C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could it be???? Look what was spotted at Les Stanford Today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 04:10 PM
LES STANFORD CHEVY
Platinum Sponsor Since 2004

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Default Could it be???? Look what was spotted at Les Stanford Today!

Is it the new way to ship Corvettes to the dealer or is it New C7's going to the Milford Proving Grounds?????
Old 05-02-2012, 04:17 PM
shank0668
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never seen that but looks like a Grand Sport up front (c6)
Old 05-02-2012, 04:25 PM
LT1_E85_Corvette
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

any other pictures would be nice - side view???
Old 05-02-2012, 04:58 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Look at the fog light area. Those are C6s.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by LES STANFORD CHEVY
or is it New C7's going to the Milford Proving Grounds?????
You are kidding, right?
C'mon man.

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Look at the fog light area. Those are C6s.
Those are clearly C6s, look at the Grand Sport wheels (the C7 will very likely NOT be using current C6 wheels on any model), look at the shape, look at today's date (a trailer load of 2014 C7s at a dealership in May 2012? ) even LOL.

It is pretty cool that they're shipping them so well covered/protected though.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:21 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

** EDIT **

Oh nevermind, I'd just realized that it was actually 'Les Stanford Chevrolet' that posted that LOL, I do believe that they'd know the difference LOL.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Parker Corvette
Pro

BMW's including my new Z4 are shipped in enclosed transport. So was my Lexus. My CTS and Corvette were not shipped in enclosed transport. Premium brand vs non premium brand shipments. Open carriers with cars covered with a bed sheet is not cool or good protection., in my opinion.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:23 PM
LES STANFORD CHEVY
Platinum Sponsor Since 2004

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

It is the new way of shipping them- it was a test to see how they faired getting here to Detroit-

We were just kidding around-
they are covered c6's
Although- the trucks with the mules come here all the time on the way to Milford or Warren--- so stay tuned
Old 05-02-2012, 05:24 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by colorado c6
bmw's including my new z4 are shipped in enclosed transport. So was my lexus. My cts and corvette were not shipped in enclosed transport. Premium brand vs non premium brand shipments. Open carriers with cars covered with a bed sheet is not cool or good protection., in my opinion.
omfg... Gtfo!

Last edited by SCM_Crash; 05-02-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:29 PM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why is it that the c7 section has roughly a 40% never should have been started/needs to be locked rate since the new year?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:32 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Colorado C6
BMW's including my new Z4 are shipped in enclosed transport. So was my Lexus.
When an uninformed or naive consumer (ya know, the ones that are merely under the perception (deception?) or impression that they're getting more than they paid for) pays $50k for what is really just a glorified $35k car then of course that car company can afford to ship it in an enclosed truck. It adds to that whole 'perceived quality' smokescreen that the dealership had just laid on them LOL.
I'll take the open trailer and a $49k sports car that performs like (or even better than) a $95k sports car should instead thank you.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:37 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
When an uninformed or naive consumer (ya know, the ones that are merely under the perception (deception?) or impression that they're getting more than they paid for) pays $50k for what is really just a glorified $35k car then of course that car company can afford to ship it in an enclosed truck. It adds to that whole 'perceived quality' smokescreen that the dealership had just laid on them LOL.
I'll take the open trailer and a $49k sports car that performs like (or even better than) a $95k sports car should instead thank you.

Not to mention that if the car arrives with chips or scratches, they take care of it before you take delivery. It's not like they say, "We drove your car here through a hail storm! Enjoy you're $50K piece of crap!"
Old 05-02-2012, 05:42 PM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

BMW's including my new Z4 are shipped in enclosed transport. So was my Lexus. My CTS and Corvette were not shipped in enclosed transport. Premium brand vs non premium brand shipments. Open carriers with cars covered with a bed sheet is not cool or good protection., in my opinion.
Get real CoC6. Your Z4 traveled across the pond in a ship exposed to salt air, crewed with who knows who, and licensed in a third world country. Add to that, driven by non-BMW dock workers on to those enclosed transports to hid all that after they sat dock side, both ways. Corvettes are loaded by plant workers with care and the assistance of Jack Cooper Transport Co drivers. Do you want to attack them now?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Parker Corvette
Pro

You guys get all upset when I offer my opinion. In this case what I reported is fact. I have always been amazed that Chevrolet shipped Corvettes the way they do. Do ZR1's travel the same way? It is what it is. The photo doesn't lie.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:46 PM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You paid approximately $50k for a Mazdaspeed miata with a more fancy interior, bit more hp, and a hardtop. If that is the caliber of your reasoning skills, it may be best to keep your opinions to yourself, especially on matters you are uninformed about such as the risk of openly transporting cars. You know what they say about opening your mouth and removing doubt...

But while we're on the topic, is there any car actually better then yours currently(or ever) produced?
Old 05-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Parker Corvette
Pro

MrMcGirk---Please tell me in one of your run on diatribes about open transport of automobiles and why Chevrolet ships Corvettes the way they do. And since you know something about this subject, are ZR1's shipped using open transport. I am here to learn so please feel free to tell me all about it.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:03 PM
WaxWeekly
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

If I planned to park my car in the garage and talk about how great it is, it better come in a covered carrier.

I bought it to drive it. I hope to hit at least 100k in ever car I buy.

Get notified of new replies

To Could it be???? Look what was spotted at Les Stanford Today!

Old 05-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Parker Corvette
Pro

MrMcGirk You are just like a couple of other commenters on here. When faced with the facts your response makes no sense at all. Read your last response to my post which was factual. The only answer is "it goes fast in a straight line and is world class". Right.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:05 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

MrMcGirk---Please tell me in one of your run on diatribes about open transport of automobiles and why Chevrolet ships Corvettes the way they do. And since you know something about this subject, are ZR1's shipped using open transport. I am here to learn so please feel free to tell me all about it.
Guess you didn't know that cars are supposed to be driven in the open are and were designed for precisely that. I certainly hope your BMW was worth the embarrassment of buying a Z4 and bragging about it on a Corvette forum.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Parker Corvette
Pro

SCM Crash. Strange comment and photo. Very strange. It was worth every penny to upgrade to a BMW product and rid myself of a creaking top, uncomfortable seat, poor NAV system, and overall poor quality interior. Yes Sir--Worth every penny.

Quick Reply: Could it be???? Look what was spotted at Les Stanford Today!