C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What will we hear about the C7 engine tomorrow??

Old 10-24-2012, 04:00 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GM'er
Wait, did I miss something today? Is it a 5.5?

BTW, until SAE validation is complete don't everyone pat yourselves on the back on the 450/450 number. I'm still going with my original guess in the "guess the HP and Torque" thread. Those are the only guesses that count (pre announcement ones).
Nonsense! Back patting all the way around, boys!!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:07 PM
C5 Pewter Coupe
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by McGirk94LT1
450whp is disappointing?!? Yeah ok.

It totally depends on if its a 5.5 or 6.2. Look at the viper rumours, was tons of talk of a 8.7L and look what happened. Bit of a bump in hp but what seems like a much better car overall(still don't like looks of it myself, but as a package it's cool).

Tons on here are eating that car up, will only a 40hp bump. Will everyone really be disappointed with, say, a 475hp, top to bottom revamped vette?
no manufacturer rates their engines at the wheels.. 450 is at the flywheel, and taking drive train losses into account, figure about 385 hp at the wheels..
Old 10-24-2012, 05:16 PM
JSBJohn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by McGirk94LT1
450whp is disappointing?!? Yeah ok.

It totally depends on if its a 5.5 or 6.2. Look at the viper rumours, was tons of talk of a 8.7L and look what happened. Bit of a bump in hp but what seems like a much better car overall(still don't like looks of it myself, but as a package it's cool).

Tons on here are eating that car up, will only a 40hp bump. Will everyone really be disappointed with, say, a 475hp, top to bottom revamped vette?
Sorry, I meant 450ish BHP not whp in my earlier post... 450 whp would be astounding, aka near 500 whp as some people want out of it lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What will we hear about the C7 engine tomorrow??