C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guess we all Forgot about this Jalopnik Render???

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 09:48 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
origins?

De Ja View?

Yeah I can see that, but I'd rather refer to this 'influence':

Old 09-29-2012, 09:52 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-Rated
Cad files can have 3D perspective if it is selected. Normal working files
in an a UG orthographic lay out will not. The front 3/4 image from Japnik clearly shows the perspective is diverging and not converging to a single point perspective The reason Japnik didn't expose the GM Cad files because they would have been accused of stealing future product info. As you remember GM did not state or support their claim. And yes of course, GM always leaves future products on the roadside with no watch or camo....for 7 hrs. !!! Unbelievable !!!
Yes, of course, GM always leaves CAD files laying around with no watch.

The point is that in any event, they had to have SOMEONE on the inside helping them no matter how they did it. They certainly made out that they did it one way and it could be to protect someone else. Neither you nor I know for sure how they did it.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:03 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
I said it back when it first appeared and I'll say it again now, I do like that white car.
If the rest of the car is going to be all (460+hp, improved fuel economy, updated/'world class style' interior etc.) that it's being rumored to be, I could grow to love the next generation Corvette if it looks like that.
LS1LT1 , I agree about this white car, so much so I told my children I choose white for my C7 color.

I would like to add that firstvettesoon has played with proportions on these C7 renditions and this car looks a little stretched in the wheelbase. The real thing may not be this sleeeeek.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:34 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by John T
LS1LT1 , I agree about this white car, so much so I told my children I choose white for my C7 color.

I would like to add that firstvettesoon has played with proportions on these C7 renditions and this car looks a little stretched in the wheelbase. The real thing may not be this sleeeeek.
Just to be accurate, I only adjusted the images I posted to match the spy pics which I did be overlaying the images so "hopefully" it will be close.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:41 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
Just to be accurate, I only adjusted the images I posted to match the spy pics which I did be overlaying the images so "hopefully" it will be close.
Fvs, I should have clarified that your fingerprints were not on the white car. I sometimes write things that only make sense to me. Anyway, this white car just seemed stretched a little..
Old 09-29-2012, 10:54 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

I know the feeling...

Quick Reply: Guess we all Forgot about this Jalopnik Render???