C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's time for those in the C7 section...

Old 01-18-2013, 04:58 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtreme Z06
JoesC5 - It's like me going over to the Mustang forums and hating on the Mustang because I don't like it. Do you see a point in that? Agree or disagree. Not Hate and Troll
Not really.

I own a Corvette(actually three of them) and I'm on a Corvette forum.

How about we tell all those that love the C7 but don't presently own a Corvette to get off my forum?

See the difference.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:00 PM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

As the intro hour of the C7 was getting closer, I started monitoring this section to watch and then to participate in the pre- the during, and the post-introduction festivities.

I have started eight threads in the C7 General section, and have contributed, hopefully in a positive manner, forty-eight additional posts in the last six days.

But I digress.

I joined Corvette Forum after the C6 was introduced, so this is the first all new Corvette intro for me.

The reason I'm still here is just to see what people are talking about regarding this new, exciting automobile now that some of the dust has settled. I probably will watch for a bit longer - perhaps participate less, and then eventually return to my home base, the C5 General section.

Good question.

Last edited by s'noJob; 01-18-2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: misunderstanding definition of trolling
Old 01-18-2013, 05:09 PM
NYC-Style
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Can't we all just get along....
Old 01-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Runs11s
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Just ignore the trolls and the keyboard heroes - eventually they will go away if they don't get a response. Right now they are busy responding to each other but ignore them all and they will dry up and blow away.

It's just like Facebook where all they live for is a 'Like' to validate they miserable existence. These clowns just want a reply. Anything, even a 'You are an idiot living in your mom's basement!' Keeps them hopeful.

Ignore!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
So, you believe that debates should only present one side. That's not how I was taught in high school and college, nor practiced in any business meeting I was ever a part of. A bunch of "yes" men in a meeting....right.....

Your thinking is the reason why our Constitution has the First Amendment. To prevent those that believe their view is the correct, and only view and believe it is their right to silence others with opposing views.

Are you so arrogant to believe that you are the only person that GM builds Corvettes for, thus only you have the right to decide what a Corvette is?
Having the "right" to say something, and having the sense to know when and how to say it, are two very different things. The thread on what you would change about the C7 if you could (or whatever it was called) was a great example of constructive debate. In contrast, many of the "trolling" posts are more along the lines of walking up to some guy you know and saying "That new girlfriend of yours -- seriously trashy. And her rear end? My God I have never seen anything more mis-shapen. Looks just like the Rosie O'Donnell model." That might well get the speaker punched out, and deservedly so. The OP understands the difference -- do you?

Oh, and the First Amendment? Political speech only. The mods can pretty much suspend/ban anyone they want for anything they want to. There are certainly a few cases where such actions may well be overdue...
Old 01-18-2013, 05:26 PM
JMc
Le Mans Master

Location: "This is not a psychotic episode, but a cleansing moment of clarity."
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike, I totally agree with your initial post and "get it". You make good and valid points. Peace and enjoy C7 enthusiasts! I'm back to the C5 forum where I belong!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Dan Dlabay
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury
to re-evaluate why you are still here:

to stay (if you are thinking about getting one)?

or to leave (if you've already decided the C7 is not for you)?

Either you're a Corvette enthusiast here - or you are a troll.

When the C6 was officially introduced; those of us that didn't like it had our say; and then we backed-off. We're not here to save our bruised ego; but instead to help each Corvette owner enjoy the heck out of the version they own (or are going to buy).

Lets face it;

you would be in the C1/C2 section if you owned one, or was going to buy one.

you would be in the C3 section if you owned one, or was going to buy one.

you would be in the C4 section if you owned one, or was going to buy one.

you would be in the C5 section if you owned one, or was going to buy one.

you would be in the C6 section if you owned one, or was going to buy one.

Notice, you would't participate in any of the sections that were of Corvette series you weren't interested in.

So, now that it's all official, there's no need for those not liking the C7 to continue to post in this section. Corvette enthusiasts don't rain on other Corvette enthuisasts parades.

with you Tim 100% If you don't like the C7 find but I don't think there is anything to gain by continually thrashing the car. I like it and I am going to buy one.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:40 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Since some of you guys want to turn the OP's topic into something it's not, let me help you understand what he is getting at.

The C7 section has been plagued as of late by a handful of individuals who have started constant topics ranting about how much they hate the C7 or the rear end etc. Another example is those starting topics in the C7 forum about the Mustang. Last I checked, this is a Corvette forum, not a Mustang forum.

It's ok not to like the car or elements of the car. It's another thing to interject their distain into virtually every topic. Now that said, there are several members here who keep starting the same topics over and over. The wording may change but the message of hatred doesn't.

The majority of members here come to this forum to get information. Some of us are Corvette owners who intend to purchase a C7 in the future while others aspire to be Corvette owners in the future. This forum is for enthusiasts regardless of whether or not you own a Corvette at this stage. It is that enthusiasm that brings us together. On the otherhand, it's the people that this thread is directed towards that divides us. The ones in question who should move along or learn to control themselves.

The problem is when certain indviduals crash every thread and start rant thread after rant thread. It takes away from what this forum is all about and more over, it becomes very frusterating for those of us that are serious about the C7 and have a genuine interest in it.

Now regarding the term Troll. We refer to Troll's here as people who continually spam this forum with their distain and add nothing contructive to the threads here.

For what it's worth, they are tagged with that term appropriately and in the end, most here feel that the forum would be a MUCH better place if they just leave or learn to refrain from posting their constant criticism or inflamatory rhetoric. It certainly is not constructive and it definately takes away from this forum. Let's face it, how many threads have been locked here recently? I'd bet much more than the Mod's care for.

I will say that in recent days, things have gotten a bit better here. I hope that trend continues!

That said, here is the definition of an internet troll.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
This article is about internet slang. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).

In Internet slang, a troll (****.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."
While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[4][5]

Another take
Source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ternet%20troll
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
To be a good Internet Troll you must copy and paste this definition all over the internet.

One last thing.. The term Hater. I might add that like the term Troll, it too is being used appropriately (for the most part).
Definition:
A person that develops a strong dislike for another, solely basing their own opinion on personal judgment rather than objective merit. The formation of a hater's contempt commonly arises from jealously and/or resentment.

Source:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ternet%20troll

Last edited by slief; 01-18-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:43 PM
MThomas
Safety Car

Received 117 Likes on 92 Posts

Well said Tim!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:51 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by slief
Since some of you guys want to turn the OP's topic into something it's not, let me help you understand what he is getting at.

The C7 section has been plagued as of late by a handful of individuals who have started constant topics ranting about how much they hate the C7 or the rear end etc. Another example is those starting topics in the C7 forum about the Mustang. Last I checked, this is a Corvette forum, not a Mustang forum.

It's ok not to like the car or elements of the car. It's another thing to interject their distain into virtually every topic. Now that said, there are several members here who keep starting the same topics over and over. The wording may change but the message of hatred doesn't.

The majority of members here come to this forum to get information. Some of us are Corvette owners who intend to purchase a C7 in the future while others aspire to be Corvette owners in the future. This forum is for enthusiasts regardless of whether or not you own a Corvette at this stage. It is that enthusiasm that brings us together. On the otherhand, it's the people that this thread is directed towards that divides us. The ones in question who should move along or learn to control themselves.

The problem is when certain indviduals crash every thread and start rant thread after rant thread. It takes away from what this forum is all about and more over, it becomes very frusterating for those of us that are serious about the C7 and have a genuine interest in it.

Now regarding the term Troll. We refer to Troll's here as people who continually spam this forum with their distain and add nothing contructive to the threads here.

For what it's worth, they are tagged with that term appropriately and in the end, most here feel that the forum would be a MUCH better place if they just leave or learn to refrain from posting their constant criticism or inflamatory rhetoric. It certainly is not constructive and it definately takes away from this forum. Let's face it, how many threads have been locked here recently? I'd bet much more than the Mod's care for.

I will say that in recent days, things have gotten a bit better here. I hope that trend continues!

That said, here is the definition of an internet troll.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
This article is about internet slang. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).

In Internet slang, a troll (****.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."
While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[4][5]

Another take
Source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ternet%20troll
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
To be a good Internet Troll you must copy and paste this definition all over the internet.

One last thing.. The term Hater. I might add that like the term Troll, it too is being used appropriately.
Definition:
A person that develops a strong dislike for another, solely basing their own opinion on personal judgment rather than objective merit. The formation of a hater's contempt commonly arises from jealously and/or resentment.

Source:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ternet%20troll
The term "hater" is the most abused term on the C7 section. I'm so sick of reading "haters will be haters because they can't afford a C7" and such. There are two sides to this discussion. It implies that they hate everything. I hate that.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:53 PM
its_me
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't post often, yet am on all the time. I like all corvettes and will buy a 7 if and when I cam ever afford to. I just think its funny that when the 6 came out, there were a lot of cries about it only being a C5.5-not enough change. Now there is dramatic change, and now its the cries of it changed too much. I see an awesome car and will look even better in person.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

read my lips:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1582875400-post1.html

well... the exact words I typed

There's no need to adulterate its meaning.

If you are a Corvette enthusiast, then you know exactly what was stated, exactly why it was stated, and exactly where it came from; from the heart of a long time Corvette enthusiast.

Enjoy your Corvette, no mater what series it is; and expect a supportive handshake from fellow enthusiasts... even from across the series boundries.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:58 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jschindler
The term "hater" is the most abused term on the C7 section. I'm so sick of reading "haters will be haters because they can't afford a C7" and such. There are two sides to this discussion. It implies that they hate everything. I hate that.
I edited my post to include "for the most part". I do agree that in some or even many cases it is used a bit too loosely. On the other hand, there are in fact many people here who do beat a dead horse with their hatred of the C7 or it's design elements. As such, I can see why those people are referred to as haters though I have never used that term myself in response to a thread or post and likely never will. Sadly it's just typical Internet forum jargon, however it is applicable to a select few members here.

Last edited by slief; 01-18-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:59 PM
JACKAL0PE
Lepus-temperamentalus
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by z06inVB
Am I missing something ? We have had C5 v C6. Z06 v ZR1. GS v Z06. GS v Base and so on. So now we have C7 v everything.

There will always be debate and attempts at pecking orders.
I agree. Hell you can STILL go on the C5 forum and hear about how the C5 looks better than the C6.

Look Mike. I'm neither a hater nor a troll. I'm a Forum Member and have been for quite awhile. I've got a pretty little black C5 sitting in my garage and frankly, I might even end up buying a C7....I like most of it.

But I don't like the bolt-on spoiler and I REALLY don't like the painted *** end.

So, am I now sentenced to keeping my mouth shut about those features? As I recall, criticism of the C6 headlights went on for quite awhile longer than six days. Why does the C7's *** end get a pass?
Old 01-18-2013, 06:03 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

.... Either you're a Corvette enthusiast here - or you are a troll. ...
Well said Mike. Thanks. Let's see how many can follow proper forum decorum here.
BIGBYRD1993
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In XI, XII Veteran
NCM Lifetime Member & Ambassador

When I saw the C7 in Person on Weds. , I was Sold on the Total Car . Pictures Posted , don't do it Justice . And I'm going to have one , as soon as Deb L. buys it for me !!
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

A forum is for open discussion of a subject. Good and bad. If some of you get butt hurt if someone has an opposing view from your's, maybe you should make the exit.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:06 PM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 522 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Omg, did this thread really grow 2 full pages in 2 hours? Wow.

This'll get em all. I just talked to a forum vendor/dealer, and they said they would take a trade for my C5 even up for a brand new C7 just as soon as they get them. So there, the C5 did not tank in resale value as some speculated! It is now more desirable! How about that?

Lmao.

PS, I'm not telling anyone which dealer I got that deal from. It was a limited time offer and only for the 1000th caller! :LOL:
Old 01-18-2013, 06:08 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by JACKAL0PE
I agree. Hell you can STILL go on the C5 forum and hear about how the C5 looks better than the C6.

Look Mike. I'm neither a hater nor a troll. I'm a Forum Member and have been for quite awhile. I've got a pretty little black C5 sitting in my garage and frankly, I might even end up buying a C7....I like most of it.

But I don't like the bolt-on spoiler and I REALLY don't like the painted *** end.

So, am I now sentenced to keeping my mouth shut about those features? As I recall, criticism of the C6 headlights went on for quite awhile longer than six days. Why does the C7's *** end get a pass?
Read Mike's post.

read my lips:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1582875400-post1.html

well... the exact words I typed

There's no need to adulterate its meaning.

If you are a Corvette enthusiast, then you know exactly what was stated, exactly why it was stated, and exactly where it came from; from the heart of a long time Corvette enthusiast.

Enjoy your Corvette, no mater what series it is; and expect a supportive handshake from fellow enthusiasts... even from across the series boundries.

It covers it all. And it is a rare post in C5 ragging on the C6. A civil forum, as are the other era specific forums.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: It's time for those in the C7 section...