Sponsored by:

we aren't looking at a c7 zr1...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 10:46 PM
zx10cobra
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitrous Oxide
It's not an actual car. Only a premonition of the camo cars that appeared MONTHS LATER.
no way! really? that is exactly my point. everything circulating here is speculation... and based off of hopes and dreams. we have not seen a 'real car' yet.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:47 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by c4gone
yes ls1 but not according.to.zcobra.they were all.base models.and the flares and grill and hood were all fake.if the z model is gonna be released in 2015 then it will be tested and designed and built in 2015. Don't you know that!!!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:49 PM
zx10cobra
Instructor

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
isn't that hilarious? he got his information from the same place everybody on here gets their c7 facts from!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:50 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by zx10rcobra
what pictures? the only pictures out there to be seen of the car are cars covered with padding that is several inches thick. you're talking about a free-hand sketch and some CAD drawings that anybody with a little bit of know-how could produce. what proof is there that we're looking at a production model of a c7, let alone a c7 ZR1?
Consider putting the bottle down and getting some rest. You need it.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:53 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

isn't that hilarious? he got his information from the same place everybody on here gets their c7 facts from!!!
And where exactly are you getting yours from? You opened this thread making claims in the very first line that are no more factual than anything anyone else here is saying.
Hypocrisy much?
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black LOL.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:59 PM
zx10cobra
Instructor

Originally Posted by redvette77
Consider putting the bottle down and getting some rest. You need it.
definitely.

And where exactly are you getting yours from? You opened this thread making claims in the very first line that are no more factual than anything anyone else here is saying.
Hypocrisy much?
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black LOL.
i'm getting mine from common sense, the thing most others here seem to be in lack of. it's everywhere else that people are making claims. EVERYWHERE. anything from 'the tail lights are going to be round', 'the tail lights are going to be square', 'its going to make this much power because the wheels on a test mule are this wide', 'its going to have 6 different body styles'. LOL. that is making claims. the only claim i've made is REALITY, the fact that no matter what crap is circulating through these forums, we have no idea as to what to expect for the C7.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:02 PM
c4gone
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 114 Posts

What Im saying.cobra is u said first that it isn't a z model but a base model only.then i said that the padding must be fake then and the hood.flares and grill were fake.and u said yes.so according to what u started..is that they only have base models.the flares and obvious to everyone here, a better model. Is just fake.and that they can't be testing a non base model now.that is what have said.i agree with u that we don't know everything.but ur way off the charts claiming that the flares.hood.grill are all staged.way over the edge
Old 09-28-2012, 11:04 PM
c4gone
Drifting

Andim sure others here will agree with me that the camouflage we saw was two different cars
Old 09-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no way! really? that is exactly my point. everything circulating here is speculation... and based off of hopes and dreams. we have not seen a 'real car' yet.
Anyone who's had a half lecture on statistics knows that it's impossible to predict as Jalopnik did the exact shape of:

The roof.
The A pillar.
The windshield's shape.
The sideview mirrors.
And last but not least: the friggin 100% accurate wheels.

without accurate inside information. Feel free to play with words and dismiss this informed speculation as merely speculation. You're not convincing anyone here, that's for sure.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:14 PM
zx10cobra
Instructor

What Im saying.cobra is u said first that it isn't a z model but a base model only.then i said that the padding must be fake then and the hood.flares and grill were fake.and u said yes.so according to what u started..is that they only have base models.the flares and obvious to everyone here, a better model. Is just fake.and that they can't be testing a non base model now.that is what have said.i agree with u that we don't know everything.but ur way off the charts claiming that the flares.hood.grill are all staged.way over the edge
just to clarify... you're right about that. my appologies. i did say that we're not looking at a ZR1/Z06, but i didn't say it was a base model. that much was just your presumption. I simply stated that i find it hard to believe that we've seen an actual, or 'close to' actual Z06/ZR1 when we haven't even seen the paneling on a base c7.I didn't at any point say that the padding, hood, flares, or grille were fake. LOL I never once even mentioned anything more than the padding. Why would i say the hood was fake when you can very clearly see the extractor vents in the spy shot from the rear of the c7 mule with the hood up. nor did i mention anything about what models that they have rolling around, jesus you wouldn't be able to tell if you were looking at a c7 or a ferrari under there. I never said what they can and can't be testing, who cares, and who's to say?... haha. my god, try not to poop yourself, i didn't say anything on the mule was staged. i simply stated the obvious... that there is so much **** covering that car, it is physically impossible to distinguish any body lines on any part of that car that isn't completely bare.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:19 PM
zx10cobra
Instructor

Anyone who's had a half lecture on statistics knows that it's impossible to predict as Jalopnik did the exact shape of:

The roof.
The A pillar.
The windshield's shape.
The sideview mirrors.

without accurate inside information. Feel free to play with words and dismiss this informed speculation as merely speculation. You're not convincing anyone here, that's for sure.
well, if you think about it... for all we know, GM could have shown them the car from the roof up, and told them to have fun with their imagination on the rest of the car. NO, i'm not saying that is what happened... but you can't rule out the possibility. I completely agree that everything we have seen vividly on the actual car (which wasn't much) is in fact spot on to that initial drawing... but in the end, it's anybody's guess.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:23 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

The roof.
The A pillar.
The windshield's shape.
The sideview mirrors.

I agree with you Nitrous, we are more or less done except for the details..

A good comparison could be a house: The foundation is laid, walls are up and the roof is on.

So far I love everything I am hearing and seeing. We are all very lucky to get this car.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:46 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by John T
We are all very lucky to get this car.
100%

That's the single most important element of all of this...just 2 or 3 short years it appeared that there was a very strong possibility that we would not even see a next generation Corvette. Regardless of what the car looks like (but it is lookin' good so far), I'm glad that it worked out this way.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:50 AM
mrgillies
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, if you think about it... for all we know, GM could have shown them the car from the roof up, and told them to have fun with their imagination on the rest of the car. NO, i'm not saying that is what happened... but you can't rule out the possibility. I completely agree that everything we have seen vividly on the actual car (which wasn't much) is in fact spot on to that initial drawing... but in the end, it's anybody's guess.
From ALL of your comments, I'd put a LARGE side bet that you are a GM insider out there to stir the pot

Nuf Said
Old 09-29-2012, 12:57 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by mrgillies
From ALL of your comments, I'd put a LARGE side bet that you are a GM insider out there to stir the pot
Hmm, ya mean he might've actually been planted here to counter or refute all of the info/pics that have been shown thus far?
Sort of like an alter-ego 'good versus evil' thing, an anti-keeks if you will? LOL
Old 09-29-2012, 07:54 AM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 595 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

Thread and Cobra starting to go this way
Old 09-29-2012, 08:10 AM
SlickShoes
_Sloth Whisperer_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i'm getting mine from common sense, the thing most others here seem to be in lack of.
Dude.

It isn't everybody else. It's you. You are not in possession of a common sense greater than that of the entire collective of this thread's other posters. This is one of those times in life where there is a least common denominator. It can be tough for that denominator to self identify and that's understandable.

The fist step is admission.

Get notified of new replies

To we aren't looking at a c7 zr1...

Old 09-29-2012, 09:12 AM
c4gone
Drifting

All i know is i don't want to argue about something we still don't know about.argue about speculations.what he said about the frame of a house and roof was dead on.thats all we got to go on.sry for arguing cobra.just was tired n cranky
Old 09-29-2012, 01:41 PM
zx10cobra
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrgillies

Nuf Said
LOL. I should be getting paid for being realistic i suppose.

Hmm, ya mean he might've actually been planted here to counter or refute all of the info/pics that have been shown thus far?
Sort of like an alter-ego 'good versus evil' thing, an anti-keeks if you will? LOL
LOL. that's all.

Originally Posted by burtonbl103
Thread and Cobra starting to go this way
that's disturbing. i'm sorry that you feel the need to roam the internet looking for a picture like that to express your feelings on a corvette forum.

Originally Posted by SlickShoes
Dude.

It isn't everybody else. It's you. You are not in possession of a common sense greater than that of the entire collective of this thread's other posters. This is one of those times in life where there is a least common denominator. It can be tough for that denominator to self identify and that's understandable.

The fist step is admission.

when we're looking at a vehicle that is still heavily masked... it is only common sense to not make assumptions based off of a few renders that were made by people that weren't even allowed to take photos of the car... or most likely only see the car from a great distance away.

All i know is i don't want to argue about something we still don't know about.argue about speculations.what he said about the frame of a house and roof was dead on.thats all we got to go on.sry for arguing cobra.just was tired n cranky
thanks you so much!!! there you have it! something we don't know about! ding ding ding... no hard feelings bud!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:00 PM
c4gone
Drifting

No hard feelings bro

Quick Reply: we aren't looking at a c7 zr1...