum427435
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep it rather simple -

Base - Twin turbo Inline-6, 320-350 hp, 7M, 8A, 45k
Grand Sport - 350 ci V8, 450-500 hp, 7M, 8A, 55k
Z06 - 427 ci V8, 550-600 hp, 7M, 7 Paddle Shift, 75k
ZR1 - Twin Turbo or Supercharged 350 ci V8, 650-700 hp, 7M, 100k
ZL1 - Twin Turbo or Supercharged 427 ci V8, 750-1000 hp, 7M, extremely limited production, 180k
Old 01-01-2012, 01:39 AM
big al1
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do anyone know if Cadillac will used the new C7 frame for their new XRL? I heard that may do an mid-engine type.

Quick Reply: C7 ZR1 and Z06-Go Separate Ways?