C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw C7 at auto show " Huge disappointment "

Old 01-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Binh360
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't realize that CF has a negativity police to keep everybody from their point of views. Let me find something positive to say about the C7 so that I won't get lashed on. Wait everyone has said them already.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Davy_Baby9
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just rechecked my autoshow pics, they do have the DRL's on. I'm sure they are running off battery and not as bright as IRL.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:53 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Binh360
I didn't realize that CF has a negativity police to keep everybody from their point of views. Let me find something positive to say about the C7 so that I won't get lashed on. Wait everyone has said them already.
It is OK to express a negative opinion as you did. Unlike you, some do so in an obviously inflammatory manner. Just continue to enjoy that C6 as I will mine for a while Although many have expressed a positive opinion, that doesn't mean you can't second it with regards to anything about the C7 that you did like. Was there anything?
Old 01-23-2013, 01:55 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury
My bad; I thought it was just a few days ago.

But in a forum of enthusiasts of a particular type of car; we don't
go into the sections of the years/series that we don't like - and announce it to everyone.

He can voice that negative opinion of the entire car in the C6, C5, C4, C3, C1-2... and to GM all day long.
Fellow (fill in the blank_________) enthusiasts don't go around telling similar enthusiasts that they don't like your car.

If you want to get your message to GM; then write them a letter. The debating with them in the C7 section is over; the C7 design is finalized. All one is going to accomplish voicing their displeasure with the whole car.... and in the particular section of said forum is in bad taste to those already having one on order, and not being supportive of fellow brand enthusiasts.

It's very simple to understand, actually.
Oh PLEASE! Maybe the CF should just label one section... C7 LOVEFEST!

When someone disses my ride......Who gives a flying F, either you are a big boy or just continue getting you feelings hurt. CF is about Corvettes and the likes and dislikes get equal time.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:57 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Binh360
you b eing intentionally inaccurate.

No where has anyone said - nor any actions taken against anyone saying "something" bad about a particular part of the C7.

Nor is it a requirement to only say good things either. And you knwo this; why adulterate the facts?

The question is; why did you go into a specific section of an enthusiasts car forum - just to say you don't like that specific series

I never liked the original C6; but as a fellow Corvette enthusiast - I never went into the C6 section and announce it to everybody. Makes absolutely no sense to do this - unless a person is trolling.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

My bad; I thought it was just a few days ago.

But in a forum of enthusiasts of a particular type of car; we don't
go into the sections of the years/series that we don't like - and announce it to everyone.

He can voice that negative opinion of the entire car in the C6, C5, C4, C3, C1-2... and to GM all day long.
Fellow (fill in the blank_________) enthusiasts don't go around telling similar enthusiasts that they don't like your car.

If you want to get your message to GM; then write them a letter. The debating with them in the C7 section is over; the C7 design is finalized. All one is going to accomplish voicing their displeasure with the whole car.... and in the particular section of said forum is in bad taste to those already having one on order, and not being supportive of fellow brand enthusiasts.

Are you being serious here Mike? Really? This is an internet forum, not fairy land. You talk about the C7 in the C7 section, positive OR negative. He didn't repeat his negative opinion 500 times like some others have...
Old 01-23-2013, 02:00 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Originally Posted by sfc rick
CF is about Corvettes and the likes and dislikes get equal time.
since when are your the owner/moderator of this private forum ?

Last edited by Mike Mercury; 01-23-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:02 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
I see no problem if people voice their dislikes about the C7 ... regardless if they are a Vette enthusiast or not. Just because you liked previous models doesn't mean you should automatically like the new C7. I think it's good to hear the good and the bad for Vette enthusiasts. That's being real IMO.
I agree....give the guy a break, he does not like the C7!
Would not be the first person who does not care for it.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
= He didn't repeat his negative opinion 500 times like some others have...
point; I'll give you that one.

I just can't get into the mindset of a person who wants to visit & post on a internet forum (or a section there-in) dedicated to a car they don't like.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:03 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Mike, this is your view, nothing more, nothing less. This is a public forum, and these issues will always be discussed, with the right of others to voice their opinion. This too should be pretty simple to understand, yet there seems to be a desperate (and completely hopeless) attempt to squash any possible negative reaction. Why? It's not a matter of national security last time I checked. Some need to grow thicker skins as well. Who cares if some folks don't agree with your personal taste?

I would feel sorry for anyone who bases a purchase decision on perception, or gets upset when public discussion of their purchase is not supportive of that decision, or for that matter anyone who gets very emotionally invested in the purchase of a car (appliance).
Old 01-23-2013, 02:03 PM
proexpert
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 237 Posts

I guess you guys don't like each other in here.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Medic Man
Racer

Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9
I was there yesterday and had to fight my way to the front. Everyone I heard talking loved it. The lights weren't even on, not sure how you can comment about the LED's. And LOL at complaining about round ***** throwing you completely off of the interior. Haha

Holy crap, I can barely see the DRL's!!

The daytime running lights look pretty bright in the Arizona sunlight!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Originally Posted by TTRotary
Mike, this is your view, nothing more, nothing less. This is a public forum, and these issues will always be discussed, with the right of others to voice their opinion. This too should be pretty simple to understand, yet there seems to be a desperate (and completely hopeless) attempt to squash any possible negative reaction. Why? It's not a matter of national security last time I checked. Some need to grow thicker skins as well. Who cares if some folks don't agree with your personal taste?

I would feel sorry for anyone who bases a purchase decision on perception, or gets upset when public discussion of their purchase is not supportive of that decision, or for that matter anyone who gets very emotionally invested in the purchase of a car (appliance).
Oh, I hear ya, and deleted some of my stupid rant.

But just to be accurate, this is not a public forum; it is privately owned & operated.

Now, who else can be a "big boy" and comment about how stupid their replies were?

Last edited by Mike Mercury; 01-23-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:14 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by proexpert
It is mostly YOU who is the focus of our dislike.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:16 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Originally Posted by proexpert
Never met the person; first time I ever saw his screen name.

Why spent time on an enthusiats internet site - in the sections of the specific versions - one doesn't like?

I'm just trying to understand it; maybe I never will.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:19 PM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

IMHO, the OP expressed his opinion in a respectful manner. I agree with him that the widebodies look better to me. I respect what GM did with the C7. I am sure it will outperform my stock GS right out of the box. I am looking forward to seeing the C7 in New York. Bottom line, for me, its just not a "gotta have", like my GS was. In a few years when the C7 is sorted out I'll probably buy one.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 89L98
IMHO, the OP expressed his opinion in a respectful manner. I agree with him that the widebodies look better to me. I respect what GM did with the C7. I am sure it will outperform my stock GS right out of the box. I am looking forward to seeing the C7 in New York. Bottom line, for me, its just not a "gotta have", like my GS was. In a few years when the C7 is sorted out I'll probably buy one.

Get notified of new replies

To Saw C7 at auto show " Huge disappointment "

Old 01-23-2013, 02:26 PM
termigni
Cruising

OP is entitled for his own opinion, but seriously? he's complaining about dimness of LED DRL?

And of course, this is coming from a C6 owner... go figure..
Old 01-23-2013, 02:30 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Why spent time on an enthusiats internet site - in the sections of the specific versions - one doesn't like? I'm just trying to understand it; maybe I never will.

I'm not clear what the OP's exact beef is either (no widebody / C7 Z06?) but he did not say he didn't like it. I think he's trying to like it and if he didn't care at all, he would not be in here. There is a lot of "thinking out loud" that goes on in these forums. That said, anyone expecting a widebody Z06 or Zr-1 will be disappointed I suspect. This C7 is already effectively a widebody (C6 lingo), so I don't think we'll be seeing bigger fenders. Who knows...
Old 01-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Joe B.
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I would rather not have the DLR's be the overwhelming feature of an auto as I approach one on the road.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saw C7 at auto show " Huge disappointment "