C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*C7 LETDOWN* ... So, Now What R UR Plans???

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 09:06 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rdodson
The chief engineer is no dummy. He & his team will make the right decisions to blend the Corvette history and new technology to make the C7 the best vet yet.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:20 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by rocknroller
Seems Corvettes are starting to look less and less "Vette like".
While I do somewhat agree, what exactly does a Vette look like?

Is this "Vette like"?:

Or is it this?:

Nah, this has gotta be it LOL:

I don't really care because to me they are ALL "Vette like".
Old 01-21-2012, 10:05 PM
rocknroller
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
While I do somewhat agree, what exactly does a Vette look like?

Is this "Vette like"?:

Or is it this?:

Nah, this has gotta be it LOL:

I don't really care because to me they are ALL "Vette like".

Then I guess you don't "somewhat agree".
Old 01-21-2012, 10:45 PM
WHT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rdodson
The chief engineer is no dummy. He & his team will make the right decisions to blend the Corvette history and new technology to make the C7 the best vet yet.
Well, Ed Welburn helped give us this:

Come to mention it, some parts do look similar to the C7 drawings .

Old 01-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Stew24
Pro

Received 174 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by WHT
Well, Ed Welburn helped give us this:

Come to mention it, some parts do look similar to the C7 drawings .

That's toooo funny !!! , .. But the Aztec looks a lot worse than that on the road!
Old 01-21-2012, 11:08 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rocknroller
Seems Corvettes are starting to look less and less "Vette like".
What exactly is "vette-like"? So many people on here don't believe the Vette should evolve or change regardless of how many times they BEG for it.

But I can totally agree with the statement if we didn't have C2, C3, C4 or C5 generations. After all, the C6 looks nothing like the C1. But yet they're all pretty damn "vette-like" because they're all Vettes. That's called evolution. We don't look very Cro-Magnon-like do we? I mean sure, we have 2 legs, 2 arms, and our heads are a couple feet above our asses, but exactly how similar are we? The Vette has to evolve. And if it takes a different shape (which in my honest opinion is VERY Vette-like), then it does.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:09 PM
rado63
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The two dimensional C7 drawings look very good to me. A very nice progression of the corvette style. From every drawing I've seen, it looks good at every angle. The drawings are not dramatically different from the current C6 silhoutte. Porsche 911's don't look radically different from the original. In fact, the 911 is a gradual progression to their current model. The C7 is not a let down, rather a nice progression. The C7 will probably have much more content than the C6. Prices could be higher. Personally I can't wait to see it.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:11 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rado63
The two dimensional C7 drawings look very good to me. A very nice progression of the corvette style. From every drawing I've seen, it looks good at every angle. The drawings are not dramatically different from the current C6 silhoutte. Porsche 911's don't look radically different from the original. In fact, the 911 is a gradual progression to their current model. The C7 is not a let down, rather a nice progression. The C7 will probably have much more content than the C6. Prices could be higher. Personally I can't wait to see it.
100%
Old 01-22-2012, 06:54 AM
crazyv6
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I will throw an answer out there. After selling both of my Corvettes, I am shopping for a 1969 Camaro Z-28. If the C7 looks like the renderings, no thanks. I test drove some of the Z07 equipped Z06s, which are wonderful cars, but, it will be outdated in 18-20 months. The Z-28 will always be cool.
JMHO
Old 01-22-2012, 09:02 AM
dboz
Burning Brakes

The C7 is a tweak of the C6 which was a tweak of the C5. Why would you like C5's or C6's and hate the C7? I guess I don't get what all the fuss is about. Personally, after seeing the ZL1 Camaro in Detroit this week, I would dump my money in that over an old crusty 69 (even if it is mint). Although the 69 is the best looking Camaro ever made, the new ZL1 is going to be special.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

However that C7 turns out in the final version, i doubt there are very many here that are not going to like it. And I have no doubt it will make the C6 look old and tired.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:54 AM
690 HP V
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will buy another CTS-V.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Kevin93
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew24
If the R8 faithful thinks the new NSX ripped them off, they should be equally mad at Audi for NOT being able to come up with a variation so much more beautiful such as Acura did ...
The R8 looks horrible in comparison.

I'm still optimistic on the C7 though. A few years back someone who'd seen the C6 and did a rendering that, while technically close, had proportions that were off a little and it got us all scared... many of us wrote off the C6 untilthe body buck and Guy Ritchie ad pictures came out. I'm betting on the same thing again.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:21 AM
dboz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Kevin93
The R8 looks horrible in comparison.

I'm still optimistic on the C7 though. A few years back someone who'd seen the C6 and did a rendering that, while technically close, had proportions that were off a little and it got us all scared... many of us wrote off the C6 untilthe body buck and Guy Ritchie ad pictures came out. I'm betting on the same thing again.
That is good, I wrote it off until they flared the fenders.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:57 AM
ANTIVNOM
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 32 Posts

It blows my mind that so many people are saying they are disappointed in the C7 WHEN YOU HAVE YET TO SEE THE REAL THING LIVE.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:04 AM
02HREBlue
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ryoder
I can't wait to see if they put some decent seats in it.
Then I can buy them and put them in my C6.
Yah probably will stay with the theme and put Camaro SS seats in it. That will be more than good enough for you guys right? The taillight, just as in the Camaro, are abysmal and truly looks out of place and incongruent with the design otherwise
Old 01-22-2012, 11:34 AM
rocknroller
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
What exactly is "vette-like"? So many people on here don't believe the Vette should evolve or change regardless of how many times they BEG for it.

But I can totally agree with the statement if we didn't have C2, C3, C4 or C5 generations. After all, the C6 looks nothing like the C1. But yet they're all pretty damn "vette-like" because they're all Vettes. That's called evolution. We don't look very Cro-Magnon-like do we? I mean sure, we have 2 legs, 2 arms, and our heads are a couple feet above our asses, but exactly how similar are we? The Vette has to evolve. And if it takes a different shape (which in my honest opinion is VERY Vette-like), then it does.
Hah! I was warned Corvette owners have EXTREMELLY thin skin. I was just testing.

Actually, don't take my word for it, just look at the posts from dozens of owners on this very site for views on the eveloving looks of the Corvette.

Get notified of new replies

To *C7 LETDOWN* ... So, Now What R UR Plans???

Old 01-22-2012, 12:10 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by dboz
The C7 is a tweak of the C6 which was a tweak of the C5. Why would you like C5's or C6's and hate the C7? I guess I don't get what all the fuss is about. Personally, after seeing the ZL1 Camaro in Detroit this week, I would dump my money in that over an old crusty 69 (even if it is mint). Although the 69 is the best looking Camaro ever made, the new ZL1 is going to be special.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:32 PM
crazyv6
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dboz
I don't want to say any bad things about the C7, yet. To me the 1969 Z-28 will never go out of style.
You are right about the new ZL1 being awesome and it easily falls in my price range. My complaint about the new Camaro falls in the styling department. To me the designers just smoothed out the lines of the 69 and did not come up with anything new.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:07 PM
dboz
Burning Brakes

Well, nostalgia seems to be selling so don't expect any radical changes soon. The departure from heritage is what sent Camaro to extinction last time around. They rounded and smoothed it into a giant two door wedge, and sales tanked.

Quick Reply: *C7 LETDOWN* ... So, Now What R UR Plans???