C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Conflicting GM Interior Photos..which is is?

Old 01-24-2013, 12:30 AM
CaptainChet
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default GM Interior Variations Photos..which is which?

Looking at the official press release photos, there are these three of the new interior.

So which is each?

OR This

or this

Last edited by CaptainChet; 01-24-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:41 AM
mattkilla2015
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

It's the same interior just one with leather dash the same color as the seats...or am I missing something??
Old 01-24-2013, 12:47 AM
CaptainChet
Racer

Originally Posted by mattkilla2015
It's the same interior just one with leather dash the same color as the seats...or am I missing something??
Ahh, so the leather option get the dash in the seat color and the non leather option is not black leather, but plastic. Wish we could get black leather two tone. Looks better to me with the contrast.

Thanks!!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:52 AM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Default No Conflict

The 2LT is the the one with the all black dash covering. The 3LT interior comes with the better, napa leather that covers the dash cover in the same color as the seats and also covers part of the upper/front part of the door covering.

You get to choose whether you want the 2LT or the 3LT interior.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:53 AM
mattkilla2015
Racer

I think you can. I've seen pics of the red/ black interior and tan/black interior with the upper dash leather just going across the passenger air vents covered from side to side and leather going across the driver side door to along the curve of the passenger handle, if that makes sense.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:07 AM
CaptainChet
Racer

Originally Posted by mattkilla2015
I think you can. I've seen pics of the red/ black interior and tan/black interior with the upper dash leather just going across the passenger air vents covered from side to side and leather going across the driver side door to along the curve of the passenger handle, if that makes sense.
Yes, you can indeed. Look at the press kit thread of the red interior. the Napa is only on the LT3 but maybe with the black upper dash!

So we actually have 3 variations of the dash it appears; LT1/LT2 with the all black dash, the LT3 with the trim in seat color and Napa leather, and the LT3 with the Custom Suede-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package (probably this is the color dash). IDK, I'm sure I'll figure it all out when I order my C7.

(going to change the thread title..it's not conflicting after all )
Old 01-24-2013, 03:18 AM
mattkilla2015
Racer

Originally Posted by CaptainChet
Yes, you can indeed. Look at the press kit thread of the red interior. the Napa is only on the LT3 but maybe with the black upper dash!

So we actually have 3 variations of the dash it appears; LT1/LT2 with the all black dash, the LT3 with the trim in seat color and Napa leather, and the LT3 with the Custom Suede-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package (probably this is the color dash). IDK, I'm sure I'll figure it all out when I order my C7.

(going to change the thread title..it's not conflicting after all )
Yes you posted the third pic of what I was talking about. I know someone posted the suede upper interior and it was at least suede on the a pillars. I think the suede looks good on the c6 and can imagine that it would spruce up the look of the c7. The full tan upper dash on your second pic looks the best I've seen. It makes the dash look symmetrical which I really like. Hopefully one day ill have a c7 and I'm happy for you and anyone else that will be getting a brand new c7 in to their exact likings.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:26 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

2nd interior looks great
Old 01-24-2013, 08:33 AM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
2nd interior looks great
I like the first interior the best, but I could easily like the second also. The first one looks more upscale to me.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:41 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

They all look great, and about time. Thanks GM.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:43 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by alanhang
I like the first interior the best, but I could easily like the second also. The first one looks more upscale to me.
First one doesn't look like it has any thought to the color scheme to me...someone just puked that color all over the car.

Similar to people you see walking around with matching colored shirt, pants and shoes thinking that's what it means to "match colors".
Old 01-24-2013, 08:52 AM
GoldenRod
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No complaints here about any of the interior shots, except I wouldn't go for the brown personally.

So tell me again, why do so many people WANT leather on the dash? I wrote a rant about that a while back. With all the durable finishes and materials available for seats and dash material, why use leather simply because it is expensive and nostalgic? No matter what you do, it cracks. I've got 160k on one of my cars with cloth seats and they look like new.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:36 AM
EyeMaster
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, you have a point. I do like cloth seats because you don't slide around in them when you drive hard, like at the track. Leather seats slide, feel colder when the car is cold and burn when the car has been in the sun. It does look more luxurious tho.

I like the red interior. Wish I had red interior right now.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Suede, I question the maintenance required to keep it looking great. One of the airplanes that I flew had it and the maintenance department was always brushing it or it would crush and get shiny. Evidently the look/feel was gone. This was a high end interior on a Corporate Jet. Modern processes minimized maintenance? From my past experience I wouldn't want it. That could change when I see the product, how it looks and feels.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:20 AM
Bandit1
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
They all look great, and about time. Thanks GM.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:10 PM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Still say the radio and ***** still look like a. ETCH A Sketch
Old 01-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

2nd interior looks great

First one doesn't look like it has any thought to the color scheme to me...someone just puked that color all over the car.

Similar to people you see walking around with matching colored shirt, pants and shoes thinking that's what it means to "match colors".
Absolutely correct! The contrasting colors looks poorly executed indeed. Good example.

Although, the first pic (3LT) would look good in all black (no contrasting colors).

Get notified of new replies

To Conflicting GM Interior Photos..which is is?

Old 01-24-2013, 12:40 PM
CaptainChet
Racer

Clearly, of the three, my favorite is the second one, the two tone without the color trim around the instrument cluster! Now I just hope I can get that with something other than a black interior in an LT3 package. I'm thinking not!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:49 PM
FASST LN
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Question: For those that have had the 3LT option on their C6 and the leather was a lighter (non-black) color, did you have any issues with reflection in the windshield?

I owned one car with a gray dashboard and it reflected badly in the windshield. Very annoying. Though my polarized glasses helped some.

Also, has anyone ever thought of using photochromatic glass (like Transition lenses) for automotive use? I would like that.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:00 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenRod
No complaints here about any of the interior shots, except I wouldn't go for the brown personally.

So tell me again, why do so many people WANT leather on the dash? I wrote a rant about that a while back. With all the durable finishes and materials available for seats and dash material, why use leather simply because it is expensive and nostalgic? No matter what you do, it cracks. I've got 160k on one of my cars with cloth seats and they look like new.
I can see your point. Too bad GM does not offer a quality material option for the seats instead of leather. They may be surprised at the numbers they sell. The only problem I have with leather seats is that they tend to look like an old glove no matter how you clean them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Conflicting GM Interior Photos..which is is?