Sponsored by:

C7 warranty??

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 10:54 PM
shawnvettefan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 warranty??

Will the C7 finally get a warranty worthy of a high-end vehicle? I'm talking about bumper-bumper.

The warranty needs to be a four year bumper-bumper. I mean Porsche, Merecedes AMG, Jaguar R (they have a five year), and Bmw M series all have monster perfomance and yet they still have a four year warranty.

But the Corvette has the same warranty as a Malibu???
Old 01-26-2012, 12:26 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by shawnvettefan
I mean Porsche, Merecedes AMG, Jaguar R (they have a five year), and Bmw M series all have monster perfomance and yet they still have a four year warranty.
And do all of those cars also include a 5 year/100,000 mile drive train warranty in their (very large) purchase prices at no extra charge as well?
Old 01-26-2012, 01:51 AM
shawnvettefan
Instructor

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
And do all of those cars also include a 5 year/100,000 mile drive train warranty in their (very large) purchase prices at no extra charge as well?
I was referring to bumper-bumper.

I would take a 4/48 bumper-bumper with a first class service experience over a 3/36 with a 5 year power train warranty any day. You can't beat bumper-bumper.

Besides even Buick has a 4/48 warranty yet a $50-$120K Corvette doesn't?

Last edited by shawnvettefan; 01-26-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:00 AM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

...even Buick has a 4/48 warranty yet a $50-$120K Corvette doesn't?
Buick has an image to obtain and uphold. They are doing everything they can to find buyers, especially younger buyers. A warranty like that is there to help that cause. The Corvette, on the other hand, has no problem finding buyers. Owners seem to have a fine time with their warranty, and I have not hears many complaints.

While not quite the approach I would use, I can see where they are coming from and why they concentrate their efforts where they do.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Endeka
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I don't want to pay an additional tax because somebody else doesn't know how to fix their own car. The drive train is the part that's a pain for me to fix myself; the rest I can pretty much handle!
Old 01-26-2012, 11:41 AM
c54u
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts

more warranty = higher price.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Dudeurgettnavette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fix your own car
Old 01-26-2012, 01:11 PM
ockie
Instructor

Considering that the cars you listed are far more expensive.... you could always just purchase extra extended warranties... it's actually quite cheap....
Old 01-26-2012, 03:12 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Will the C7 finally get a warranty worthy of a high-end vehicle? I'm talking about bumper-bumper.

The warranty needs to be a four year bumper-bumper. I mean Porsche, Merecedes AMG, Jaguar R (they have a five year), and Bmw M series all have monster perfomance and yet they still have a four year warranty.

But the Corvette has the same warranty as a Malibu???
I highly recommend you buy a Porsche, Mercedes AMG or Jaguar R for the peace of mind their warranty will give you.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:05 PM
shawnvettefan
Instructor

Originally Posted by jackhall99
I highly recommend you buy a Porsche, Mercedes AMG or Jaguar R for the peace of mind their warranty will give you.
Gm's own car, the CTS-V that sells for around $60K with monster performance and similar engine & technology has a four year warranty and they can't give the Corvette one???

I don't understand why some people on this site don't want to make the Corvette better???? Any comment to make the Corvette better comes with criticism from a small minority of people on here.

Times have changed and it's time for Corvette to be the leader in all aspects (not just performance). It seems that GM is always playing catch up instead of leading. It's that same mentallity that put them (and other domestic brands) in the hole and leaving them far behind with a bad reputation and now find themselves catching up (although they are almost there now).

I am one of the biggest Corvette lovers out there, but I am not blind to it's shortcomings (like some are here) and always hope for a better Corvette that is world class in performance, interior quality, warranty, dealer service & experince, reliability, etc.

If they build a far superior C7 that costs more and I find myself not being able to afford it, I will wait couple of years and buy a used one. I won't bitch about not improving the car because it will cost more!! I much rather have that car used than just an acceptable brand new C7.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:37 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

No one here is blind to the shortcomings of the Corvette. At the end of the day, the Corvette is built to both a standard and a price. If GM wanted to splurge on the Corvette, dumping money into interior improvments, carbon fiber bits, and warranty coverage, they most certainly good. But, sales would severely suffer. At its current price, any person who works hard throughout their life will one day be able to afford a Corvette. I think that is special.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:39 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by redvette77
No one here is blind to the shortcomings of the Corvette. At the end of the day, the Corvette is built to both a standard and a price. If GM wanted to splurge on the Corvette, dumping money into interior improvments, carbon fiber bits, and warranty coverage, they most certainly good. But, sales would severely suffer. At its current price, any person who works hard throughout their life will one day be able to afford a Corvette. I think that is special.
It certainly is special.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:41 PM
2K14C7
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 321 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Cadillac has GM's best warranty. 4 years, 50,000 miles bumper to bumper. It would be nice to see the C7 get that.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:28 PM
shawnvettefan
Instructor

I agree with some of the things you are saying. But GM has yet to prove it can "splurge" and make a top notch interior...example the XLR. They were selling a $85K XLR with an inferior interior. But that was a few years ago, let's hope GM can finally prove it this time around with the C7. Besides it's not like this will double the price of the car....it only takes a few thousand dollars to really step up the interior.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:40 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Besides it's not like this will double the price of the car....it only takes a few thousand dollars to really step up the interior.
A few thousand dollars for the materials. A bit more for the installation. Add one even more money to ensure that GM profits from each car. It would add up. Top notch interiors are for Cadillac.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:47 AM
BobRBob
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Dudeurgettnavette
Fix your own car
You cannot be serious!

This is not the way for Corvette to take market share from it's major competitors. There isn't one new Corvette buyer in a hundred that wants to fix his own $60K car.

Good grief. A competitive warranty is part of the ante in this game.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:57 PM
WaxWeekly
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k2C5
Cadillac has GM's best warranty. 4 years, 50,000 miles bumper to bumper. It would be nice to see the C7 get that.
Warranties are typically standardized across each moniker. I agree that I would like to see a Cadillac "Corvette", but it would not be called a Corvette, since that is branded under Chevrolet. Chevrolet offers 3/36 with 5/100 powertrain.

The XLR was a failure. Huge potential, but I've seen like 2 on the road. I've seen more ZR1s in the last week.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 warranty??

Old 01-28-2012, 05:05 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

I'm still waiting for my three year to end so I can start modding the hell out of it without concern. I think I'd never decide to mod it if it was a 48 month term.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:28 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Well one thing is for sure.They keep raising the price and skimping on that interior!POWERTRAIN warranties are like betting on a race that you already know the outcome of!In the real world,powertrains of today are virtually bulletproof!Even a LINCOLN has a 4/50 b to b.GM is just cheap and out of touch with the consumer.Hence the bankruptcy of the recent past.What they are telling the consumer is "we really don't trust our cars not to break after the 3/36"....unlike hyundai,kia,suzuki and a whole lsew of other makes out there that give at least a 5/60 bumper to bumper HAVE BETTER QUALITY INTERIORS AND STILL MAKE A BOAT LOAD OF MONEY SELLING CARS!
Old 01-30-2012, 09:10 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

The Corvette is one of GM flagship cars and should come with at least a 4yr bumper to bumper warranty along with the 100,000 powertrain warranty.

Quick Reply: C7 warranty??