Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Will Buy First Production C7?!?

Old 09-26-2012, 09:51 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by WHT
Gosh Jimmy, you need to get off the computer and take a nap.

Good. You should also appreciate Corvettes in the past have had electrical gremlins that took GM years to completly resolve.

I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler that was purchased before the new Pentastar was released (wanted the proven, simple puhrod engine). In discussions like this, more than a few on the Wrangler forum said I was stupid because the new Jeep would be perfect. After all, the "new" engine had been out several years in other applications.

Some of those people are now complaining bitterly about their 2012 Wranglers while they are waiting for Chrysler to replace heads and cams. Want to guess the future used value of early Pentastar Wrangles?
Great advice, I think I will go take a nap. And, since you didn't provide any further info about the C7 "electrical problems" but instead started talking about Jeep Wrangler engines (?), I take it you don't actually have any information about C7 "electrical problems" that you brought up and are just "assuming" (you know what happens then) that there are problems. Gotta love the internet.

Jimmy
Old 09-26-2012, 09:57 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Based on what Keeks said, I'll probably be waiting for the 2015 model.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:09 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,012 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by WHT
Good. You should also appreciate Corvettes in the past have had electrical gremlins that took GM years to completly resolve.

I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler that was purchased before the new Pentastar was released (wanted the proven, simple pushrod engine). In discussions like this, more than a few on the Wrangler forum said I was stupid because the new Jeep would be perfect. After all, the "new" engine had been out several years in other applications.

Some of those people are now complaining bitterly about their 2012 Wranglers while they are waiting for Chrysler to replace heads and cams. This won't increase the future used value of early Pentastar Wrangles.
Uh....sorry.....totally irrelevant. Corvette and Jeep are not even closely related.

Next thing you probably will bring up is the 8-6-4 motors from 30 years ago. Or the GM first try at passenger car diesel.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:17 PM
VRYALT3R3D
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

Considering I am buying a C6 Z06 in the next few weeks.....not me
Old 09-26-2012, 04:28 PM
timmmmay
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HendrickCorvette
We all know Jay Leno bought the first production ZR1, and Rick Hendrick Bought the first production Z06 Carbon Edition (as well as Camaro ZL1).

Will it be a big time name or celebrity who buys the first C7?

If so, any guesses?
Dunno - I would, but guys with bigger wallets will probably wander to the front of the line.

Got an inside line, or a sales brochure on one? I'll buy one today if you send me the brochure for it
Old 09-26-2012, 04:43 PM
chaase
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by redvette77
My guess is that it will go to the highest bidder at a Barret-Jackson auction for an obscene price to benefit charity. They do wonderful things at those auctions.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:01 PM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Who bought the first C6Z? Or the first C6 for that matter?

Will the first car be sold at auction like the ZR1?

In other news, who cares what some guy who likes attention and has tons of money to throw around does? I'd rather have a 3rd or 4th year production. Look at how long we had to wait for the ZR1. Hell of a motor shoved into a car that had 4 years to get all the things that needed sorting sorted out.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:17 PM
WHT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RussM05
Uh....sorry.....totally irrelevant. Corvette and Jeep are not even closely related.

Next thing you probably will bring up is the 8-6-4 motors from 30 years ago. Or the GM first try at passenger car diesel.
I won't bother to discuss the use of analogies and other concepts that might be too advanced for some people on the forum.

How about early problems with C6 and C5? Are they also not relevant to this discussion? How many people recommend a 2005 or 2006 C6 to a friend over an equally nice 2008 C6?

And, I actually want you and Jimmy to buy new C7s as soon as possible. Please pave the way for those of us who will buy more reliable and technically more advanced C7s two or three years later.

"Analogy (from Greek ἀναλογία, analogia, "proportion" is a cognitive process of transferring information or meaning from a particular subject (the analogue or source) to another particular subject (the target), Analogy plays a significant role in problem solving, decision making, perception, memory, creativity, emotion, explanation and communication. It has been argued that analogy is "the core of cognition"."
Old 09-26-2012, 10:54 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Originally Posted by WHT
I won't bother to discuss the use of analogies and other concepts that might be too advanced for some people on the forum.

How about early problems with C6 and C5? Are they also not relevant to this discussion? How many people recommend a 2005 or 2006 C6 to a friend over an equally nice 2008 C6?

And, I actually want you and Jimmy to buy new C7s as soon as possible. Please pave the way for those of us who will buy more reliable and technically more advanced C7s two or three years later.

"Analogy (from Greek ἀναλογία, analogia, "proportion" is a cognitive process of transferring information or meaning from a particular subject (the analogue or source) to another particular subject (the target), Analogy plays a significant role in problem solving, decision making, perception, memory, creativity, emotion, explanation and communication. It has been argued that analogy is "the core of cognition"."

Wow, can you possibly be more condescending? You really think that your thoughts are SO deep and relevent that we needed you to provide a definition of "analogy", in bold blue, no less.

And, I will ENJOY my early C7, just as I enjoyed my early C5 and my early C6. I hope YOU enjoy watching other folks enjoy their C7's (for 2 or 3 years) while you wait around for some sign from the heavens (or an internet forum) that tells you it's OK to buy the car.

Jimmy

PS. I am dying to know how YOU know that the 2016 C7 is going to be more "technically advanced" than a 2014. Will it have improvements? No doubt. I would hope the car has detail improvements every year. These detail improvements are a far cry from major technological advances.
Also, did you own a 2005 C6 or are you just basing all your information on stuff people write on the internet? Here's mine (with my 2008 the day I picked it up):

Last edited by jimmyb; 09-27-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:44 PM
Carver Electrics
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Wow, can you possibly be more condescending? You really think that your thoughts are SO deep and relevent that we needed you to provide a definition of "analogy", in bold blue, no less.

And, I will ENJOY my early C7, just as I enjoyed my early C5 and my early C6. I hope YOU enjoy watching other folks enjoy their C7's (for 2 or 3 years) while you wait around for some sign from the heavens (or an internet forum) that tells you it's OK to buy the car.

Jimmy

PS. I am dying to know how YOU know that the 2016 C7 is going to be more "technically advanced" than a 2014. Will it have improvements? No doubt. I would hope the car has detail improvements every year. These detail improvements are a far cry from major technological advances.
Also, did you own a 2005 C6 or are you just basing all you information on stuff people write on the internet? Here's mine (with my 2008 the day I picked it up):
[IMG]http/Picture019.jpg[/IMG]
If history repeats itself he may enjoy looking at your 1st year C7 in the shop often.

I hope not. But some people want to wait as I do. I do not trust GM that much yet. They have come along way with quality but their track record speaks volumes.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:12 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,140 Likes on 540 Posts

Jimmy

Also, did you own a 2005 C6 or are you just basing all you information on stuff people write on the internet? Here's mine (with my 2008 the day I picked it up):

Love that orange vert! One of the best colors Chevy offered.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:00 AM
I Heart Clams
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HendrickCorvette
We all know Jay Leno bought the first production ZR1, and Rick Hendrick Bought the first production Z06 Carbon Edition (as well as Camaro ZL1).

Will it be a big time name or celebrity who buys the first C7?

If so, any guesses?
Jay Leno knows what a great car is, and the C7 is not it. It doesn't matter if its the fastest car in the world, it looks like crap. I think Jay knows that, Jay has taste. The C7 is a black mark on the history of Corvette.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:26 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Originally Posted by Carver Electrics
If history repeats itself he may enjoy looking at your 1st year C7 in the shop often.

I hope not. But some people want to wait as I do. I do not trust GM that much yet. They have come along way with quality but their track record speaks volumes.
Same question to you: Did you own a 2005 C6?
I did, in the case of my 2005, I had 3 bouts with DBS in 20 months. The first 2, I just pulled the battery and took it to the dealer to be re-charged, the last time, the computer re-flash was done. This was the only issue the car had, in 39 months of ownership, I lost about 8 total hours dealing with this well known problem. I'll take that any day. So, while I understand your GM new car paranoia, in my case, I could not have been happier with the car (my 2005).

Jimmy

Last edited by jimmyb; 09-27-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:09 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
Love that orange vert! One of the best colors Chevy offered.

Thanks, I loved the color too. My wife, however, HATED IT!
I will never forget when we went to pick up the car (I ordered it and never told her what color)...we pulled into the dealer, and she said: "Please lord tell me that is not your orange corvette!"

Jimmy
Old 09-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Carver Electrics
Drifting

Same question to you: Did you own a 2005 C6?
I did, in the case of my 2005, I had 3 bouts with DBS in 20 months. The first 2, I just pulled the battery and took it to the dealer to be re-charged, the last time, the computer re-flash was done. This was the only issue the car had, in 39 months of ownership, I lost about 8 total hours dealing with this well known problem. I'll take that any day. So, while I understand your GM new car paranoia, in my case, I could not have been happier with the car (my 2005).

Jimmy
No 2005 here. Thank the good Lord for that. I'm glad you had a great experience with the 05. I hope other have the same with the 14. Like I said GM has come a long way. I just don't trust them yet to buy a 1st year model.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:07 PM
mazurekd
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 150 Posts

All this talk of not buying the first year of a new generation. Wonder how many of the 1963 coupe buyers regret their decision?
Old 09-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Carver Electrics
Drifting

Originally Posted by mazurekd
All this talk of not buying the first year of a new generation. Wonder how many of the 1963 coupe buyers regret their decision?
Different era completely. Back then Detroit was the only game in town. Things were a lot simpler back then just as the car was.

63 was one awesome Vette.

Get notified of new replies

To Who Will Buy First Production C7?!?

Old 09-27-2012, 03:14 PM
sprtplt
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 58 Posts

I am in if the latest renderings are basically it.
Absolutely the earliest possible allocation.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:46 PM
tolnep
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

well its gonna be a hybrid with a 4 banger and an electric motor and 1 ton of batteries so i hear obama is gonna buy it as a gift to himself for winning the election.....
Old 09-27-2012, 04:02 PM
mazurekd
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Carver Electrics
Different era completely. Back then Detroit was the only game in town. Things were a lot simpler back then just as the car was.

63 was one awesome Vette.

Yes, different era, but I don't get your point. 50 year's ago, first year of a new generation, cars were better than now? And being that the current cars from Detroit (Bowling Green) are no longer the only game in town, doesn't this new competion make them better at building new cars, rather than when GM had basically no competion? If you are getting at that the new cars of today are more complcated, and there's more to go wrong... maybe. I do know that my recent car purchases have been more reliable those those of years ago. Even with all the advancements.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who Will Buy First Production C7?!?