C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK, so I did modify one image from Christmas Eve...

Old 01-03-2013, 05:23 PM
michaelrm1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelrm1

I like the new look and think it will be better in every way including the Camaro lights. The car is going to look awesome in person and I'd be willing to bet that most people will love the new car even after complaining for months about something they've never seen.
That one should be good for half a pound and a shot!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:28 PM
ANTIVNOM
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jschindler
And some folks can't accept that not everybody likes everything they see. BTW, come down to Houston in the middle of the summer and tell me how you like our sunny days when it's 95 degrees and 95 percent humidity.
I live in NC and we get some of those as well. I love 'em!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:37 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by ANTIVNOM
I swear some of you could find fault with a sunny day.
Well, I mean...we are living in a country where the majority re-elected BHO.....what do you expect from the nation these days, intelligent opinions? Honey Boo Boo is the #1 rated cable television show!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:38 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by ANTIVNOM
I live in NC and we get some of those as well. I love 'em!
I'll take anything over this crap in Pa. This is my last winter here...I've had enough...I'm about to be OUT!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:52 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

*****? People are complaining about the *****? This has gone well past the point of pathetic...
Old 01-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Ruz
Race Director

Received 265 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by slief
Is this better?? I still dont see the resemblance. One has mutlifunction big ***** nearly side by side without buttons, the other has smaller single purpose ***** with buttons between them. The buttons on the Camaro are above the CD slot. Those buttons are radio controls for the Camaro. The buttons on the C7 are AC controls. Not to mention that it was the *****, not ***** and buttons that were mentioned as being ripped off from the Camaro. Now that said, there are 2 ***** on the Camaro on either side of the CD slot that look like they are part of the radio control. Those smaller ***** do resemble those of the C7 AC ***** but they are smaller and serve a completely different purpose.
Boy, touchy crowd in here. I never meant to imply that they were identical, but the combo of the larger and smaller ***** along with the shape of the near by buttons sure looks familiar. Not sure what to say if you can't see it at all. I only noticed it because I think the center stack of the Camaro is a pitiful design. JMO of course.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruz
Boy, touchy crowd in here. I never meant to imply that they were identical, but the combo of the larger and smaller ***** along with the shape of the near by buttons sure looks familiar. Not sure what to say if you can't see it at all. I only noticed it because I think the center stack of the Camaro is a pitiful design. JMO of course.
It's not really you directly. There are a small few here of late that have consistently been beating the dead horse of the Camaro tail lights and AC *****. I was trying to respond constructively by showing the two side by side because I just don't see a resemblance.

I do agree that the Center stack on the Camaro doesn't look great. Truth is that I can't stand the dash and console of the new Camaro. My daughter owns one though and as long as she loves it, I am happy for her. I'm especially glad she didn't get a Ford!

Oddly though, I own a 68 Camaro and I see a bit of a resemblance in the Classic Camaro Vs the Current generation Camaro in that the both have very flat and unrefined dash/console combinations. I actually installed an 80 something center console into my 68 which made a world of difference in the interior. I wouldn't expect the same from the C7. I think the dash and console will flow much better in the C7 and will be much more refined. I think that once you are sitting inside the car, just the feel of the interior will wipe away any Camaro thoughts regardless of the size or shape of the *****!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:26 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

Originally Posted by keeks2915
1965 Shelby Gt 350 has the EXACT same gauge cluster and radio as the Ford Falcon.

The 1967 Shelby GT 500 has the exact same sequential tailights as the Ford Thunderbird.

What is my point?

Two of the the most historic, most valuable, most universally respected muscle cars in history borrowed EXACT pieces from lesser models.

So I guess Carrol Shelby was an idiot...

If you hate the new corvette because you hate the design that IMO is an acceptable position and one many wil take.

If you hate it solely on the basis of perceived brand similarity then you have made a tired weak arguement that the herd has made.

Every time someone makes the camaro point I go out in my garage, sit in my 66 Shelby and thank the car Gods for Carrol Shelby.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion ......... If it matches mine. ha !!!
Wait till people see the front chin is a direct quote from the 2014 Impala.

Heads will explode.
Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:49 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by buckythreadkiller
wait till people see the front chin is a direct quote from the 2014 impala.

Heads will explode.
Oh crap!!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:56 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller
Wait till people see the front chin is a direct quote from the 2014 Impala.

Heads will explode.
Looks like yet another intentional family resemblance.........
Old 01-03-2013, 09:13 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
Looks like yet another intentional family resemblance.........
Yup...
Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:17 PM
lake_bueller
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a Camaro
Originally Posted by BlueOx
Old 01-03-2013, 09:17 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by redvette77
*****? People are complaining about the *****? This has gone well past the point of pathetic...
I guess if you want to take our comments out of context you can, but you are wrong. We were not complaining about the ***** per se, we were complaining about the styling of the area that included the ***** and buttons.

I'm about to the point of ignoring the C7 section because way too many people seem to think that anyone who does not like certain aspects of the car are treated as jerks who's opinions should not count.

If some of you want to complain about the complainers you really need to look in the mirror and see how your attitude looks to us. I've never made any comments in my eleven years on this forum where I grouped people as being "past the point of pathetic" for simply stating their opinion.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:24 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by keeks2915
1965 Shelby Gt 350 has the EXACT same gauge cluster and radio as the Ford Falcon.

The 1967 Shelby GT 500 has the exact same sequential tailights as the Ford Thunderbird.

What is my point?

Two of the the most historic, most valuable, most universally respected muscle cars in history borrowed EXACT pieces from lesser models.

So I guess Carrol Shelby was an idiot...

If you hate the new corvette because you hate the design that IMO is an acceptable position and one many wil take.

If you hate it solely on the basis of perceived brand similarity then you have made a tired weak arguement that the herd has made.

Every time someone makes the camaro point I go out in my garage, sit in my 66 Shelby and thank the car Gods for Carrol Shelby.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion ......... If it matches mine. ha !!!
I don't think many folks are complaining that the Corvette is borrowing designs form other cars - notably the Camaro. I think we are complaining that they are borrowing design elements that we don't like in the Camaro either. I'd be okay with them borrowing designs from other cars if they are good designs - and frankly, many things on the car do use design elements that I like.

Just to clarify your point though - Carroll Shelby was not building a new car, he was simply enhancing an existing car. For the most part, the things you mention Shelby had nothing to do with - Ford used those parts from the Falcon, not Shelby. And had their been a forum back then I'm sure plenty of folks would have bitched and moaned about Ford doing so.

The other thing some of ya'll don't get is that many of us (myself for sure) are not saying we don't like the overall look of the car - in fact I've stated many times that I am reserving judgement of the overall car until I see one. But there should be no reason we can't make comments - positive OR negative about what we are seeing.

Last edited by jschindler; 01-03-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:00 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by redvette77
I was thinking the same thing. Only 10 days to go, thank goodness.

Jimmy
Old 01-03-2013, 10:56 PM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,237 Likes on 1,661 Posts

Originally Posted by slief

Why is the forum duplicating every picture I post when I link only one Photobucket image??? I've never had that happen before today!
ugh i noticed that in my posts too.

i wonder what the latest forum "upgrade" is now...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OK, so I did modify one image from Christmas Eve...