Sponsored by:

All the logos are going to be toast.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 07:09 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 604 Likes on 283 Posts

If/when the ZR1 becomes available, I hope GM doesn't even think about putting the stingray emblem on it. If they do, that and the "Corvette" letters on the back will be gone within 15 minutes of parking in my garage.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:14 PM
Dan Dlabay
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

When I get my C7 the emblems will stay on the car. I like them.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:18 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Seriously, worst part of the C7 for sure. It is embarrassing. If I wanted a sea creature on my car, I would get a sticker...
Old 01-18-2013, 07:22 PM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 522 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

On the subject of logos, here's one that would have been a cool NEW addition to the Vette. Why not use a hologram underneath the paint as the logos so that there is no issue waxing over em, no extra hardware on the car, just a smooth surface with a cool effect as you move around the vehicle. I think that would have been a cool thing on these cars. Nobody else has done it, and I'm sure they could do that easily enough. Maybe have options for the color of them, or have them match the paint colors. Just thinking out loud... don't be too harsh. I bet they could have been done cheaper than the physical stick on ornaments too.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:28 PM
JLinCA
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller
I like the Stingray.

but then, I still have the GM Chicklet on my '08.

Me too. My stuff will be staying.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:28 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by K-Spaz
On the subject of logos, here's one that would have been a cool NEW addition to the Vette. Why not use a hologram underneath the paint as the logos so that there is no issue waxing over em, no extra hardware on the car, just a smooth surface with a cool effect as you move around the vehicle. I think that would have been a cool thing on these cars. Nobody else has done it, and I'm sure they could do that easily enough. Maybe have options for the color of them, or have them match the paint colors. Just thinking out loud... don't be too harsh. I bet they could have been done cheaper than the physical stick on ornaments too.
Interesting Idea...
Old 01-18-2013, 07:38 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

It's funny you bring this up Ox...

When I was in Detroit I was looking at the car hard to see if the bumpers had any deformation where the letters and corvette flags are.

It is my HOPE, the the Z06, which is the variant I will be purchasing, does NOT have that stingray, which will save me from removing it. I personally, just don't think the stingray name should've been brought back. The stingray will always be a 1963+ car for me...because of the stingray hood. Probably one of those most well known hood designs ever.

I dont' like this move by GM to always try and bring something back again. Take inspiration, do what you will, but leave some things alone. To me, the stingray is a car from the 60's/early 70's...not 2014. Also, I don't like the chrome element either.

I think from a demographics perspective, this car was not aimed at me. I think this is the base model, that caters to the older crowd that wants a cruiser, and likes to relive the past.

If it's on my car, it's new home will be on my toolbox where you can pretty much view a timeline of my car building history. I have Honda logos, Factory Five logos, tons of various stickers from aftermarket companies...you name it. It's like my scrap book.

Also, there is something about the big Corvette flags that is bugging me too. I don't think you need to tell the world hey look...this is a Corvette. Everyone already knows. It's like those windshield banners that say Camaro. I always look at them and think...OH...now you tell me!

I may end up debadging the entire car...not because I'm not PROUD of the Corvette...but because I think it "jinky's" up the exterior cleanliness, and who doesn't know its a Corvette!?
Old 01-18-2013, 07:42 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by RC000E
It's funny you bring this up Ox...

When I was in Detroit I was looking at the car hard to see if the bumpers had any deformation where the letters and corvette flags are.

It is my HOPE, the the Z06, which is the variant I will be purchasing, does NOT have that stingray, which will save me from removing it. I personally, just don't think the stingray name should've been brought back. The stingray will always be a 1963+ car for me...because of the stingray hood. Probably one of those most well known hood designs ever.

I dont' like this move by GM to always try and bring something back again. Take inspiration, do what you will, but leave some things alone. To me, the stingray is a car from the 60's/early 70's...not 2014. Also, I don't like the chrome element either.

I think from a demographics perspective, this car was not aimed at me. I think this is the base model, that caters to the older crowd that wants a cruiser, and likes to relive the past.

If it's on my car, it's new home will be on my toolbox where you can pretty much view a timeline of my car building history. I have Honda logos, Factory Five logos, tons of various stickers from aftermarket companies...you name it. It's like my scrap book.

Also, there is something about the big Corvette flags that is bugging me too. I don't think you need to tell the world hey look...this is a Corvette. Everyone already knows. It's like those windshield banners that say Camaro. I always look at them and think...OH...now you tell me!

I may end up debadging the entire car...not because I'm not PROUD of the Corvette...but because I think it "jinky's" up the exterior cleanliness, and who doesn't know its a Corvette!?
TOTALLY agree. I didn't think the Stingray name was necessary but it is better than doing some crappy retro design.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:43 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by arkus
please dont hate on the c7
please don't be a fanboy Arkus
Old 01-18-2013, 07:45 PM
binster
---------
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Stingray off. I would rebadge it with something that had more style. I don't think the script stingray matches the car's style.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:47 PM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

I will be buying all 3 of the C7 emblems (crossed flags nose, side Stingray and rear CORVETTE script emblems for my Corvette emblem collection. If and when I buy the actual car....I will leave them on the car.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:53 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm a die hard ocean and salt water aquarium fanatic. I love sharks and sting rays too. Sadly, I don't see myself leaving that Stingray emblem on. I may change my mind once I see them on the car but I doubt it. Also, at this stage my tentative plan is to wait and see what the Z06 or equivilent brings so who knows if it will even bare the Stingray emblem on the front fender. That said, if the C7 I purchase includes that emblem, I am sure I will find something to do with them beside throw them away. They might actually make a nice emblem for an amp rack cover should I decide to spice the stereo up a bit. I used a Z06 emblem on my amp rack in my C6.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:25 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay
When I get my C7 the emblems will stay on the car. I like them.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:23 PM
User 2623
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcallen484
By that you mean by "most" who actually do anything to them, right? If the past teaches us anything it is that the vast majority of newer Corvette owners leave them pretty much the way they come from the factory, with the exception of window tinting. A disproportionate number of CF members mod their car further.
Yes, ... only thoose that venture to mod at some degree.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:34 PM
jimmybobby
Drifting

I will remove them all. If I wanted plastic emblems on it, I'd go to the auto parts store and get a carbon fiber Yosemite Sam or Playboy bunny.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:44 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Originally Posted by jimmybobby
I will remove them all. If I wanted plastic emblems on it, I'd go to the auto parts store and get a carbon fiber Yosemite Sam or Playboy bunny.

Yeah, like the cartoon character so proudly displayed on the Plymouth Road Runner..... wait....
Old 01-18-2013, 09:45 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

When they ask...I'm just gonna say it's a spermie edition.

Get notified of new replies

To All the logos are going to be toast.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:04 PM
jimmybobby
Drifting

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Yeah, like the cartoon character so proudly displayed on the Plymouth Road Runner..... wait....
Actually it's the Yosemite Sam mudflaps that inspired my response. Wait, how could I overlook the carbon fiber naked chick silhouette. Too many emblems, not enough car.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:13 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Originally Posted by jimmybobby
Actually it's the Yosemite Sam mudflaps that inspired my response. Wait, how could I overlook the carbon fiber naked chick silhouette. Too many emblems, not enough car.
Yeah, the 426 hemi, 4 sp Road Runner was, likewise, too many emblems, not enough car. Or was I thinking of the '70 Hemi Cuda?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:25 PM
RAGS747
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I love that they are calling it a CORVETTE STINGRAY, always loved that name CORVETTE STINGRAY...Just sounds so cool. This car deserves that name imo. I hear that the key will be in the shape of a stingray...I like the side emblem btw.

Quick Reply: All the logos are going to be toast.