C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cadillac CUE in C7 ???

Old 09-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Check out this steering wheel in the 2014 cadillac CTS...look familiar? And what is with the tap across the center airbag section? What are they hiding?

Last edited by Paulchristian; 09-30-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:26 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by BlueOx
As far as I am concerned he is welcome to do whatever he wants. I made my point and reported it. If the mods aren't interested, it's fine with me.
Lets see, you've been on this forum for a little over 6 months. And you report a long time forum member for his posting a link to his personal web site that in no way shape or form competes with the size and money of this forum ? I will not say what I'd like to because it would be against my faith.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Greg MFn Z
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
St Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
Funny you mention this. The Cadillac XLR is a beautiful car. I am shocked I hardly see them around. Still probably one of the best looking and best "bang for your buck" sport/luxury car. Everytime I see one I second guess my decision to buy a vette. They are absolutely beautiful, especially the V models.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:37 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
I will not say what I'd like to because it would be against my faith.
Again, he can do whatever he wants.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:49 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinx
IIRC, CUE in ATS isn't as full-featured as CUE in XTS. I believe the ATS has physical gauges and a small info display in front of the driver.
Like the XTS, the ATS has an LCD gauge cluster that is included with CUE. The 2.5 model I checked out at the dealer today has LCD gauges. I wasn't aware they were even offering CUE on the 2.5 model.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:10 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

If you want to see the CUE, there's an iPad App in the Apple Store that lets you play with the features and see how the displays configure.

It's a huge download, but kinda fun to play with.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cadil...508883621?mt=8
Old 09-30-2012, 10:20 PM
CaryKen
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Check out this steering wheel in the 2014 cadillac CTS...look familiar?

I call bull.

No, really... When I look at that centerpiece I see a bull's head! Is that too much like finding shapes in clouds? Perhaps Lamborghini should use this steering wheel design.

(Never explain a joke, but for those who don't follow Lambo naming conventions, their supercars are named after famous bulls who fought valiantly in the ring.)
Old 09-30-2012, 10:26 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Funny you mention this. The Cadillac XLR is a beautiful car. I am shocked I hardly see them around.
Was a beautiful car. you haven't seen them because they have not been made since 2009. Yes they were pretty cool.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by red2012
Was a beautiful car. you haven't seen them because they have not been made since 2009. Yes they were pretty cool.
I was aware they stopped producing them...

My point was, they made these cars for 7 years...and they were beautiful yet we don't see many of them.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:41 PM
jdhommert
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by davidwp97
Check HERE for a continually updated summary of keeks and others.

David
Somebody with the time and talent should try to come up with some sort of photoshop or drawing of all the clues put together....

Would probably take to much efford though
Old 09-30-2012, 11:51 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

The Cadillac XLR is a beautiful car. I am shocked I hardly see them around. Still probably one of the best looking and best "bang for your buck" sport/luxury car. Everytime I see one I second guess my decision to buy a vette. They are absolutely beautiful, especially the V models.
100%
Old 10-01-2012, 02:59 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by texvette2
Lets say it is similar to the Cadillac interior. Why get a Corvette.
Get a Cadillac, its just as sporty looking now and comes with
vette motors.

Seem gm might be just making a Cadillac Corvette than a Chevy
Corvette. What is so bad about the seat that are in the car
now. I think the C5 had was a nicer interior.

If Grandpa can't take the seat now, wait till he sits in performance
seats
I beg to differ. There's a very extensive difference between a Vette and a Caddy. Even the XLR was 70% of what the C6 was going to be, and they're still lightyears away from being the same car. The frame and some suspension was shared. The driveline was nearly the same too. But have you looked at and driven both? TOTALLY different cars.

Funny you mention this. The Cadillac XLR is a beautiful car. I am shocked I hardly see them around. Still probably one of the best looking and best "bang for your buck" sport/luxury car. Everytime I see one I second guess my decision to buy a vette. They are absolutely beautiful, especially the V models.
I liked them too, but they were priced ridiculously too high which priced them out of the market. Today they're worth as much as a C5. And they weren't optioned with a manual too. So that was what sold me on another C5Z.

Check out this steering wheel in the 2014 cadillac CTS...look familiar? And what is with the tap across the center airbag section? What are they hiding?

You can't see this symbol under that tape? I can...

Old 10-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash

You can't see this symbol under that tape? I can...

Got it, I just don't see why they cover it. Everyone knows they are testing a Cadillac....not like it's a secret?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:45 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

All I know is this...the C6 is a better car than a C1,2,3,4,5 because of technology.

If you don't want changes to the Corvette, stick with an old one or with what you have. Me, I'll take modern medicine any day instead of mud.

There are lots of Corvette owners that have older Vette's because that's your preference. Just don't try and hold back improvements to the new Vette because you don't like change or you don't want to embrace the future because you're stuck in the past.

Not all generations will be as successful or iconic but you have to keep moving forward because the competition is so great. I recall getting in a Vette as a teen and thinking the interior, seats, exterior design were the coolest and nicest I'd seen compared to other cars, including the Cadillac. I felt that the 68 427 convertible Vette it had it all.

It's still treasured, but so is the new Z06.

I'd like to keep it that way.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by redvette77
Like the XTS, the ATS has an LCD gauge cluster that is included with CUE. The 2.5 model I checked out at the dealer today has LCD gauges. I wasn't aware they were even offering CUE on the 2.5 model.
That's weird. All the photos I've seen show physical gauges, and Cadillac's website doesn't talk about it on the ATS (but does on the XTS). Motor Trend even called the ATS instrument cluster "boring and uninspired;" seems odd they wouldn't have seen the optional cluster at the press event.

Interesting when Cadillac was first talking about CUE, the demos included the instrument cluster, but now on the website CUE is clearly just the infotainment in the center stack (and steering wheel buttons).
Old 10-01-2012, 11:21 AM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

My source inside the GM Tech Center has previously told me (and I have previously posted on the Forum about this) that "the C7 will not get the CUE, because the Corvette is on a different design cycle than other GM products". I'm not sure exactly what that means - something less, something more advanced, or just something different.........?
Old 10-01-2012, 11:23 AM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
NCM Member '09

That's weird. All the photos I've seen show physical gauges, and Cadillac's website doesn't talk about it on the ATS (but does on the XTS). Motor Trend even called the ATS instrument cluster "boring and uninspired;" seems odd they wouldn't have seen the optional cluster at the press event.

Interesting when Cadillac was first talking about CUE, the demos included the instrument cluster, but now on the website CUE is clearly just the infotainment in the center stack (and steering wheel buttons).
Boring and uninspired? It's a Speedo and a Tach for crying out loud. Numbers with needles that point to them and tell you how fast you or the motor are going. That now requires inspired design?

This is why cars cost $50,000. I blame Motor Trend.

Get notified of new replies

To Cadillac CUE in C7 ???

Old 10-01-2012, 11:27 AM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
NCM Member '09

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
My source inside the GM Tech Center has previously told me (and I have previously posted on the Forum about this) that "the C7 will not get the CUE, because the Corvette is on a different design cycle than other GM products". I'm not sure exactly what that means - something less, something more advanced, or just something different.........?
I remember seeing that. The vette is on a different design cycle - one of the issues with getting the C6 to have bluetooth or iPod integration stemmed from that.

One thing we have to deal with on Corvette is when the new model shows up - because its a low volume vehicle - what we get on it, we get for a good number of model years.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
I read it as "C7's electronics were done pre-bankruptcy and we're not redoing it." Old GM's last gasp, leaving C7's interior hamstrung for another generation.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:11 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

I read it as "C7's electronics were done pre-bankruptcy and we're not redoing it." Old GM's last gasp, leaving C7's interior hamstrung for another generation.
At this point, we're just gonna havta wait and see. He's really clammed up lately - guess he doesn't wanna get "Keeked" out of his job...!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cadillac CUE in C7 ???