c7 shown at GM meeting

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 04:56 PM
theVcar
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default c7 shown at GM meeting

all dealer owners were out at the show and my patient who owns one in NJ was there, states he thinks it looks like a euro style. farrarri. Why he only thinks....they were flikering the lights on and off, had a turn style stage and in the dark they started it, the crowd went crazy. the lights went on and for only 5 sec it was there. the security to get in was tighter then airport. pockets emptied wanded, and body scanned.

one guy had a cup with a fake bottom with a cell phone in it, got caught and thrown out.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:59 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

The general sales manager for the dealership that sponsors our club was there and also said that the way the used the lights it was real hard to really get a good view. When he told me he was going out there I was surprised that they were going to show them the C7. Now I understand how they did it.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:56 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by theVcar
all dealer owners were out at the show and my patient who owns one in NJ was there, states he thinks it looks like a euro style. farrarri. Why he only thinks....they were flikering the lights on and off, had a turn style stage and in the dark they started it, the crowd went crazy. the lights went on and for only 5 sec it was there. the security to get in was tighter then airport. pockets emptied wanded, and body scanned.

one guy had a cup with a fake bottom with a cell phone in it, got caught and thrown out.
Did he think it looks like the Jalopnik illustrations or not?
Seriously...why the hell is GM going to this much trouble to show a car that way? Why not just show a picture of it on a big screen? I guess they just want to create expectations without showing anything.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

I'm sure the prospect of seeing the next Corvette enticed better attendance to hear the pitch for the rest of the lineup, and made dealers feel special... even if they didn't see much. The super-tight security adds to the buzz. Just a little over two months to go....
Old 10-05-2012, 06:20 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by theVcar

Is this the Las Vegas show we've been talking about on this forum or is it a different show?
Old 10-05-2012, 06:46 PM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Location: Stafford VA, home of our wolf den. No house break ins to date.

I kinda think it's silly of GM to be doing this.. if the car is ready for production...let folks see it... so friggin what?
Old 10-05-2012, 06:49 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Yep, not like they can do anything to fix it now.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:53 PM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GM: "Oh hey ther you dealers are hereby invited to Vegas where we will unveil the c7 in its entirety... jk the front and rear will be covered... jk there will be strobelights to distort your vision... jk it'll be on a spinning podium... but yes the front and rear will be covered the whole time so it's kinda pointless to spin it, we know.

Hope to see you all there. XOXO"

I imagine that's how the invites went...
Old 10-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Bedouin
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I commend GM for hiding the C7 so the dealers can move as many C6's as possible before January.

If I was a dealer, especially with lots of C6's on my lot, I'd be livid if GM started showing off the C7 any sooner.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:52 PM
sprtplt
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by ADVBedouin
I commend GM for hiding the C7 so the dealers can move as many C6's as possible before January.

If I was a dealer, especially with lots of C6's on my lot, I'd be livid if GM started showing off the C7 any sooner.
Hogwash. Who cares one iota about dealers and C6's? Every late in the day C6 sale is probably one less C7 sale anyway.

The C6 is way past the expiration date. Show the stupid C7 and start taking production spots- they might actually SELL MORE and get the C7 off like... oh I don't know... the 2010 Camaro!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:58 PM
09 GMX245
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-05-2012, 08:13 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

To me it matters not. When the car comes out, I'll go look at it. If I like it I'll buy it. If not ................. meh
Old 10-05-2012, 08:26 PM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

BS Corvette people know the car is coming. If they are going to
wait they are going to wait. They would be smarter to show the
car. Ones that don't like the c7 will buy a C6. Otherwise they
will just be holding the C6 longer because of the waiters
Old 10-05-2012, 08:56 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by texvette2
I agree big time with Tex. There will always be a few that don't want the new car and I am sure one could save 10,000 grand on a C6.

As for who saw the C7 in it's entirety at the show, I will bet big ( Atlantic City style ) Frank Kerbeck saw the whole car, inside and out. All of the volume Corvette guys have seen every nut and bolt of the C7. This is fact. The BS politics are always going to be there.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:00 PM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any proof of your "fact?"

I've never seen a word tossed around so much about one subject. Seriously, when people talk about mopar I'm pretty sure "HEMI" comes up less.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:02 PM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfdogs
I kinda think it's silly of GM to be doing this.. if the car is ready for production...let folks see it... so friggin what?

GM/Dealers have a ton of MY '12 and '13s to sell. Unveilng the new generation will make that much harder.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:03 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by texvette2
Well, they know the C7 is coming but they really don't know what the C7 is yet. So they don't know whether they should wait or not. The C6 is a known quantity that we may not see the likes of again. The C7 is just a bucket of possibilities at the moment...

Get notified of new replies

To c7 shown at GM meeting

Old 10-05-2012, 09:15 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by McGirk94LT1
Any proof of your "fact?"

I've never seen a word tossed around so much about one subject. Seriously, when people talk about mopar I'm pretty sure "HEMI" comes up less.
I am in Maryland. My dealer is a volume dealer and he was one of the lucky ones.

The problem that I am having with descriptions of the car is that everyone see an object differently. I sold cars for many years and everyone had a different crazy opinion of the same damn car.

My dealer says the back of the car he saw looks like a Lexus LFA. That is his opinion!!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:32 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

Originally Posted by sprtplt
Hogwash. Who cares one iota about dealers and C6's? Every late in the day C6 sale is probably one less C7 sale anyway.

The C6 is way past the expiration date. Show the stupid C7 and start taking production spots- they might actually SELL MORE and get the C7 off like... oh I don't know... the 2010 Camaro!
The dealers are GM's customers. They then sell the car to their customers

Rule 1 of selling stuff - don't **** off your customers.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:33 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by John T
I am in Maryland. My dealer is a volume dealer and he was one of the lucky ones.

The problem that I am having with descriptions of the car is that everyone see an object differently. I sold cars for many years and everyone had a different crazy opinion of the same damn car.

My dealer says the back of the car he saw looks like a Lexus LFA. That is his opinion!!!!
LFA? Now I haven't heard that one before!

Quick Reply: c7 shown at GM meeting