Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well i got confirmation today from rick hendrick

Old 04-23-2012, 02:43 AM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Received 865 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
The story is pure BS. I'm sure GM "reps" (WTF does THAT mean?) are just cruising around with photos of the C7 in their briefcase. Oh yeah.....right.
Kinda reminds me of the reaction from most when an Apple employee "accidentally" left a new iPhone 4 in a bar.
I mean come on, an Apple rep (WTF IS AN APPLE REP) was bar hopping and left the prototype behind (WTF WAS he doing WITH a prototype?), oh yeah.....really!?

It's all just to build suspense, start rumors and get people talking.
Someone used Occam's Razor earlier, probably a good call.

All things being equal, the conclusion that draws the least possible new questions is likely the correct one.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:13 PM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Z-Rated
Your post title is misleading !
After all you did not get confirmation from thee " Rick Hendrick". Hopefully for you Rick Hendrick the person doesn't read this. You then reference that this story is from the guys in a Rick Hendrick dealership. Supposedly a group of GM Reps carring around images of a future Corvette came in and showed "the guys". Come on !! You have to know your buddies are playing you for a fool here. When have GM Reps ever walked around with images of future product that aren't showing the current model year ? Sounds like those GM Reps were really guys from Jalopnik . LOL

I have two local dealerships I work with and I have been on the top of the C7 waiting list since last year. Not a single peep from GM to them.

They are a pretty large Corvette dealership and they actually had a customer of theirs win the Onstar ZR1 Centennial Edition. I'm guessing the guys were fooling with ya.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:15 PM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Aozora
Kinda reminds me of the reaction from most when an Apple employee "accidentally" left a new iPhone 4 in a bar.
I mean come on, an Apple rep (WTF IS AN APPLE REP) was bar hopping and left the prototype behind (WTF WAS he doing WITH a prototype?), oh yeah.....really!?

It's all just to build suspense, start rumors and get people talking.
Someone used Occam's Razor earlier, probably a good call.

All things being equal, the conclusion that draws the least possible new questions is likely the correct one.
In all fairness my local dealer had photos and specs of the SS Camaro WAY before its launch so it isn't impossible.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:26 PM
93LT1
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the Jalopnik photos are accurate, It's highly likely I'll be buying a C7. That is if the dealers don't inflate the prices because it's new.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:40 PM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by 93LT1
If the Jalopnik photos are accurate, It's highly likely I'll be buying a C7. That is if the dealers don't inflate the prices because it's new.
It's not likely you'll see discounts in the 1st year. Some will pay over sticker to get a new C7.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:39 PM
gs_M6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree there will be some lambo design influence. Pics of the mule show the side glass is visible from the rear. From what I've seen only Gallardo and, to a subtler degree, McLaren MP4 possess that design feature.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:36 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Blowndave
my shop buys a lot of wholesale goodies from rick hendrick chevrolet in duluth, ga and i know the general sales manager. i stopped in to pick up some parts and he stopped me to notify me that the gm reps just stopped by with actual pictures of the new C7. He was not allowed to keep them (obviously) but he said the production version is almost an exact match to what jalopnik posted on the renderings. he compared the front end to a lamborghini. there are a few differences on the actual car versus the renderings. it looks like i might be trading up real soon!!! figured you guys might want to know! they did not specify powertrain options btw...
Old 05-24-2012, 10:38 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 93LT1

Then you won't be buying, since they will be inflating. Count on it. You might have some luck with a Forum vendor, maybe.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:50 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by SanDiegoBert
Then you won't be buying, since they will be inflating. .....
I think you are right: the early offerings will be above MSRP.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:44 PM
gatti-man
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

2nd year will be the time to buy imo. Paying over msrp is for suckers and the wealthy. Im neither lol.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:47 AM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gatti-man
2nd year will be the time to buy imo. Paying over msrp is for suckers and the wealthy. Im neither lol.
Plus, most of the first-year bugs will be exterminated by the second year. Most of 'em, probably not all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: well i got confirmation today from rick hendrick