C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Facts and Plausible Speculation Web Page

Old 09-30-2012, 08:46 PM
CPhelps
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 173 Posts

^^Yeah his site isn't exactly a competing site since it is his personal site and not a forum, IMO.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:57 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Received 214 Likes on 138 Posts

Just curious, do you have permission from the copyright holders to post those photos and drawings? Several of them happen to belong to me. I'm not going to raise a big stink over it, but it would be nice if you at least asked.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:52 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by zx10rcobra
lol of course he agrees with the jalopnik pics... what do you think he based the CAD drawing off of?
Keeks did not produce those CAD images.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:53 PM
davidwp97
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by CSixDude
Just curious, do you have permission from the copyright holders to post those photos and drawings? Several of them happen to belong to me. I'm not going to raise a big stink over it, but it would be nice if you at least asked.
PM sent.

David
Old 09-30-2012, 09:57 PM
nvusgt
Drifting

Received 238 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
BTW, let's be crystal clear about something...we are asked as members to report 'advertising messages'. I consider this a competing web site advertising on CF.
Well it might be a good thing you're not a Mod then. I see no adverts on his site, nor anything to suggest he's trying to sell stuff, buy stuff or steal a member base. How many people here have personal sites others use for mods, or scheduled maintenance and the like? Are they reported as "a competing web site advertising on CF?" No, they are used and the people thank the owner for creating such a helpful resource for the community.

To be quite honest, I think you're being a little ridiculous.

As for possible copyright infringement...are you serious? It's on the internet. Are you going to surf the internet in it's entirety and tell people to stop posting because they don't have your permission? How many times have those photos even been used here at CF? Were the photos taken down by mods? If not, then what's the big deal? He's not advertising a product using these photos, nor is he claiming that they are his. The photos you are referring to have upwards of 2 other watermarks where he may have got them, so does that mean he should track you down over the others for permission?

I know you said you're not trying to make a stink over it, but really it's a little ridiculous.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Carver Electrics
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nvusgt
Well it might be a good thing you're not a Mod then. I see no adverts on his site, nor anything to suggest he's trying to sell stuff, buy stuff or steal a member base. How many people here have personal sites others use for mods, or scheduled maintenance and the like? Are they reported as "a competing web site advertising on CF?" No, they are used and the people thank the owner for creating such a helpful resource for the community.

As for possible copyright infringement...are you serious? It's on the internet. Are you going to surf the internet in it's entirety and tell people to stop posting because they don't have your permission? How many times have those photos even been used here at CF? Were the photos taken down by mods? If not, then what's the big deal? He's not advertising a product using these photos, nor is he claiming that they are his. The photos you are referring to have upwards of 2 other watermarks where he may have got them, so does that mean he should track you down over the others for permission?

I know you said you're not trying to make a stink over it, but really it's a little ridiculous.
Correct and well stated on both accounts.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:06 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

To be fair; once your pictures hit the internet, they became free game. Any 'ole Joe can "right click" and "save image as" and you'll never be the wiser.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:06 PM
davidwp97
Drifting

It has been an interesting day. I have tried to spend it doing something constructive for you folks to enjoy. I really appreciate all the encouragement and some very specific help in finding information for the site (we are up to 4 pages now). It is still rough and I have a lot more photos to add but I feel it is a good start, I hope you agree.

Please keep those cards and letters coming and, as a team, we can make it even better.

Regards,
David
Old 10-01-2012, 08:44 PM
davidwp97
Drifting

Well, Version 1.0 of the C7 Site is in the can. Since I started late, I am sure a lot is missing. I'll keep looking and will appreciate any suggestions, additions or corrections that you folks have.

It has been pointed out that there are no C7 'facts' yet and from a product standpoint, that is absolutely true. Everything is speculation and isn't that what keeps us so interested?

David
Old 10-03-2012, 01:18 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,320 Likes on 2,769 Posts

Originally Posted by Carver Electrics
Correct and well stated on both accounts.
Originally Posted by redvette77
To be fair; once your pictures hit the internet, they became free game. Any 'ole Joe can "right click" and "save image as" and you'll never be the wiser.
Are you guys really under the impression that items on the Internet become "free game?" That the person holding the copyright to his artistic product is "ridiculous?"

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 10-03-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:19 AM
nvusgt
Drifting

Received 238 Likes on 104 Posts

Liked the Honey Boo Boo comment, but I see you're trying to be civil now.

I understand someone having the copyright to his/her product. What I don't understand is if upwards to three online blogs or magazines have their watermarks on the same photos, who then owns them? Once someone sells the photos to these publications does the original "artist" still own the copyright, or is it now up to the publication to do with how they please?

What I meant by that comment, is if you can see several websites or magazine names splashed across the photo, asking permission is...ridiculous. Perhaps the only one in OP's own blog may be the very last pic where there is only one water mark belonging to CSixDude. But it's been a few days since I've last looked so the OP may have actually removed it.

Last edited by nvusgt; 10-03-2012 at 02:27 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:29 AM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 652 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869
Are you guys really under the impression that items on the Internet become "free game?" That the person holding the copyright to his artistic product is "ridiculous?"
This guy's C7 site is an example of Fair Use if there ever was one.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:53 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lots of ignorance by people about the topic of copyright and it is one of the most often violated laws in the land.

What is totally ironic and laughable is the fact that this 'personal' web site that uses all kinds of other peoples copyrighted material has, wait for it, a COPYRIGHT notice of it's own! Hilarious!
© 2012 - Thirteen Point Seven Billion
Old 10-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Carver Electrics
Drifting

So if a picture shows up all over FB for example, who does the so called person holding the "copyright to his artistic product" go after?.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:18 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

this stuff happens all the time on honda tech. in fact guys have links in their sig's pointing to these types of pages frequently

and for those of you who don't know both this form and HT are owned by internet brands. same rules, same people. things are just more uptight over here in regards to rules. why? got me

as for the copyright debate? if these pics were posted on the forum...no one says anything? host them on a wordpress site and it's suddenly wrong?
Old 10-03-2012, 02:29 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

I never said he was ridiculous. It is perfectly acceptable to want credit for your material. But this is the internet. Once a picture hits the internet, copyrights are virtually useless. Like I said, any person can now save his pictures and use them however they please. Yes, they will more than likely be infringing his copyright. But who wants the job of tracking down every wayward picture? It just doesn't make sense.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Carver Electrics
Drifting

Originally Posted by redvette77
I never said he was ridiculous. It is perfectly acceptable to want credit for your material. But this is the internet. Once a picture hits the internet, copyrights are virtually useless. Like I said, any person can now save his pictures and use them however they please. Yes, they will more than likely be infringing his copyright. But who wants the job of tracking down every wayward picture? It just doesn't make sense.
Lots of ignorance by people about the topic of copyright.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Facts and Plausible Speculation Web Page

Old 10-03-2012, 09:06 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

My favorite car guy and a highly respected auto journalist, Peter Delorenzo (Autoline Detroit and Autoextremist) saw the C7 and said -- " slightly smaller, slightly lighter,more efficient engines, and a zoomier design than the C6 ".
Old 10-03-2012, 09:12 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,831 Likes on 659 Posts

What the hell is a "zoomier" design?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:33 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by BMadden
What the hell is a "zoomier" design?
I have not had a chance to look up "zoomier" in my urban dictionary .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 Facts and Plausible Speculation Web Page