Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Will Buy First Production C7?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 11:00 AM
HendrickCorvette
Premium Supporting Dealership

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Who Will Buy First Production C7?!?

We all know Jay Leno bought the first production ZR1, and Rick Hendrick Bought the first production Z06 Carbon Edition (as well as Camaro ZL1).

Will it be a big time name or celebrity who buys the first C7?

If so, any guesses?

chris.lindamood@HendrickAuto.com
The largest in stock inventory in the Nation!
New Stingray Inventory

Located just outside of Atlanta, GA. Come get the best deal! Rick Hendrick will be the number one dealer in the country! Largest selection, best quality of new and used Corvettes anywhere! We strive to be #1 in Sales, Service and Customer Satisfaction!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Carver Electrics
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One thing is sure it won't be me. I would never buy a 1st year Corvette model.

It probably will be Leno. The C7 is going to get tremendous amounts of press, unlike any car we have seen. And we all know Jay is not camera shy.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:43 AM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

My guess is that it will go to the highest bidder at a Barret-Jackson auction for an obscene price to benefit charity. They do wonderful things at those auctions.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:54 AM
WHT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carver Electrics
The new Corvette is supposedly having more than a few electrical problems that need to be sorted out.

2015 to 2016 sounds about right.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Carver Electrics
Drifting

Originally Posted by WHT
The new Corvette is supposedly having more than a few electrical problems that need to be sorted out.

Not to mention Corvette history. And you really don't have to go back any further then the 05 C6.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:55 PM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

Who knows? Who cares? Like every other generational change there will be "problems" with the Car. I'll be in a C7. But, not before a few MYs pass. The feeding frenzy will subside, systems will be tweaked and performance upgrades will be available.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:56 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,012 Likes on 365 Posts

I placed a deposit on a C7 last month. I'm not too concerned about the first year issues at all. I actually like getting cutting edge new technology and resolving any issues that surfaces. The C7 is really more of a re-skinned C6 with a much improved interior and updated engine. The power train should be pretty much de-bugged by the time it comes out. None of the stuff they are changing is that earth shattering. Direct injection and variable valve timing? Most cars on the road today have that.

I have a very early serial number 2005 and there have been no real issues other than the roof recall.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Why not? It's not as if the 97s or the 05s were major lemons. Sure they had a few minor issues, but nothing that would make ownership of the car a disaster. If I had the money I would definitely be first in line to pick up a C7. Why deny yourself the pleasure of owning one just on the off chance that it might need to return to the dealer a couple of times? It's not as if buying a car 2-3 years into production is going to guarantee perfection.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:17 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

When I turned 60 yrs old, my attitude changed from "wait a year or two" to "buy it now".

Last edited by RussM05; 09-25-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Carver Electrics
Drifting

Originally Posted by Patman
Why not? It's not as if the 97s or the 05s were major lemons. Sure they had a few minor issues, but nothing that would make ownership of the car a disaster. If I had the money I would definitely be first in line to pick up a C7. Why deny yourself the pleasure of owning one just on the off chance that it might need to return to the dealer a couple of times? It's not as if buying a car 2-3 years into production is going to guarantee perfection.
2005 was a mere 7 years ago. They were some issues along with some upgrades in 2006. I would love a 1st year C7. But I just don't trust GM that much yet.

One other note. Greedy dealers will sell the C7 at inflated prices. I have no problem with a business making money. But I do have a problem being taken advantage of.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:19 PM
VITIS
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18,'19-'20

Originally Posted by RussM05
I placed a deposit on a C7 last month. I'm not too concerned about the first year issues at all. I actually like getting cutting edge new technology and resolving any issues that surfaces. The C7 is really more of a re-skinned C6 with a much improved interior and updated engine. The power train should be pretty much de-bugged by the time it comes out. None of the stuff they are changing is that earth shattering. Direct injection and variable valve timing? Most cars on the road today have that.

I have a very early serial number 2005 and there have been no real issues other than the roof recall.
My first C6 was something like #144 purchased in Sept '04. Never had a problem. I'd rather be driving and enjoying than looking and wanting.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:33 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Greedy dealers will sell the C7 at inflated prices. I have no problem with a business making money. But I do have a problem being taken advantage of.
I agree. I spoke to several dealers that are sponsors of the forum and have been assured the price won't jacked up. But I will see.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Carver Electrics
Drifting

Originally Posted by RussM05
I agree. I spoke to several dealers that are sponsors of the forum and have been assured the price won't jacked up. But I will see.

Yes we will see. I can see a ton of locked threads in the future depending on how much forum dealers mark up the C7.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:11 PM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

Rick Hendrick.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:21 PM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,141 Likes on 540 Posts

There will always be a few idiots that have more money than brains who will pay over sticker, but with today's poor economy and the slow sales of Corvettes in recent years, I doubt the dealer gouging will last very long. I don't think we'll see any major discounts until the end of the first model year, but after the first few months of production, purchasing a C7 should be no more painful than purchasing a C6.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Dan Dlabay
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a 05 Z51 vette I bought new in 04. Other than the roof recall no problems. If I like the C7 I plan on buying one. If dealers charge a mark up I will wait.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:35 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by WHT

OK, I'll bite.
Please post ANY info (link, etc...) where it says that the new Corvette is having "more than a few electrical problems". The car doesn't go into production for at least 8 months!!!! Seriously, if you're so dialed into info about the C7 that you know it's teething problems, how about telling us engine size, horspower, etc.

If you are assuming (based on past history) that there will be problems, OK. If you're just making up stuff, well, do us all a favor and stop. Or, are you just talking yourself into NOT paying the first year dealer's price?

Jimmy

Last edited by jimmyb; 09-25-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Who Will Buy First Production C7?!?

Old 09-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Carver Electrics
Drifting

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
There will always be a few idiots that have more money than brains who will pay over sticker, but with today's poor economy and the slow sales of Corvettes in recent years, I doubt the dealer gouging will last very long. I don't think we'll see any major discounts until the end of the first model year, but after the first few months of production, purchasing a C7 should be no more painful than purchasing a C6.
Good post
Old 09-25-2012, 07:43 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
Why do you care what a few "idiots" do with THEIR money? You want to wait to get a "Deal", that's your choice. The "idiots" will be enjoying their C7's in the meantime.

Jimmy
Old 09-25-2012, 07:49 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jimmyb
OK, I'll bite.
Please post ANY info (link, etc...) where it says that the new Corvette is having "more than a few electrical problems". The car doesn't go into production for at least 8 months!!!! Seriously, if you're so dialed into info about the C7 that you know it's teething problems, how about telling us engine size, horspower, etc.

If you are assuming (based on past history) that there will be problems, OK. If you're just making up stuff, well, do us all a favor and stop. Or, are you just talking yourself into NOT paying the first year dealer's price?

Jimmy
I've worked in the electronics industry for 30+ years so during the development process, these issues will be sorted out. Every engineering department I have work with has a well documented process for testing systems and documenting the revisions to software and hardware. This does not concern me one bit.

Quick Reply: Who Will Buy First Production C7?!?