Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I sue hope theyu ditch the crappy Bose systems

Old 02-14-2012, 08:38 AM
Newton06
Drifting

Received 319 Likes on 166 Posts

Default I sure hope they ditch the crappy Bose systems

I've had two CD units fail in my Nav system, just like my mom's PoS Bose Wave unit.

Utter crap.

Last edited by Newton06; 02-19-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

lol Blose, yeah they suck I always say Bose are for men who's wives decide what stereo they can get.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:36 PM
CaryKen
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Hear, hear!!! Bose 's cozy little relationship with all the automotive makers is awful. Ripping out the Bose is a priority for getting listenable sound.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Newton06
...my mom's PoS Bose Wave unit.
Your mom's purchase illustrates concisely why Bose gets the business.

Bose effectively markets itself as a premium audio brand.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:49 PM
mazurekd
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 150 Posts

I like my Bose Wave radio. Best AM reception I have currently. Some of the old cheap JC Penney's AM/FM radios could really bring in the AM signal.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:41 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,419 Likes on 2,266 Posts

I bet the C7 sound system will be much improved, along with the NAV.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Newton06
Drifting

Received 319 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by mazurekd
I like my Bose Wave radio. Best AM reception I have currently. Some of the old cheap JC Penney's AM/FM radios could really bring in the AM signal.
My mom purchased the Wave & CD changer. During the holiday, she asked me to put in some Christmas music & lo and behold, the changer was dead. She hardly ever used the thing & it cost her a lot of money.

Google the Wave (especially look at Amazon) and there are hundreds of other people that have had the same failure. Bose is telling them to go pound sand.

I've had my NAV unit replaced twice now with the same problem where it fails to recognize/detect/remember that an audio CD is inserted. The head unit/changer in our Rav4 Limited is much, much better.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Nick996
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No highs. No lows. Must be Bose.

My daily driver is a 2010 CRV and it has a better stereo in it from the factory than my 2011 Grand Sport. The Bose is just crap.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:43 AM
lockmart
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah my Bose stereo in my C5 is a joke. No highs no lows exactly. I hope they get rid of it too. My next car will either be a C7 or a used 911 which also has Bose in some models unfortunately.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:58 PM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Somehow, I just dont see the Bose continuing into the C7. So many people have complained. I am guessing maybe Pioneer...
Old 04-10-2012, 06:10 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't think Bose is going to make it either. If the new "infotainment" system goes in the C7, there likely won't be Bose.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:10 AM
jazzlove
Melting Slicks

Location: San Antonio Texas - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

My sound system will be Burmester...
Old 04-10-2012, 09:08 AM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Just adding to the list of those who recognize Bose is an Achilles heel of Corvettes. Substandard audio and nav systems together with substandard seats have topped the list of owner complaints for years. After all this time I'm afraid one has to conclude that Chevrolet isn't listening - maybe their voice mail system is made by Bose and they can't understand our messages . . .
Old 04-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Nick996
Pro

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
Just adding to the list of those who recognize Bose is an Achilles heel of Corvettes. Substandard audio and nav systems together with substandard seats have topped the list of owner complaints for years. After all this time I'm afraid one has to conclude that Chevrolet isn't listening - maybe their voice mail system is made by Bose and they can't understand our messages . . .
I agree and will add that if the interior on the C7 isn't as good as the new Viper, I'm out. For the price point of the Corvette, it should have a much better interior. Enough is enough with the cheap interior and HORRIBLE seats. It's been an issue since day 1 of the C6 and GM has done nothing about it.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Zee0hSix
Drifting

Bose system in my Infiniti is fantastic, Z06 Bose system........not so much.

Wonder why the huge difference between the two?

Almost as if the people at Bose designed a cheap POS system, "It's only a Chevy"

Or should we blame the bean counters at GM for having Bose build a "budget" sound system?
Old 04-10-2012, 11:15 AM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Zee0hSix
Bose system in my Infiniti is fantastic, Z06 Bose system........not so much.

Wonder why the huge difference between the two?

Almost as if the people at Bose designed a cheap POS system, "It's only a Chevy"

Or should we blame the bean counters at GM for having Bose build a "budget" sound system?
I agree, the Bose in my wife's Infiniti is excellent. GM made the choice, you get what you pay for. I'm sure Bose would much prefer to sell GM the more expensive, higher quality audio systems.

Quality audio is one of the reasons many younger buyers (40s-50s) have been attracted to other sports cars. A lot of people don't care about CD players and AM reception any more. They want iPhone/iPod connectivity, App support and full rich sound.

Here's a thought, maybe Corvette bean counters actually listened to Corvette owners... Judging from several other threads here, posters scoffed at having quality audio/entertainment options even offered for their Corvettes.

Cheers,
JB
Old 04-10-2012, 02:11 PM
prinzSD455
Safety Car

Received 110 Likes on 69 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Default I agree...go with Karmann

The Blose on C4 are even worse. Way too much bass built in.

Get notified of new replies

To I sue hope theyu ditch the crappy Bose systems

Old 04-10-2012, 02:34 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Guess I must be tone deaf............. I've had Bose systems in both my old C4 and current C6, liked both of them, and never had a problem!

Then again, my hearing's probably partially shot from standing right in front of the speakers at WinterLand and the Fillmore West 40+ years ago, listening to Janis, the Dead, Country Joe, etc, etc, etc.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:44 PM
B-ZR1
Instructor

I've always heard that with Factory car stereo systems, the car manufacturer pays "BOSE", "Pioneer", etc for the right to stamp their name on some separately manufactured stereo system and for the most part these factory car stereo systems have nothing to do with the branded name on them.

Don't know about all vehicles but I know this is true of a special "Pioneer Edition" Ford my mom used to own. Everything in it had the Pioneer logo, but nothing was actually made or designed by Pioneer.

Even so, I'm not a fan of Bose, be it real or just branded. I will say I've heard worse though LOL
Old 04-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,371 Likes on 2,064 Posts

Originally Posted by jb_va2001
I agree, the Bose in my wife's Infiniti is excellent. GM made the choice, you get what you pay for. I'm sure Bose would much prefer to sell GM the more expensive, higher quality audio systems.

Quality audio is one of the reasons many younger buyers (40s-50s) have been attracted to other sports cars. A lot of people don't care about CD players and AM reception any more. They want iPhone/iPod connectivity, App support and full rich sound.

Here's a thought, maybe Corvette bean counters actually listened to Corvette owners... Judging from several other threads here, posters scoffed at having quality audio/entertainment options even offered for their Corvettes.

Cheers,
JB
If they want connectivity for MP3s over a CD, they are not buying a system for sound quality, they are buying it for convenience. A really good sound system would reveal an MP3 recording for the crap that it is.
They seem to want convenience and LOUDNESS. Psycho-acoustics reveals that in comparing two systems that are not obviously different (one crackles, the other doesn't) the listeners will prefer the louder system the majority of time(volume over quality). When volumes are matched, other characteristics play more heavily.

You can't have good lifelike bass in a car due to acoustics. The length of the interior will not support bass in the bottom one to 2 octives.

People waste a lot of money on "great" sound systems. The better systems have heavy digital manipulation to sound decent, but it won't be natural, it will be flatter or closer to the curve you prefer.

Last edited by Racer X; 04-10-2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: typing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I sue hope theyu ditch the crappy Bose systems