Sponsored by:

The new Corvette Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 12:39 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthernSon
You have never done autocross or roadracing? It is amazing how many essentials one can carry in a vette to the track, including a set of track tires.
I used to autocross but am on the 'drag racing' side of things now and I've seen guys cram a pair of mounted drag radials, a pair of front skinnies, a jack, a chair, tools and small cooler in their C5s/C6s without removing the passenger seat from the car.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,375 Likes on 2,066 Posts

If only it would look and perform like the new F12 for a Corvette price. 730 horsepower and quickest production car on Ferrari's test track, EVER. Given its seperior and massive horspower, it must be AWD, a front engine rear drive car would be absolutely uncontrollable with those specs....... Strangely Ferrari's highest performance road car ever, is not AWD, it is RWD. Those Ferrari guys must be absolute idiots, what were they thinking? Given the 300k price tag they expect 20% of them to be daily drivers.

Yeah, I would be OK if the Corvette looked similar.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Crusin
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree with your assessment of the Ferrari. Here's hoping the rear design is nothing like the depictions I have seen of the C7.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:22 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer X
If only it would look and perform like the new F12 for a Corvette price. 730 horsepower and quickest production car on Ferrari's test track, EVER. Given its seperior and massive horspower, it must be AWD, a front engine rear drive car would be absolutely uncontrollable with those specs....... Strangely Ferrari's highest performance road car ever, is not AWD, it is RWD. Those Ferrari guys must be absolute idiots, what were they thinking? Given the 300k price tag they expect 20% of them to be daily drivers.

But I wish anyone much luck in trying to purchase a new F12Berlinetta for only $300k LOL.
I wouldn't be surprised to see them going for over $450k for the first year+.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Jp23rockstar
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah screw Ferrari! They don't know what their doing incorporating RWD instead of AWD.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:36 PM
CMCvette
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So who would complain about a car 'looking like a Ferrari?' I don't get it.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:49 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CMCvette
So who would complain about a car 'looking like a Ferrari?' I don't get it.
The same people who complain endlessly about other Corvette issues. They seem dead set on being miserable and want others to join them in their miserable little world.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:07 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Several here don't see the comparison. Not saying I dislike ferarri even though I think the combination of angles and circles is disjointed, I just don't see the likeness. If the vette lines were to resemble a Ferarri I would prefer a more pleasing to the eye Ferarri body. The Ferarri lovers seem offended if one does not agree with them that the vette looks similar to Ferarri. What's up with that?
Old 07-31-2012, 08:11 AM
Slynky
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 224 Likes on 112 Posts

Several here don't see the comparison. Not saying I dislike ferarri even though I think the combination of angles and circles is disjointed, I just don't see the likeness. If the vette lines were to resemble a Ferarri I would prefer a more pleasing to the eye Ferarri body. The Ferarri lovers seem offended if one does not agree with them that the vette looks similar to Ferarri. What's up with that?
Perhaps something to do with wanting something one adores/worships to be copied and emulated, psychologically speaking.

Kind of like the girl in high school who feels pleased when her new hairstyle is copied by the "wannabees".
Old 07-31-2012, 09:13 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by Slynky
Perhaps something to do with wanting something one adores/worships to be copied and emulated, psychologically speaking.

Kind of like the girl in high school who feels pleased when her new hairstyle is copied by the "wannabees".
Perhaps the Ferarri lovers need to be their own person and forget about craving approval from the rest of the world.

But, I guess if one spends Ferarri money then the lack of admiration from others could really bite, huh?
Old 07-31-2012, 09:25 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Apparently the overview on the C7 from Chevy dealers , GM guys, etc is the car is radically different and looks more like a Ferrari. What does this mean ? The new car will appeal more to younger people and europhiles. What does one do to the C6 to make it look like a euro sports car / Ferrari ? I thought it already fit that description and like SouthernSon , I don't care at all for some of the very busy designs that are coming out of Ferrari.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:05 AM
ArizonaZ06
Drifting

Received 584 Likes on 316 Posts

Really want to see that rear end Camaro cleaned up.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:19 AM
sportcruiser
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Notch
Obviously people will differ on this, but I personally don't want TOO much utility in a sports car. "Taking my dog with me" (or "how much stuff can I cram in the back") doesn't cross my mind when considering the purchase of a sports car.
Fair enough, but many of us make our sports car part of our daily life, so a little utility is real benefit. If a Corvette were to become a second vehicle only, sales would likely stay low as they are now, indefinitely.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:24 AM
C3DeedlyDee
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

The F12 is RWD
Old 08-17-2012, 12:35 PM
ZeekDuff
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sportcruiser
Fair enough, but many of us make our sports car part of our daily life, so a little utility is real benefit. If a Corvette were to become a second vehicle only, sales would likely stay low as they are now, indefinitely.

I agree, I like being able to throw lots of stuff in my trunk, like an emergency grocery shopping. I can get $200 worth of food stuff and 6 12 packs of cola in there with room to spare. When the wife is out with the van, the Vette's trunk does a yeoman's job for me. I wouldn't have something like the old Fiero that would barely hold a briefcase...

Best regards,
...z
Old 08-17-2012, 12:51 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by ZeekDuff
... I can get $200 worth of food stuff and 6 12 packs of cola in there with room to spare. ..
Best regards,
...z
Well, minus the cola, I can fit $200 worth of groceries in a glove box.

Seriously, I agree the utility is nice. I recently picked up pet food and litter.

It works as my DD quite well.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:52 PM
ZeekDuff
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhall99
Well, minus the cola, I can fit $200 worth of groceries in a glove box.

Seriously, I agree the utility is nice. I recently picked up pet food and litter.

It works as my DD quite well.
With room for a side of beef for the doggies...

Best regards,
...z

Get notified of new replies

To The new Corvette Ferrari

Old 08-17-2012, 07:01 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

With room for a side of beef for the doggies...

Best regards,
...z
Yep. And a case of brew for Jack!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:50 PM
72SLEEPER
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think there moving in the right direction making it easier for ferrari. I mean they might own the Corvette rights in a few years when gm bellys up anyways. Thanks for looking out for the Europeans general. Lol its going to look nothing like it once they take the sheet off just calm down. It's obvious after they built the car they weren't thinking man does that look like a ferrari had sex with a lambo... Well I hope they didn't can't wait to see the finished product!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:56 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,375 Likes on 2,066 Posts

I agree, I like being able to throw lots of stuff in my trunk, like an emergency grocery shopping. I can get $200 worth of food stuff and 6 12 packs of cola in there with room to spare. When the wife is out with the van, the Vette's trunk does a yeoman's job for me. I wouldn't have something like the old Fiero that would barely hold a briefcase...

Best regards,
...z
Having owned a 1985 Fiero GT, that is not an accurate description. It had no problem holding a full 26" Pullman suitcase in the rear trunk.

Quick Reply: The new Corvette Ferrari