Sponsored by:

Outsider opinions on the exterior design

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 04:13 PM
CaryKen
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Outsider opinions on the exterior design

This is an interesting blog post from a non-Corvette junkie upon looking at the new exterior design.

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...vision-ot.html

He's just one guy with one opinion. But there are many dozens of responses in the comments section. Same polarized viewpoints outside our little forum community that we have been seeing inside it. Except that they don't waste as much time talking about tail lights.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CaryKen
This is an interesting blog post from a non-Corvette junkie upon looking at the new exterior design.

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...vision-ot.html

He's just one guy with one opinion. But there are many dozens of responses in the comments section. Same polarized viewpoints outside our little forum community that we have been seeing inside it. Except that they don't waste as much time talking about tail lights.
My two roommates, about 5 of my friends, and a handful of my co-workers, who are into cars, all love it. None are vette owners. They like it more than I do.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:21 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Always remember that the following picture depicts the most beautiful automobile ever created as chosen by some international committee of bigshot design folks (And NO, I am not kidding!):

Old 01-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Always remember that the following picture depicts the most beautiful automobile ever created as chosen by some international committee of bigshot design folks (And NO, I am not kidding!):

The forever ugly Citroën
Old 01-20-2013, 04:52 PM
Zr-1Mike00
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting opinions from outside the Corvette Community... Seems polarized though, everyone I talk to about it who is not an enthusiast of Corvette yet loves the design. They thing it is a huge step forward, and a very modern design to compete with international cars. A step forward for GM. And

And again this website seems to be all "photographers" who I would think would appreciate the lines and functionality MOST of them provide.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:09 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I find it funny that people mare post that everyone they know that are not Corvette people think it is a great design. Of course that maybe exactly what GM wants to hear. That may mean a new group of buyers that they never had before. Of course it could also mean that they like it simply because it is different, more European, but not really interested in buying one.
I am in a large Corvette club, and so far I have only had one member respond favorable to it. That is not to say that they hate and will not even thing about buying one, they just seem to think there are certain issues that are just not appealing. It ranges from the infamous rear tail lights to the sharp angles, to the little side rear windows that make it look like there just maybe a back seat and finally to all the venting and use of the black painted vents and rear area.
I think this car will take some time for it to grow on a lot of Corvette enthusiast.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:52 PM
v26278
Melting Slicks

Received 147 Likes on 93 Posts

I like the cyber grey C7 looks a lot, from what I've seen. It is not perfect but nothing is, I'd change a few things if it were up to me, but who really cares? It pretty much looks like what I would expect from a 2014 vette

Looks are subjective, performance not so much. How long until the first road test, head to head comparos, - thats when the discussion really gets interesting
Old 01-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Those so called design experts, are probably older men stuck in the sixties. They refer often to that design period. As for me I love the design.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:16 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Originally Posted by BWF07
I find it funny that people mare post that everyone they know that are not Corvette people think it is a great design. Of course that maybe exactly what GM wants to hear. That may mean a new group of buyers that they never had before. Of course it could also mean that they like it simply because it is different, more European, but not really interested in buying one.
I am in a large Corvette club, and so far I have only had one member respond favorable to it. That is not to say that they hate and will not even thing about buying one, they just seem to think there are certain issues that are just not appealing. It ranges from the infamous rear tail lights to the sharp angles, to the little side rear windows that make it look like there just maybe a back seat and finally to all the venting and use of the black painted vents and rear area.
I think this car will take some time for it to grow on a lot of Corvette enthusiast.
I heard there were a bunch of Corvette enthusiasts right here on CF who have said they like the C7, including 100% of those who have seen it in person. What do you think about that?
Old 01-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by BWF07
Honestly, I am going to call I have seen all your posts hate'in on the car and then all of a sudden all your buddies in your large Corvette club agree with you. Sorry, I DON'T BELIEVE you.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:22 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

I have only seen pics/video and love the design...FWIW 13Z06 owner
Old 01-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

These guys seem OLD. Not the target market.

Michael
Old 01-20-2013, 08:53 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael A

Michael
People set in their ways. I am one of the targets. I like/want the latest and greatest.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:04 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry/car
People set in their ways. I am one of the targets. I like/want the latest and greatest.
Exactly. If they don't keep moving forward, the Corvette will suffer the same fate as the Fiero. That was another great idea but then GM just let it "die on the vine".

Michael
Old 01-20-2013, 09:07 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Originally Posted by Michael A

Michael
Originally Posted by Larry/car
Why alienate people by CHRONOLOGICAL age? It is one's attitude that matters, not how many birthdays they have had. We have CF members of all ages who have expressed that they like what they have seen of the C7 thus far.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:16 AM
BobRBob
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Love it or hate it, this car has done what it was intended to do and that is to attract a lot of attention from people who haven't looked at Corvettes in years, maybe ever. That is a good thing because Corvette needs broader appeal to survive and I believe a significant number of new and younger customers will emerge from all this.

After some initial dismissive posts about Corvette owners with gold chains they are starting to warm up to the C7 on the BMW forums. Corvette fans coming out of the closet. I think this car is going to be a hit.

Get notified of new replies

To Outsider opinions on the exterior design

Quick Reply: Outsider opinions on the exterior design