C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM employees...what would have happened?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 07:15 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Default GM employees...what would have happened?

Now that most of the suspense is over I have to ask. What were the consequences to your job if you had spilled the beans? With all my GM contacts, both in Engineering and the dealerships, all I could ever get out of anyone was, "you're going to like it". I need to know what it was like behind the scenes....
Old 01-15-2013, 07:23 PM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

always thought if I had the information would have found some way to get it out and not
be traced to me. Stuff was leaking all along
many did not like the data and discounted it but it was right.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:27 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Seems like the info was leaked well in advance of the actual unveiling. GM just was not about to admit it. I think that is why many were disappointed in the actual car. They kept saying just wait we think you are in for a surprise, or we think when you see it you will really like it. Had they said what has been leaked is in fact the actual car or close to it many would have just said well I will want to see it on the street for my final judgement.

So to sum it up, it looks like the security at GM is not as tight as they would like us to believe.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:31 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

I think there was a mass mailing to every GM employee that said that if anyone asked about the C7, say "you're going to like it", even the janitors that had never seen or heard anything regarding the C7, until they got the mailing.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:40 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Security did a great job as there still was not a real picture of the car leaked...renderings and drawings yes...but no picture
Old 01-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Xanthophyll
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 28 Posts

Any ideas on how jalopnik managed to get such an early view?
Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 PM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

I thought it was brilliant on the part of GM. I don't know when those photo shoot interviews with C&D and Automobile happened, but I'm betting is awhile ago. When they revealed the car, I was amused that it was exactly the car Jalponik put out months ago, and the other renderings from, can't think of the name now, were almost dead on, all this time. But I'm thinking they were handed these things from GM marketing along with legal documents carrying a heavy penalty for early disclosure.

But the instant they rolled that car on stage, the net flooded with images and stories about this car. Just brilliant stuff. Good work GM marketing.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,500 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by JoesC5
I think there was a mass mailing to every GM employee that said that if anyone asked about the C7, say "you're going to like it", even the janitors that had never seen or heard anything regarding the C7, until they got the mailing.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:00 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by BeaZt
Security did a great job as there still was not a real picture of the car leaked...renderings and drawings yes...but no picture

didn't need pics,,the real car has been in-front of us for 1 year now,just add color to the camo cars and its what weve all been seeing
The following users liked this post:
gkvetteuno (07-25-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To GM employees...what would have happened?

Quick Reply: GM employees...what would have happened?