If the pics of the C7 are accurate...

Old 12-26-2012, 05:17 PM
TOBASCO
Le Mans Master

Received 138 Likes on 62 Posts
CI 2-4-5-6-7-8-10-11-12 Vet
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '08-'11-'13-'14-'15

It's interesting that the amount of negative sentiment for the upcoming C6 was about the same that is going on right now for the C7 - and I was one of them! But it was the wide body GS (needed a vert) that finally sold me and I had to have one. Each "rendition" that shows up being the latest and greatest "real" C7 are getting to me - and I'm liking it more and more!

My guess is that the vast majority of long term Vette enthusiasts will have a C7 sometime in their garage in the future.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:33 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by trading tiger
Thank God I bought a C6 GS last month. Those C7's are going to be sitting on the lots for a long time and the C6's are going to sell like hotcakes.
c5 guys are still saying this

some folks never move forward

Originally Posted by Frankie2blue
There are a number of folks that just bought a C6 and are in complete denial that the C7 will trash the C6 in almost every way. That car is going to make a C6 look very old, tired and outdated in a hurry. C6 resale will be on par with the C5 resale when the C6 was introduced. Remember when people thought pop ups were cool? I remember when the ZO6 came out for C6 and how I could not wait to dump the C5. The same will happen for the majority when the C7 comes out- I think you can bet on it.

i agree, in fact i don't really see how it could be anything but what you said. it's the cycle of consumerism..

the last sports car i can think of to receive an update with the nissian Z. the 350 dropped like a rock when the 370 was released. hell, nice 50k mile 2007 350z's are all of 12k right now.

if the c6 doesn't adjust down in a similar manner i would be absolutely shocked.

Last edited by racebum; 12-26-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:35 PM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by LawrenceFromTorrance
Quote:
Let's see

1) More HP = Good thing, but not the most important thing. Geez What is important to you -- Status. that's just foolish - *No not status but common sense > Many people do buy because they "like" the car. There will always be some other car with more HP.

2) Better fuel economy = Could care less, how's the Volt selling? I could buy a Ferrari but I'm just not into status or spending big at the gas pump -- only an idiot would be. > *Uhhhh excuse me, but what are you talking about? What does a status have to do with fuel economy. Are you at the bar?

3) Better interior = Says who? Just looks redesigned so far. Dont know about better (wait & see). Everybody says it and if you don't believe it you don't believe anything so why even comment here -- just making noise I guess> *Because everybody says it? Okie dokie... No not noise, a reply to simply point out we'll have to wait & see what it ends up being. Didnt everybody also say the world would end 12-21-12?

4) Better dash = Ok, you got a updated C4 dash. So now you know everything about the dash when you're saying wait and see on the interior -- again just noise.> *Are you serious? Did you not understand it was kidding about the C4? Need a refill?

5) Fresh new style = Are you smokin' crack? No, I don't it doesn't go well with my 180+ IQ and you're an idiot for suggesting it.> *One more drink? Relax dude, geez.

Yah, you're right they won't sell any all all

Im sure a lot of people will drink the coolaide and talk about how great it is because its the newest greatest thing. But at some point the new will wear off and the unliked issues will still be there.

1. The car can have all the HP in the world.
2. The worlds best fuel economy.
3. Redesigned seats.
4. A updated C4 dash.
5. A wacky/copied/hybrid design from multiple cars.

But many people still buy things because they "like" them... Honey Boo Boo's mama mave have a lot of HP in bed, but i dont know how many people would pay $100k to be seen with her.

I hope the car sells good. Thats good for the folks at the BG plant and the dealers. I kinda like the front end. Dont really like the rear end. But thats just my opinion "which means a lot to Lawrence" how true. But there also seems to be a lot of people out there that have issues with the design. I would think it would be at least a small concern to look at the issues a loyal customer base has with the product that they've spent many years buying.
Dont take things so serious... Just relax, its 5:00

Last edited by jr3; 12-26-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by jr3
Im sure a lot of people will drink the coolaide and talk about how great it is because its the newest greatest thing.
Just stop with this metaphor. People who like it are not drinking the Kool-Aid, any more than people who dislike it are not just jealous or merely afraid of change. Seriously, point out who fits in these absurd camps or let it go and deal with the honest differences of opinion.

But at some point the new will wear off and the unliked issues will still be there.
You mean the people who never liked them will still be posting about it.

Yes, there will be some who rush in and have regrets later. There will also be some who warm up to the design later, or who decide it's not important enough to preclude liking the car overall and even owning one.

Honey Boo Boo's mama mave have a lot of HP in bed, but i dont know how many people would pay $100k to be seen with her.
Honey Boo Boo's mama doesn't have her performance stats published in enthusiast magazines. And there are a lot of alternatives in that segment. But we understand that there is a level of ugly that trumps all other factors and that some believe C7 exceeds it.

I would think it would be at least a small concern to look at the issues a loyal customer base has with the product that they've spent many years buying.
Not before the loyal customer base has seen the actual product. You have an idea of what it will look like, but you have not seen the actual product.

If you're in a band, you want to know which of your songs are your fans' favorites and which sell best. You do not want to ask your fans what the chord progression and melody of your next single should be.

Originally Posted by JoesC5
I traded my 98 C5(original MSRP of ~$40,000) in on a 2009 C6 Z06 in July 2008. I got $17,500 trade in(that's ~44% of the 98's new cost). Dealer then sold my C5 on his used car lot for $21,600(~53%).
Mileage and condition have a significant impact on used Corvette prices. I'm sure we can find specific examples to support either side, but any categorical statement about what C7's styling will do to C6's resale value is just drama and we all know it.

.Jinx
Old 12-26-2012, 05:49 PM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

1-13-13
Old 12-26-2012, 06:05 PM
PRicanC6Xpress
Pro

Location: From: Brooklyn Kiddo, Live in Wantagh, Long Island NY....... New York
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not easy....

Originally Posted by jr3
1-13-13
Hard to wait.... Better be a good wait...
Old 12-26-2012, 06:34 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Thank God I bought a C6 GS last month. Those C7's are going to be sitting on the lots for a long time and the C6's are going to sell like hotcakes.
That's exactly what I would suspect that someone wanting to justify or rationalize their purchase and/or trying hard to overcome their buyer's remorse would say LOL.

Not that there is anything wrong at all with buying and thoroughly enjoying a C6 Grand Sport (or any C6 for that matter) right now.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:43 PM
WHT
Drifting

Originally Posted by *C7*
I'll agree with you on the sitting on the lots for a long time, but it is not the C7s that will be sitting.

Hint! Hint!

Sell your C6 GS NOW and avoid the rush..........
I wouldn't be so sure. The C6 will be the last of the real Corvettes for many performance oriented owners who like to modify their cars and/or run them as they were intended. A steel frame can last forever. All aluminum frames will eventually crack.

The C7 will have an aluminum frame and considerable magnesium parts in an attempt to remove weight at the expense of long term durability (see how much aluminum frame repair costs or how fast magnesium structural parts age). It also has an engine that will be difficult to modify due to its more complex design and most likely will have teething problems surface during the first several years. Not to mention that GM has made it almost impossible to modify the power train without voiding your warranty with a new highly integrated electrical/computer system (GM will know how the car is driven and who is naughty and who is nice). Welcome to the 21st Century.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:43 PM
MHFontaine
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 155 Likes on 53 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by TOBASCO

My guess is that the vast majority of long term Vette enthusiasts will have a C7 sometime in their garage in the future.

When the C5 was introduced, I hated it...the butt was too big (I've owned 2 of them). When the C6 was introduced, many hated it...no pop up head lights (I've owned 3 of them). Now the C7 is about to be here...oh, that rear end again! I wonder how many C7s I'll own before the C8 comes out

1/13 can't get here soon enough
Old 12-26-2012, 06:44 PM
keeks2915
Drifting

Received 154 Likes on 42 Posts

Just for arguments sake..... If you modify your car and then something goes wrong with the car, whose responsibility is it?

Are you suggesting GM should honor a warranty on a car that you tinkered with?

You do realize that every time that happens the aggregate price for the new cars build that cost in, meaning your "mods" ultimately increase the cost of the car in the future?
Old 12-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by WHT
I wouldn't be so sure. The C6 will be the last of the real Corvettes for many performance oriented owners who like to modify their cars and/or run them as they were intended.
The 71s were the last of the real Corvettes; emissions regulations ruined everything.

The 82s were the last of the real Corvettes; all those computers ruined everything. And OMG fuel injection. And OMG OBD-II. And OMG direct injection.

The truth is we lose some folks and pick up some folks with every change, and Corvette remains as real as it can be and faster and better-handling and more reliable than ever.

And the truth is that Big Brother doesn't take everything at once; he just asks you to give a little more.

Originally Posted by MHFontaine
When the C5 was introduced, I hated it...the butt was too big (I've owned 2 of them). When the C6 was introduced, many hated it...no pop up head lights (I've owned 3 of them). Now the C7 is about to be here...oh, that rear end again! I wonder how many C7s I'll own before the C8 comes out

1/13 can't get here soon enough
I like the way you think.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:02 PM
mnfmkf
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aluminun frame ?

Magnesium parts ?

More complicated engine electronics / mechanicals ?

Camaro styling ?..

Whats good about this ?

If I could afforld one I would still wait to see how this all pans out.

This is GM we are talking about here.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:15 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

Old 12-26-2012, 07:16 PM
B-Myster
Melting Slicks

Received 171 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by keeks2915
Just for arguments sake..... If you modify your car and then something goes wrong with the car, whose responsibility is it?

Are you suggesting GM should honor a warranty on a car that you tinkered with?

You do realize that every time that happens the aggregate price for the new cars build that cost in, meaning your "mods" ultimately increase the cost of the car in the future?
So hypothetically if I remove the back seats from my new C7 and accidentally tear one of the front seats in the process, will GM fix it for free?
Old 12-26-2012, 07:25 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mnfmkf
Aluminun frame ?

Magnesium parts ?

More complicated engine electronics / mechanicals ?

Camaro styling ?..

Whats good about this ?

If I could afforld one I would still wait to see how this all pans out.

This is GM we are talking about here.
Yep. The same outfit that built your pride and joy
Old 12-26-2012, 07:27 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by B-Myster
So hypothetically if I remove the back seats from my new C7 and accidentally tear one of the front seats in the process, will GM fix it for free?
Did you tear it because of the fixed roof or the exterior spare tire mount?
Old 12-26-2012, 07:42 PM
98am
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I think not, they will sell plenty.

Get notified of new replies

To If the pics of the C7 are accurate...

Old 12-26-2012, 07:44 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I want my click back.

The OP stinks of opinion interjected with a false reality and lack of market understanding.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:09 PM
TC233
CF Senior Fox Bat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 616 Likes on 359 Posts

The new C7 will be like the New Apple Iphone. The fanatics will want one ASAP. Then there will be backorders for the fully loaded version and by the time those people get their cars we will know whether its going to be good or not. I personally would take one in a heartbeat "pun intended". New, loaded, clean, new car smell, and gadgets...gotta have gadgets.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:13 PM
WHT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jinx
The 71s were the last of the real Corvettes; emissions regulations ruined everything.

The 82s were the last of the real Corvettes; all those computers ruined everything. And OMG fuel injection. And OMG OBD-II. And OMG direct injection.

The truth is we lose some folks and pick up some folks with every change, and Corvette remains as real as it can be and faster and better-handling and more reliable than ever.

And the truth is that Big Brother doesn't take everything at once; he just asks you to give a little more.

I like the way you think.

All of the Corvettes before the C7 were durable and could be easily modified by owners (there are some doubts if the C3 was actually a Corvette ). Some have estimated that 90 to 95% of all Corvettes not destroyed in accidents can still be driven. I doubt those numbers will hold for the C7 20 years from now. And this time, big brother is taking it all at once.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: If the pics of the C7 are accurate...