Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw it at auto show today

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 12:34 AM
HarryWild
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I like to see it in person too! Cars appear much different then the photos and videos shot! I am hopeful that C7 is a gorgeous super car as report by those who have seem it in person!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:40 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by rjrsw
how many of the four of you will now be putting down the money to order one and actually buying a c7 this year?

I myself really like the new bentley continental gt speed convertible but cannot actually afford to buy one so not much use to bentley whether i like it or not if i do not buy one.

What auto show were you at today that was open to the public and had a 2014 vette on display?
huh?
Old 01-17-2013, 12:44 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Let me also add that what appears to be a beautiful "light tube " at the bottom of the headlight looks like individual bulbs close up. Yes , I am pissed.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:47 AM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by John T
Let me also add that what appears to be a beautiful "light tube " at the bottom of the headlight looks like individual bulbs close up. Yes , I am pissed.
If the production vehicles look like what you saw, is it something the aftermarket can easily "fix"----- and I am not suggesting that it is "OK" for it not to be right in the first place.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:51 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by rcallen484
If the production vehicles look like what you saw, is it something the aftermarket can easily "fix"----- and I am not suggesting that it is "OK" for it not to be right in the first place.
One guy says the front lights suck and now you are laying blame on GM for putting out something wrong that needs a fix? You know what, I think I will go with the other 19 people who said the headlights looked amazing in person.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:54 AM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
One guy says the front lights suck and now you are laying blame on GM for putting out something wrong that needs a fix? You know what, I think I will go with the other 19 people who said the headlights looked amazing in person.
Racer, are you drinking? Go to bed.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:57 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Racer, are you drinking? Go to bed.
I am tired.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:04 AM
barry1me
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RJRSW
How many of the four of you will now be putting down the money to order one and actually buying a C7 this year?

I myself really like the new Bentley Continental GT Speed Convertible but cannot actually afford to buy one so not much use to Bentley whether I like it or not if I do not buy one.

What auto show were you at today that was open to the public and had a 2014 vette on display?
I wont buy it this year as its first issues....I will wait a year or two before I buy. I just sold my 09 Z so im not worried about spending the money.

Industry day preview is open to people that are part of the automotive industry.....you have to have a company name that is recognized by NAIS.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:07 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

As my eyes fight to stay open, I leave you with this rcallen484,
Let us say you were into higher end restaurants, like myself,
If 20 people posted reviews of a new restaurant that opened and 19 of them said it was amazing and 1 said it was disappointing, are you going to go there?
Sleep well rcallen484, sleep well.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:40 AM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 599 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
As my eyes fight to stay open, I leave you with this rcallen484,
Let us say you were into higher end restaurants, like myself,
If 20 people posted reviews of a new restaurant that opened and 19 of them said it was amazing and 1 said it was disappointing, are you going to go there?
Sleep well rcallen484, sleep well.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:58 AM
zland
Drifting

Received 607 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
So his opinion isn't valid unless he's buying a C7? How's that work?

It's funny how some of you are not only apparently agitated by what GM did with the C7, but you're agitated by people who like it.

And today and tomorrow are "industry day" at the NAIAS. Typically, dealers (and those in the "industry") can get passes, just like they do at the NYIAS.
S.
I am agitated by the people that are agitated! How is that for summing it up in a "round about way"?
Old 01-17-2013, 07:57 AM
Geof180
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah!!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:03 AM
458it
Instructor

im so glad that it looks big!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:34 AM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
So his opinion isn't valid unless he's buying a C7? How's that work?
My point was very simple and I wasn't saying his opinion wasn't valid. It really doesn't matter if the younger buyers GM is attempting to target with the C7 if they have no intention of actually buying one or are incapable of buying one.

I saw posted in another thread that the average US buyer of new cars is around 55 and of new vettes around 58. If the younger buyer has a Camaro budget but likes and wants a Corvette but cannot buy it what good does attracting a younger demographic really help Corvette sales in the near future? The whole idea of the Camaro was to fill the void at GM to compete with the Mustang that was being bought by younger buyers and young people with families with a tighter car buying budget.

If the C7 does not sell in much larger numbers than the C6 did the C7 could be the last vette generation. I'm a huge vette fan and have owned all 6 generations to date and that would be very sad for me as I have averaged buying another vette every two years since I was 17 years old, at this point for me personally I'm very disappointed with the more edgy look and hope the convert will be more attractive to me.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:39 AM
Thud
Team Owner

It's not evident from the photos, but the rear taillights are very 3-dimensional (unlike the Camaro lights). I can't wait to see the car in person. I don't really need a savings account, do I?
Old 01-17-2013, 09:02 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RJRSW
If the C7 does not sell in much larger numbers than the C6 did the C7 could be the last vette generation.
Pure speculation and lets not forget that the C6 doesn't even sell anything like the C6 did before. I know it is the economy and a long generation timeline but if the C7 doesn't sell like the C6 did at first, it isn't necessarily because people don't like it. You have the 'first year' problem where folks won't buy a first year car in addition to the 6 spd vs 8 spd automatic.

As far as I can tell the first year is going to see very small production numbers and I'm guessing they will sell like hotcakes.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:29 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

I have had an order in for a C7 for 6 months. I gave up my 08 Z in a divorce settlement . I have told my children that we are getting a new Corvette . With that said I want to love this car but a few things do get under my skin.

Recallen mentioned the aftermarket for the headlights. I think this is a great question on one hand and ridiculous for GM. Cadillac 's latest models have very attractive, understated " light tube " style head lights and GM goes first generation Audi with the C7. When I say first generation it is because I think Audi is now on their 4th now. At the show I fell in love with headlights from BMW, Audi, and MB. Trust me, they are glorious .

As for the 6 speed...I am pretty sure the 6 speed auto could suffice but this is not what I want on a 70,000 car. 70,000 is exactly what I believe I MSRP will be on "my" car.

Again, fit and finish were first rate and of course, my opinions on style or details are purely subjective.

Get notified of new replies

To Saw it at auto show today

Old 01-17-2013, 09:39 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by HarryWild
I like to see it in person too! Cars appear much different then the photos and videos shot! I am hopeful that C7 is a gorgeous super car as report by those who have seem it in person!
IT LOOKS BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD AZZZZZZZZZZZZZ IN PERSON
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...gray-pics.html
Old 01-17-2013, 09:54 AM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Seems like you either love it in person or you gripe about other areas when you see it in person. I think the headlights look cool on the pictures but the rear looks like crap. Hopefully it will be at the Philly auto show this Sat so I can see it in person. I will deffinatly get a good look at the front now to see what everyone is complaining about in person. Hopefully the rear will impress me in person. I hate being negative towards my favorite car in the world.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:57 AM
KingTut
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Fox & Friends this morning

There was one shown on Fox & Friends this morning.

The Red ones do look a bit broken up by the black vents, while on the Dark Grey one the vents seem to blend into the whole look.

To someone who has seen it. Are the vents on the grey one black or body color?

Quick Reply: Saw it at auto show today