C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

body colored hood scoop, vents, rear fascia will sell like hot cakes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 10:01 AM
rexracerx9
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default body colored hood scoop, vents, rear fascia will sell like hot cakes?

Anyone think the black vent trim is a bit too much contrast on lighter colored cars? Especially the black vents on either side of the rear lights. I think body colored vents would be a lot less "Transformer" like. The vents would just blend in and be functional, not call attention to the very controversial rear end.

I have owned a lot of black cars and swore I would never own another due to the super high upkeep. But I would have to seriously consider black if I were to buy a C7 to help hide and tone down the contrast of the dark side vents and hood scoop.

The aftermarket is going to make a fortune on this. If GM were smart they would offer body colored hood scoop, vents, rear diffusers as option.

Last edited by rexracerx9; 01-15-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:05 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rexracerx9
Anyone think the black vent trim is a bit too much contrast on lighter colored cars? Especially the black vents on either side of the rear lights. I think body colored vents would be a lot less "Transformer" like. The vents would just blend in and be functional, not call attention to the very controversial rear end.

I have owned a lot of black cars and swore I would never own another due to the super high upkeep. But I would have to seriously consider black if I were to buy a C7 to help hide and tone down the contrast of the dark vent and hood scoop.

The aftermarket is going to make a fortune on this. If GM were smart they would offer body colored hood scoop, vents, rear diffusers as option.
C'mon guys, the rear diffuser IS painted!! Even the black diffuser...

Last edited by BlueOx; 01-15-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I know a GM person is watching these posts and I bet ether the louvers and vents will come standard body colored or there will be an option. There are many of us that say the same thing. If not GM better order a lot of black paint.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:24 AM
rexracerx9
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
C'mon guys, the rear diffuser IS painted!! Even the black diffuser...

The rear diffuser is not as much of a style issue for me as the rear differential vents next to the rear tail lights.

I feel almost like GM ran out of steam or there was one too many guys in the final design room when they selected the final design for the rear bumper and lights?

From a pure styling view point I love most of the new exterior design. I also really appreciate the functional vents from a functional point of view. The rear differential vents next to the rear lights seems so "disconnected" from the rest of the design of the car? I feel the dark vents call attention to the 4 rear lights. I'd prefer if GM made the rear lights a single shaped bar on each side instead of the 2 trapezoid lights on each side set inside black trim that houses the differential cooling vents.

Style is subjective and not everyone will be on the same page. The market will dictate if the new rear end is a success or not. Right now I think the rear of the C7 looks better in black so the dark trim blends in and is less noticeable so it does not draw unwanted attention to the rear lights. Problem is I tend to like light colored sport cars like white or yellow. Hopefully the rear of the C7 will grow on me. Or maybe the performance will overwhelm me.

Get notified of new replies

To body colored hood scoop, vents, rear fascia will sell like hot cakes?

Quick Reply: body colored hood scoop, vents, rear fascia will sell like hot cakes?