Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cameras will be allowed at the Reveal!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 12:39 PM
kon_gee
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cameras will be allowed at the Reveal!

FYI to all those going those to the reveal. I got this E-Mail from Roc at the Museum. Armed with a Digital SLR expect to see some Hi Res photos on the Forum shortly thereafter!

Schweeeet!

Several people have asked if they can take pictures during the Sunday Reveal event and the answer is yes, all embargoes are off so make sure you bring your camera!

Roc

NCM Events Manager

National Corvette Museum

350 Corvette Dr

Bowling Green, KY 42101
Old 10-25-2012, 12:47 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well of course...what else will there be to hide at that point?
Old 10-25-2012, 01:01 PM
kon_gee
Racer

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Well of course...what else will there be to hide at that point?
True.....But this allows for real photos to be bouncing around cyberspace a few days before the "public" reveal
Old 10-25-2012, 01:05 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by kon_gee
True.....But this allows for real photos to be bouncing around cyberspace a few days before the "public" reveal
I guess I didn't realize this was before that. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the actual date of that event.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Isn't the museum reveal on the same day as the press reveal? Every auto-oriented blog will be awash in C7 photos.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:13 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jinx
Isn't the museum reveal on the same day as the press reveal? Every auto-oriented blog will be awash in C7 photos.
That is what I assumed.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:36 PM
kon_gee
Racer

Sort of.....NCM says......"Not an early opening of public days, not the Charity Preview day, not the Industry Preview, not even the Press Preview on January 14th… think of a very unique and special insider only reveal on Sunday, January 13th, joining a group of select journalists and industry insiders for the first showing of the C7 to the world."

Because this is really the first reveal (even before the Press Preview) there was the obvious question for the 150 people attending the reveal. Are cameras allowed? Answer......Yes they are!
I have no way to know if there will be a media blitz on the 13th or not but it seems to me that the Press Preview on the next day is where the blitz will come from.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:28 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by kon_gee
Sort of.....NCM says......"Not an early opening of public days, not the Charity Preview day, not the Industry Preview, not even the Press Preview on January 14th… think of a very unique and special insider only reveal on Sunday, January 13th, joining a group of select journalists and industry insiders for the first showing of the C7 to the world." . . . I have no way to know if there will be a media blitz on the 13th or not but it seems to me that the Press Preview on the next day is where the blitz will come from.
You're right, I was off by a day on the NAIAS Press Preview. But since "select journalists" will be at the NCM benefit reveal, I'm sure they'll blast the Interwebs with photos right along with the paying attendees. The rest of us will just be here hitting Refresh a lot
Old 10-26-2012, 08:18 AM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Congrats. You get to be 1 day early and flood the internet with pictures before all those pesky journalists.

Bring high end camera equipment.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:38 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,221 Likes on 411 Posts

This is beginning to sound like an episode from Ghost Hunters.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:51 AM
G-man1
Intermediate

Lol.. well, are u an idiot?? yeah u are... why do u need a camera if that is gonna be a public revealing?
Usually, u're not allowed to use ur camera, when its a secret revealing for a small group of people... Damn, some people are really DUMB!
Old 10-26-2012, 08:58 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Yeah, don't forget to take your infrared lens filters so you can see the special heated steering wheel!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:36 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

I wonder how the " Stingray" will be displayed at the events?

I first saw the Camaro in NYC and it was a couple of feet off the ground . I hope the Corvette is displayed on the ground so we can get a better feel of it's actual size.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

I bet there's one on an elevated turntable and one on the floor where you can get in and peep the interior.

I expect a naked chassis on the floor too. And I hope for one at a crazy angle, maybe vertical, or at least located near a balcony where you can get up high and look down on it.

Corvettes should have no awkward angles.

.Jinx
Old 10-26-2012, 01:32 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

I bet there's one on an elevated turntable and one on the floor where you can get in and peep the interior.

I expect a naked chassis on the floor too. And I hope for one at a crazy angle, maybe vertical, or at least located near a balcony where you can get up high and look down on it.

Corvettes should have no awkward angles.

.Jinx
I think one would be asking for too much when you say " no awkward angles " . I believe only God is able to create such a creature . I once was with one such creature. Only when SHE opened her mouth did things get awkward .
Old 10-26-2012, 01:33 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

I would imagine that right about now there are writers in C7 Corvettes blasting around the Yuma Proving Grounds or Milford. They'd be getting their long lead time article research done and seat of the pants intros, so that when the March issues of the print magazines hit the stands in late January, they can have a C7 on the cover.

The online embargoes will probably tick off at the same time as the NCM event ends.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:05 PM
ontcanuck
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 58 Posts

The wife and I look forward to this event and being able to take pictures is a bonus we did not expect. We still think 2 nights in a nice hotel, meals, both get 2 shirts each, get to see and rub shoulders with some important people in the Vette world that alone pays for half your admission. We spent a lot more then that at Carlsle, Bloomington etc. so we think its a real cool event to go to and we love Vettes having owned 5 already. I hope the C7 will be a big dissapointment or else we will have to sell our Grand Sport

Get notified of new replies

To Cameras will be allowed at the Reveal!

Old 10-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Not sure what the discussion is about. The date the car is going to be revealed is 1-13-13 (the reason the web site is 1-13-13.com) which happens to be the same day as the NCM reveal. There isn't going to be any advanced release due to the NCM event.

Bill
Old 10-26-2012, 05:36 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ontcanuck
The wife and I look forward to this event and being able to take pictures is a bonus we did not expect. We still think 2 nights in a nice hotel, meals, both get 2 shirts each, get to see and rub shoulders with some important people in the Vette world that alone pays for half your admission. We spent a lot more then that at Carlsle, Bloomington etc. so we think its a real cool event to go to and we love Vettes having owned 5 already. I hope the C7 will be a big dissapointment or else we will have to sell our Grand Sport
Have you already written your "For Sale" ad? I hope you have to sell it but get a fair price
Old 10-26-2012, 05:47 PM
plasboy
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by ontcanuck
Not really hoping it's a dissappointment as I'm sure your not really but it might make me think about selling our C5 but not the GS. See you there and I agree with what you said.

Quick Reply: Cameras will be allowed at the Reveal!