C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head and Leg Room in the C7

Old 03-29-2012, 09:41 AM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

Default Head and Leg Room in the C7

Probably my biggest concern about the C7 is whether a reduction in headroom or legroom will occur. If there is any reduction of either, I better buy a 2013 model (C6) before the C7 comes out.

Has anyone heard any speculation about this?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:49 AM
HZ3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I have it on very good authority that there will be in fact a 37% decrease in leg room this in fact however will be made up for and explained by a 51st Anniversary factory installed Wheelchair Accessible Ramp that can be pulled out much like the ones used in UHAULs

Hopefully this addition helps quell any initial fears and confirms that GM does in fact have its original buyers who helped build Corvette into such an iconic brand in mind.

Some other juicy rumors for a car that hasn't even been revealed yet include a Life Alert button for those that find Onstar to complicated to replace a Push Button start. This should in fact give the vehicle that Corvette flair we all have become so used to over time.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

No speculation about this specifically that I can recall here...

Nobody expects the cabin size to change much -- but the roof a B pillar look different, and we all expect different seats, so there's no telling what impact that has.

However, unless you plan to order a specific color and option configuration that's not very popular, you are probably safe to wait until the C7 is revealed in January.

From Ken Fichtner's post here on Feb-22, May 7 is the first day of MY2013 production, and "2013 Corvette production period is expected to run for approximately nine months." So you could get in a last-minute C6 order after seeing C7, though some colors and options will probably have ended already; and surely dealers will have new C6 stock on their lots for a while after that.

Also, from this Jan-12 post by kevakasper (which also corroborates the May start and nine-month duration of MY2013 production), "Dealers... should plan their inventory needs to last through late summer of 2013... Dealers will need to be prepared for several months in 2013 without Corvette production."

.Jinx

Last edited by Jinx; 03-29-2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: added info about C6 inventory advice
Old 03-30-2012, 12:27 AM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Jinx
No speculation about this specifically that I can recall here...

Nobody expects the cabin size to change much -- but the roof a B pillar look different, and we all expect different seats, so there's no telling what impact that has.

However, unless you plan to order a specific color and option configuration that's not very popular, you are probably safe to wait until the C7 is revealed in January.

From Ken Fichtner's post here on Feb-22, May 7 is the first day of MY2013 production, and "2013 Corvette production period is expected to run for approximately nine months." So you could get in a last-minute C6 order after seeing C7, though some colors and options will probably have ended already; and surely dealers will have new C6 stock on their lots for a while after that.

Also, from this Jan-12 post by kevakasper (which also corroborates the May start and nine-month duration of MY2013 production), "Dealers... should plan their inventory needs to last through late summer of 2013... Dealers will need to be prepared for several months in 2013 without Corvette production."

.Jinx

Yeah, thats why I was asking. I like my car to not only look good, but be different from everyone else's. I ordered an 08 vert w/cobalt red and ebony seats (and I paid the stupid $500 override fee to allow me to get this combination). With all of the options, it turns out (per the museum) that my car was the only one in 08 that was optioned out the way I ordered it. Walked it through the production line, museum delivery, etc....So, I wouldn't be too keen on taking one from dealer stock, unless it had exactly what I wanted.

I do, however, have to chuckle at the poster prior to you....sometimes a question cant be asked without some smartass respone...but oh well, it may have been a stupid question.

Thanks.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:03 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

If you have a particular build in mind, keep your ear to the ground, particularly wrt the forum supporting dealers. Or just get friendly with your local dealer. You should get ample warning of when the production window on various options is closing.

Question though -- if you have the 08 you wanted, why buy a 13?
Old 04-02-2012, 02:46 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Jinx
If you have a particular build in mind, keep your ear to the ground, particularly wrt the forum supporting dealers. Or just get friendly with your local dealer. You should get ample warning of when the production window on various options is closing.

Question though -- if you have the 08 you wanted, why buy a 13?
No one ever said you couldn't have more than 1 vette. And, if I am really not going to fit into a c7, I would definitely consider upgrading to the last of the c6.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:28 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by RACE U
... ...sometimes a question cant be asked without some smartass response...but oh well, it may have been a stupid question. ....
Yes, he is a clown.

Your question was not stupid.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:06 PM
meganzhang
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, if the price of headroom or legroom can be reduced,i will buy a new model car.however,there is not a trend of reducing the price on the market.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:10 PM
tomzarbo
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RACE U
Probably my biggest concern about the C7 is whether a reduction in headroom or legroom will occur. If there is any reduction of either, I better buy a 2013 model (C6) before the C7 comes out.

Has anyone heard any speculation about this?
I'm with you on this question. I'm 6'4" tall and just fit in my 2006 Convertible.

The C6 Corvette was unique in it's convertible top in that where my head sat was right between two spars in the top instead of right against one as in most other convertibles. Even if I hit a bump and my head came up a little bit and pressed into the top, it didn't hit anything hard.

I'm also hoping that the C7 retains good head room and leg room for us 'oversized' Vette buyers.

Speaking of Verts, does anyone know the low down on whether the new C7 will be introduced as a Coupe and Convertible concurrently or will the convertible be delayed for a time?

TomZ

Get notified of new replies

To Head and Leg Room in the C7

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Head and Leg Room in the C7