Sponsored by:

Spoke with an Engineer working on C7 today

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 07:58 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sportcruiser
It's a car. What are you hoping for, nuclear power?
And auto pilot!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:48 AM
HarryWild
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sportcruiser
It's a car. What are you hoping for, nuclear power?
Latest rumor is that it is suppose to look like the Ferrari 599! A $425,000 supercar! If it does; and the interior is half decent; it will be a buy of a lifetime! I recently saw most of the supercars and it is very impressive looking. If it is price with the options of the GS model for 2014 of $88K or around that amount; I will buy it if that is the exterior look of the car.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:17 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Very Apple like. Wish the federal govt could keep its secrets secret.

Tom
Old 04-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06LUST
1. No he doesn't own it. If 'he' hadn't "saved" Gm there would be no Corvette....but that is an intellectual concept...and the words Republicans and intellectual do not go together in the same sentence.

2. Numbnut Republicans
This should go off line but what a ridiculous assumption followed by an inane observation. All BO saved were some UAW jobs and management jobs for his supporters in GM. Oh, and more useless Volts being shoved down somebody's throats.

If you understood anything about economics you would realize the GOOD products from GM would have surely survived a non-taxpayer-subsidized reorganization. The Vette, being a VERY good product, likely the best example thereof.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:48 PM
zland
Drifting

Received 608 Likes on 191 Posts

^^ I really wish everyone could keep political debate off threads that are focused on cars. Sadly the political discussions these days are so negative. I really do not want to hear it & like most people, did not log onto the C7 forum to hear someone's political views.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:29 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by zland
^^ I really wish everyone could keep political debate off threads that are focused on cars. Sadly the political discussions these days are so negative. I really do not want to hear it & like most people, did not log onto the C7 forum to hear someone's political views.
Agreed.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:34 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Seriously, the GM bankrupcy is OLD news, what does it have to do with the C7?

On the C7 front, I too have a hard time believing the Jalopnick/C&D rederings are THE C7. Jalopnik gained access to the car (supposedly) in November 2011, call me spectical....how did that happen??? And, they claim their rendering is the ZR1...a car we WON'T see until model year 2015 (maybe) and more likely 2016 (purely my guess). And they have that finalized already???? We'll see.

JImmy

Last edited by jimmyb; 04-28-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:48 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb

Seriously, the GM bankrupcy is OLD news, what does it have to do with the C7?

On the C7 front, I too have a hard time believing the Jalopnick/C&D rederings are THE C7. Jalopnik gained access to the car (supposedly) in November 2011, call me spectical....how did that happen??? And, they claim their rendering is the ZR1...a car we WON'T see until model year 2015 (maybe) and more likely 2016 (purely my guess). And they have that finalized already???? We'll see.

JImmy
Jalopnik is part of Gawker Media. This publishing company doesn't play by the books. It was founded by a Brit who thinks he understands America. It's surprising he's not behind bars as we speak, for that and other deeds. Not that I wish that on him; but I'm surprised. Let's say their fuel is well known to be sex, drugs and rock and roll. You can bribe many people with that.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:51 AM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitrous Oxide
Jalopnik is part of Gawker Media. This publishing company doesn't play by the books. It was founded by a Brit who thinks he understands America. It's surprising he's not behind bars as we speak, for that and other deeds. Not that I wish that on him; but I'm surprised. Let's say their fuel is well known to be sex, drugs and rock and roll. You can bribe many people with that.
OK . . . So . . .That means they somehow got access by devious means and their reportage is accurate?
Old 04-29-2012, 01:04 AM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SanDiegoBert
OK . . . So . . .That means they somehow got access by devious means and their reportage is accurate?
Their info is always accurate as far as I know. Sometimes they promise a scoop, and don't deliver. But when they do, it's the real deal.

Do you remember the iPhone prototype scandal? It was left in a bar and Gawker Media got it. We can't prove devious means, but it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure it out.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:07 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Now that's a conspiracy theory I can get behind. They (Jalopnik) get photos of a highly placed GM guy dressed in a Little Bo Peep outfit smoking crack, threaten exposure (maybe pun intended) and THAT'S how they got the renderings...
That explains everything, the renderings ARE real, thank goodness.

Some jerk leaving an iphone in a bar is different from someone being allowed into GM (for hours I assume) to sketch the C7, don't you think?

Jimmy

Last edited by jimmyb; 04-29-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:08 AM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Now that's a conspiracy theory I can get behind. They (Jalopnik) get photos of a highly placed GM guy dressed in a Little Bo Peep outfit smoking crack, threaten exposure (maybe pun intended) and THAT'S how they got the renderings...
That explains everything, the renderings ARE real, thank goodness.

Some jerk leaving an iphone in a bar is different from someone being allowed into GM (for hours I assume) to sketch the C7, don't you think?

Jimmy
If you think we're dealing with the likes of the New York Times or the Washington Post, you're in for a big disappointment. There's no **** site like Fleshbot on the NYT site. This Gawker site (which doesn't even have a 18 yrs entrance warning) used to be directly linked within Jalopnik. And read blogs from former employees who claim to have been paid with more than just money. I'm not making these things up. Here we have granpas who need to be taught the basics of street life. "I just can't imagine how anyone would dare spill the beans... oooh boy ooh boy". Work your imagination fer crissakes. That's all I'm sayin'.

Last edited by Nitrous Oxide; 04-29-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:30 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

If you think we're dealing with the likes of the New York Times or the Washington Post, you're in for a big disappointment. There's no **** site like Fleshbot on the NYT site. This Gawker site (which doesn't even have a 18 yrs entrance warning) used to be directly linked within Jalopnik. And read blogs from former employees who claim to have been paid with more than just money. I'm not making these things up. Here we have granpas who need to be thought the basics of street life. "I just can't imagine how anyone would dare spill the beans... oooh boy ooh boy". Work your imagination fer crissakes. That's all I'm sayin'.

A. I am aware that we are not talking about the New York Times or the Washington Post. Certainly, those 2 papers have NEVER had any issues (Plagerism, nah, that was someone else)

B. I ALWAYS trust what FORMER employees say about FORMER employers.

C. I don't think you are making things up, I think you read them and believe them.

D. Sorry, I am not a grandpa, I am, however, old enough to be one. I only wish I was as cool, smart, and street savvy as you (see points A, B, and C and then try again on the "street life", unless you're referring to the tune by The Crusaders, which is a great song).

E. Work my imagination. Well, sorry, old guys like me get all our news from the National Enquirer, not paragons of journalism like Jalopnik,etc.

Jimmy
Old 04-29-2012, 02:37 AM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

A. I am aware that we are not talking about the New York Times or the Washington Post. Certainly, those 2 papers have NEVER had any issues (Plagerism, nah, that was someone else)

B. I ALWAYS trust what FORMER employees say about FORMER employers.

C. I don't think you are making things up, I think you read them and believe them.

D. Sorry, I am not a grandpa, I am, however, old enough to be one. I only wish I was as cool, smart, and street savvy as you (see points A, B, and C and then try again on the "street life", unless you're referring to the tune by The Crusaders, which is a great song).

E. Work my imagination. Well, sorry, old guys like me get all our news from the National Enquirer, not paragons of journalism like Jalopnik,etc.

Jimmy
And for my part, I always take Jimmy's sound advice.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:01 AM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

I'm not going to beat this to death, but I'll just leave this here since there's incredulity about Gawker's methods:

April 12, 2012:

"The Fox News employee fired for leaking inside information to Gawker Media was reportedly paid only $5,000 for the spy gig, Forbes reports.

Joe Muto, aka the Fox Mole, was outed Wednesday after Fox News discovered he was the one who had accessed two videos that later ended up on Gawker's website."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1060736
Old 04-29-2012, 10:32 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

I'm not going to beat this to death, but I'll just leave this here since there's incredulity about Gawker's methods:

April 12, 2012:

"The Fox News employee fired for leaking inside information to Gawker Media was reportedly paid only $5,000 for the spy gig, Forbes reports.

Joe Muto, aka the Fox Mole, was outed Wednesday after Fox News discovered he was the one who had accessed two videos that later ended up on Gawker's website."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1060736
I don't want to beat it to death either, your first post IMPLIED something much more sinister than simple monetary payments for info (the "sex, drugs, and rock and roll fuel" line), anyhow, we'll all find out what the C7 REALLY looks like in January, unless "some lucky guy" captures one on, oh, I don't know, maybe a car transporter, say, in San Francisco.

Jimmy
Old 04-29-2012, 10:40 AM
sportcruiser
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with you, but when someone spews an opinion that has a basis only in dogma, it's difficult not to respond. For instance, the real fact is that the executives that were ousted saved GM, and all the government did was steal the assets from shareholders, and then sell those assets to a new set of shareholders. Since the dogma lives on the Internet, those of us that understand how the Internet works feel it needs to be offset with some fairly accurate facts/informed opinions.

But, in the end, I am with you.... All political posts should be deleted immediately, but if they are going to be left here should the rebuttals.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

I don't want to beat it to death either, your first post IMPLIED something much more sinister than simple monetary payments for info (the "sex, drugs, and rock and roll fuel" line), anyhow, we'll all find out what the C7 REALLY looks like in January, unless "some lucky guy" captures one on, oh, I don't know, maybe a car transporter, say, in San Francisco.

Jimmy
I hope it looks better than what we've seen. Especially the butt, which has been beaten to death. I like the front. My guesstimate is that what we've seen is probably 85% right.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:15 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

I hope it looks better than what we've seen. Especially the butt, which has been beaten to death. I like the front. My guesstimate is that what we've seen is probably 85% right.
I'm with you, I like the front on the renderings, don't like the back. We can take some solace that renderings of the C6 (up to 8 months before the public intro) were not especially close.

Jimmy

Quick Reply: Spoke with an Engineer working on C7 today