C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will "sugar scoop" roof line return in C7?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 05:56 PM
ThrottleUp
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Nitrous Oxide
It's cool that you enjoyed these features. But GM was just trying to solve engineering problems. The removable rear window was to compensate the deficient ventilation system. And the T-top was to eliminate structural problems they had been facing with their open top attempts. This added more rigidity.
Well Nitrous, I just had an Aha! moment thanks to your information. I never thought that would be it, but you make a lot of sense, thanks...

Just goes to show how the "law of unintended consequences" can lead to strange destinations... sort how the path dependency developed on the famous Qwerty keyboard.......

Even Porsche enthusiasts rue the old Targa...... evidence the Ruf Roadster, and I'm guessing that the 1968 vintage Porsche Targa may have had a simliar rationale.

See http://www.ruf-automobile.de/en/Roadster.25d90.php

Up to customizers to create one now if there's enough money for it I guess.....

..... or I could always get one of these to properly get my fill of open-air motoring:

Old 06-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThrottleUp
Well Nitrous, I just had an Aha! moment thanks to your information. I never thought that would be it, but you make a lot of sense, thanks...

Just goes to show how the "law of unintended consequences" can lead to strange destinations... sort how the path dependency developed on the famous Qwerty keyboard.......

Even Porsche enthusiasts rue the old Targa...... evidence the Ruf Roadster, and I'm guessing that the 1968 vintage Porsche Targa may have had a simliar rationale.

See http://www.ruf-automobile.de/en/Roadster.25d90.php

Up to customizers to create one now if there's enough money for it I guess.....

..... or I could always get one of these to properly get my fill of open-air motoring:

Yeah... I don't see myself wearing a helmet... in a car!

Unless it's an F1!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:29 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,444 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller
I think it mostly went away for two reasons - Aerodynamics and interior capacity.

Chorme Bumper Sharks looked cool but had about the same luggage capacity as a large wallet.

That.

Aero challenged and pain in the butt for interior capacity/accessibility.

Looks cool. But I doubt we see it on C7.

Quick Reply: Will "sugar scoop" roof line return in C7?