C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Props to Automobile Magazine....They have basically outed the C7......conclusive pics

Old 09-19-2012, 04:14 PM
JWell
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Props to Automobile Magazine....They have basically outed the C7......conclusive pics

And many more here, http://rumors.automobilemag.com/spie...le-170675.html
Old 09-19-2012, 04:22 PM
onedaydreamcar
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may need to put on your flame suit....
Old 09-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

You must not get around much.... a forum member actually took all of those pictures. He's posted up the marginal ones and sold the good ones to all the car rags.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:33 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default No doubt about it...

#23 has hood and rear fender vents, I think for downforce.

#31 has a carbon fiber rooftop.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Nice catch... the hood vent is to vent air flowing through the radiator. The naca ducts at the top of the quarter panels are probably to feed air to trans/diff coolers.

More and more all the little things in the Jalopnik renderings are showing up.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:38 PM
JWell
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
You must not get around much.... a forum member actually took all of those pictures. He's posted up the marginal ones and sold the good ones to all the car rags.
I saw some of the other pics in the other threads. I had not seen these before but if they have already been posted then I apologize.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:40 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Received 214 Likes on 138 Posts

I believe those gaps at the rear fender you are calling vents are just places where the camoflage couldn't be fitted real well, and that's why they have large exit scoops on the rear to let the air out. I watched those vents flap at speed as I followed a car. I don't think there is anything mysterious behind the pillar at all.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:45 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

Originally Posted by BlueOx
#31 has a carbon fiber rooftop.

You think carbon fiber? Or is one just the painted roof done in a matte and the others might be the clear top with an interior insert?

Any clue CSix? You're the man who's seen these guys.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:47 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CSixDude
I believe those gaps at the rear fender you are calling vents are just places where the camoflage couldn't be fitted real well, and that's why they have large exit scoops on the rear to let the air out. I watched those vents flap at speed as I followed a car. I don't think there is anything mysterious behind the pillar at all.
Well, there were other shots a day or two ago that showed the fender and hood vents in the same position as the Jalopnik/C&D images.

...you can see the rear fender vent very easily here...
Old 09-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by JWell
I saw some of the other pics in the other threads. I had not seen these before but if they have already been posted then I apologize.
No... they are new. Just giving you crap for giving the props to Automobile Magazine

I like that we can finally see the hood vent in the one
Old 09-19-2012, 04:50 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Even the camo shots are different from one car to another. Look at the rear shot of #33 (top photo post #1)and you will see that the top of the rear fender noticeably curves downward from the highest point which is directly over the rear axle to the rear of the bumper.

Then look as the side view of #31 (bottom photo of post #1)and the top of the rear fender continues sloping upward from the axle to the rear of the bumper.

From these latest shots which gives a good viewing of the rear of the hood and the wipers, it dosn't appear that the hood has a power buldge, and if it does, it's very little, unlike the C6.

How can anyone say the Jalopnik renderings are correct when no two camo'd C7 are the same due to obvious difference in padding under the Camo. between cars.

Last edited by JoesC5; 09-19-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

It appears the rear fascia will incorporate a real diffuser for once. I wonder if they'll be covering the rear cradle and exhaust too? I doubt it as it'd make working on the car that much tougher for the average owner etc.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:58 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interior pillar trim indicates air bags, they look quite hideous. Surprisingly enough, GM did not bother to slim down the exterior pillar posts a bit, same old fugly stuff like on C6. The exterior trim looks painted or CF maybe? The front looks a lot like Aston Martin, along with the stance of the vehicle.

Kinda disappointing the rear tires are 285 instead of something wider for better hook up.

Overall, seems like a rehash of C6 but with better stance and more agressive profile. Seems GM is catering to older folks with this car which is really too bad.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by petermj
Interior pillar trim indicates air bags, they look quite hideous. Surprisingly enough, GM did not bother to slim down the exterior pillar posts a bit, same old fugly stuff like on C6. The exterior trim looks painted or CF maybe? The front looks a lot like Aston Martin, along with the stance of the vehicle.

Kinda disappointing the rear tires are 285 instead of something wider for better hook up.

Overall, seems like a rehash of C6 but with better stance and more agressive profile. Seems GM is catering to older folks with this car which is really too bad.
You don't need massive tires to do the job if the compound is right. I run my race car on 245s due to class rules and it hooks up just fine. Bigger tires = more rolling resistance and rotational weight. Best to have the right size for the job.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:06 PM
HHZ06
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just found out that these mules were actually done in Los Angeles at this shop...
http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/wcc-...an-re-wrapped/

Of course I'm just kidding.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by HHZ06
I just found out that these mules were actually done in Los Angeles at this shop...
http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/wcc-...an-re-wrapped/

Of course I'm just kidding.
Clearly you've just found the new C7 mule with the cargo/storage option
Old 09-19-2012, 05:09 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't need massive tires to do the job if the compound is right. I run my race car on 245s due to class rules and it hooks up just fine. Bigger tires = more rolling resistance and rotational weight. Best to have the right size for the job.
Well, I think you do... My C6 fishtailed like **** with stock size, no more fishtailing with 325. If C7 has no issues with 285, then this is not a good sign at all.

Get notified of new replies

To Props to Automobile Magazine....They have basically outed the C7......conclusive pics

Old 09-19-2012, 05:10 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

I agree with the huge A pillers. Appears to have air bags in them.
Steering wheel looks like a video game steering wheel from some 10-15 years ago.

If those are the seats that will be final, then GM had better increase the production of the 2013 seats, as there is going to be a huge demand to retro fit them into the C7. Looks as if the ones that want the C7 to look "futuristic" just got their wish.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Well, I think you do... My C6 fishtailed like **** with stock size, no more fishtailing with 325. If C7 has no issues with 285, then this is not a good sign at all.
Your C6 had runflats. Try a Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tire and you'll find a very different result. Furthermore, aerodynamics can enhance traction to where a smaller tire can be used. The C7 clearly has more aerodynamic aids than a C6: integrated front splitter, vented hood, rear diffuser etc.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:15 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

And GM can't stick a sticky tire on the car that increases rolling resistance, that lowers gas mileage and wears out in 3,000 miles.

The Cup tires on the ZR1 grip much better then the PS2 tires of the same size, but the owner pays a hefty price in tread wear.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Props to Automobile Magazine....They have basically outed the C7......conclusive pics