C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wasn't The Transformers Sting Ray Concept Supposed To Be A Design Direction For C7?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Jet Streaming
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by falco84
Your confused Stewie you need to look in a mirror.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:46 AM
VinceJB
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jet Streaming
Will see about that come April I just put $ down on an ordering option for a 2013 Viper last night.
Nothing a 10k supercharger kit won't fix :-) still 50k cheaper too lol
Old 01-04-2013, 08:23 AM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
It was universally hated by C6 owners. Now we know how out of step your opinion is.
"More Corvette"...what a dumb comment. If GM puts it out, it is as Corvette as it gets or has ever gotten.
That BS..it was not "universally hated by C6 owners"...good lord since when do you speak/type for C6 owners...Dumb comment is universally hated...
Old 01-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

I've mentioned this in another thread but thought I would mention it here since this is a more approapriate thread to do so.

I question this rear and nose combination:

Seems to me, given the horizonal nature of the tail lights and the vent coming off of them, that the front of the car would have flowed much better with the rear if it had incorporated a horizonal headlight treatment with vents coming off the sides...something similiar to this:

Not to mention, horizontal headlights would have given the nose a more slated and wider look. As is, I am not sure the front and rear make much sense together. Hopefully, in person, it will all mesh well.

Last edited by Paulchristian; 10-16-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:32 AM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by troller399
That BS..it was not "universally hated by C6 owners"...good lord since when do you speak/type for C6 owners...Dumb comment is universally hated...
I agree.It has some sweet spots!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:00 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by troller399
Suggest you go back and look at the comments from that time. OP even admits he didn't like it.
Opinion has softened about it over time but when it came out very few were interested in that being the next Corvette.

Last edited by BlueOx; 01-04-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Raitzi
Racer

C&D said that there will be stingray corvette and that will have smaller turbo V8 and possibly MR layout. Maybe that will not be called corvette but anyways.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:36 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
I've mentioned this in another thread but thought I would mention it here since this is a more approapriate thread to do so.

I question this rear and nose combination:

Seems to me, given the horizonal nature of the tail lights and the vent coming off of them, that the front of the car would have flowed much better with the rear if it had incorporated a horizonal headlight treatment with vents coming off the sides...something similiar to this:

Not to mention, horizontal headlights would have given the nose a more slated and wider look. As is, I am not sure the front and rear make much sense together. Hopefully, in person, it will all mesh well.
They don't seem to jive, yet..
Old 01-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

Man, the outline of the tailight and associated vent look kind of familiar. The 4 huge tailpipes in one line. Hmmm...

That low nose with the big single opening almost vertical headlights.

Rarely does a production car look like a concept but some cues will carry over. The C7 will look like a Corvette just like the past 6 generations have.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Wasn't The Transformers Sting Ray Concept Supposed To Be A Design Direction For C7?