Sponsored by:

1st delivery on Long Island Laguna Blue pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 12:27 AM
C7GrandSport
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Default 1st delivery on Long Island Laguna Blue pics

Finally, after putting a deposit down the day after the C7 reveal in January, and driving my dealer, GM'er and Chevy customer service nuts, I picked up my Laguna Blue with Adrenaline Red Z51 today, 9/30.

In addition to wanting the car itself, this was also the last possible day to use the $1000 Private Offer I snagged. I figured I had a shot once the car was built on 9/18, but it turned out to be a nail biter til the end. Daily calls to the CAC and multiple attempts with the chat line yielded nothing but confusion and misinformation. As late as Friday, the CAC still said my car was in Bowling Green waiting for a truck, with no ETA. Yet GM'er showed me as event code 5000, delivered. The dealer confirmed they were invoiced, but the car was nowhere to be found.

So there was only one thing to do ... camp out in front of the dealership today, starting an hour before they even opened. That would mean missing a good part of the last day of the month as a Mercedes-Benz salesman, not a good thing. But how often do you pick up a new generation Corvette? Work would have to be put on hold. I was like a little kid getting up early Christmas morning, except I didn't know if I'd get my present.

I parked my car across the street from the dealership and spent 4 agonizing hours trying to conduct business on my cell phone best I could, while never taking my eyes off the road. Just about when I was ready to give up hope and call it a day, there it was, a transporter with a load of 6 C7's ... one with Z51 black wheels and red calipers peering out!

It's here !!!

And you see, that's Santa Claus right there (he's wearing red and green)

Waiting to be unwrapped

Which I did myself

Arnold Chevrolet was great. They honored my wishes of just doing a mechanical PDI. I had already told them I'd detail the car myself and gas it up.

Did the paperwork and hit the road with my new pride and joy

My 10 year old daughter was getting out of school soon, and I was just able to make it to park in front of her elementary school before the bell. When she saw the car she almost went into orbit. All the kids were going crazy as I drove her home with the NPP opened up!

Then it was a real quick wash and off to work, where I parked in front of the Mercedes dealership. Needless to say, it attracted more attention than cars costing double or triple as much.

Finally, when I got home tonight I really bonded with my new toy. Yes, I waxed it. Uh enough of this, I've got to go into the garage and stare at it again
Old 10-01-2013, 12:31 AM
EvilC7
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude... congrats!!

The Laguna Blue w/ Red interior is a combo I have yet to see and from what I can tell, its AWESOME. Can you please post more pics of the car with the interior showing, even some with the top off? Love the color scheme you have going on here.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:33 AM
vara411
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilC7
Dude... congrats!!

The Laguna Blue w/ Red interior is a combo I have yet to see and from what I can tell, its AWESOME. Can you please post more pics of the car with the interior showing, even some with the top off? Love the color scheme you have going on here.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:35 AM
PokerMunkee
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

This.is.the.best.new.owner.thread.yet.

Congrats and beautiful car! Your boss doesn't mind the C7 parked next to the showroom? lol
Old 10-01-2013, 12:37 AM
C7GrandSport
Safety Car

Originally Posted by EvilC7
Dude... congrats!!

Thanks! I liked it too, that's why I paid the $590 Color Shakedown Fee!
Many pictures to follow when work schedule and daylight permit.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:40 AM
WackyBob
Pro

Received 341 Likes on 115 Posts

Awesome story and pictures.....congrats buddy. I can't wait to be in your shoes. My baby #2297 was born on Friday. Your post got me even more excited. Gotta love the part about skipping work and camping out for the tranporter. Love the dedication
Old 10-01-2013, 12:40 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverDevil
Thanks! I liked it too, that's why I paid the $590 Color Shakedown Fee!
Many pictures to follow when work schedule and daylight permit.
Are you happy?
Old 10-01-2013, 12:42 AM
C7GrandSport
Safety Car

Originally Posted by PokerMunkee
This.is.the.best.new.owner.thread.yet.

Congrats and beautiful car! Your boss doesn't mind the C7 parked next to the showroom? lol
Fortunately, I sell enough Mercedes that they seem to humor me. I think the guys at Arnold Chevrolet got a kick out of the top gun from a Benz dealership playing hooky on the last day of the month!
Old 10-01-2013, 12:48 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,163 Likes on 5,988 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverDevil
Fortunately, I sell enough Mercedes that they seem to humor me. I think the guys at Arnold Chevrolet got a kick out of the top gun from a Benz dealership playing hooky on the last day of the month!

I love the fact that you stalked the dealership hoping the car would show up. Congrats!
Old 10-01-2013, 12:48 AM
trackpilot
Racer

I'm surprised the black wheels look good on that car! I didn't think i was a fan of em. But they look sweet!
Looking fwd to seeing more interior shots...
Old 10-01-2013, 12:49 AM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Default new c7

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Are you happy?
How was the fit and finish and the interior. Please let us know as peole are really knocking this car for some reason. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:52 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,163 Likes on 5,988 Posts

Originally Posted by robertbrucef
How was the fit and finish and the interior. Please let us know as peole are really knocking this car for some reason. Thanks.
A few vocal whiners on this forum are whining... the vast majority seem to be head over heels for these new cars.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:53 AM
C7GrandSport
Safety Car

Originally Posted by trackpilot
I'm surprised the black wheels look good on that car! I didn't think i was a fan of em. But they look sweet!
Looking fwd to seeing more interior shots...
Thanks. I think it's the red calipers and red interior that make it work.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:58 AM
John510
Drifting

Received 889 Likes on 381 Posts

Wow the blue looks awesome with black wheels
Old 10-01-2013, 01:01 AM
C7GrandSport
Safety Car

Originally Posted by robertbrucef
I got the 2LT. It is a major upgrade over the C6. Is it on par with the Mercedes I sell? No way. But at least it's now in line with the price of the car, which I never felt was the case with the C6, or worse yet, the C5.

Probably the biggest complaint would be the carpet and floor mats, both look and feel cheap. This may be due to weight savings, and it's nothing that bothers me that much. Floor mats kind of curl up at the corners and feel a bit economy car. I guess some Lloyds will be in my future.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:52 AM
TurrizT
Racer

Man so glad this turned out to be a Christmas story and not a peanuts story....

Old 10-01-2013, 02:33 AM
427Z0SX
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 84 Posts

What a great story! Just curious, what's the best selling car at your dealership? What's the car with the largest profit margin?
Thanks,

Get notified of new replies

To 1st delivery on Long Island Laguna Blue pics

Old 10-01-2013, 04:51 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats OP, drive it in good health!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:40 AM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bill,I can sense the excitement as I read your post,what a story I can't believe how even the selling dealers where kept in the dark,just crazy.... some how in the end it all works out!Enjoy brother what a color combo....LOVE IT!

Ron
Old 10-01-2013, 05:44 AM
My ocean
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts

Great looking color congrats. Thanks for the great pictures. Enjoy the new ride!

Quick Reply: 1st delivery on Long Island Laguna Blue pics