Sponsored by:

Do you think GM will...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 05:50 AM
209TIME!!!
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Do you think GM will...

Do you think GM will give the Superbowl MVP winner a C7?
Old 01-28-2013, 06:40 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Next year...maybe.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:42 AM
VinceJB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those a$$holes are overpaid they shouldn't get $hit. Maybe Obama can take out more tax out of those clowns.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:53 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Not for this year. Won't be in production for another 6 months.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:57 AM
bigterpsfan
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts

I don't think they will, but they could present them with a preproduction version and make good in September. I do hope ther is a commercial though. However I doubt it due to length of time between the SB and production.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:00 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by VinceJB
Those a$$holes are overpaid they shouldn't get $hit. Maybe Obama can take out more tax out of those clowns.

As for the original question, not likely as already mentioned they are not even in production yet. In my opinion, the only reason GM give the Corvette away at the Super Bowl is for the advertisement.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:21 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by BWF07

As for the original question, not likely as already mentioned they are not even in production yet. In my opinion, the only reason GM give the Corvette away at the Super Bowl is for the advertisement.
Ya Think?
Old 01-28-2013, 09:29 AM
John_R
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GM is better off giving it to one of the spectators, call the spectators ticket number and he wins a free C7 comes September.

Athletes can buy their own cars with the money they make.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:07 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,939 Likes on 1,185 Posts

Nope - GM's not even doing any Super Bowl TV advertising!
Old 01-28-2013, 12:08 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by bigterpsfan
I don't think they will, but they could present them with a preproduction version and make good in September. I do hope ther is a commercial though. However I doubt it due to length of time between the SB and production.
GM could show the MVP what he is getting and have a pre-production car at the Super Bowl but GM legally couldn't allow the MVP to even have it for a short while because it ain't street legal. GM is all in it for the PR so it would have to be a vehicle that is street legal and ownership could be given right away to the receipent.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:47 PM
209TIME!!!
Melting Slicks

A little angry this morning I see....lol
Old 01-28-2013, 02:58 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by 209TIME!!!
A little angry this morning I see....lol
LOL, still trying to wrap my mind someone being overpaid for a job they attained that's legal. In sports there are very few players on the teams that make the money like the major stars on the team do. At anyrate I'm not mad at them for getting paid. LOL Besides if they gave Flacco a StingRay...all it would do would give more exposure to it. Rather than giving it to someone who may not even own a home or a garage.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Maybe when the day comes that your comfy desk job requires you to perform a difficult atheletic task, while a 300lb adult man who is capable of lifting a pickup truck is running full speed to tackle you.. and easily capable of knocking you unconscious or at worse even paralyzing you for life.... Then the day might come where you might.. just maybe.. get the opportunity.. to earn a bigger paycheck. A paycheck that will make some jealous guy on the internet randomly call you an azzhole for doing something, only very few people are able to do.

Even beyond the life-threatening injuries.. the average NFL career is only 3 years and the vast majority of NFL contracts are not guaranteed. These guys get a game check on a week-by-week basis. They dont play, or only play preseason? They dont get paid.

As far as the OP's question. I highly doubt if a Superbowl player will get a C7.. because its already been publicly announced that the star of the Superbowl halftime show (Beyonce') will be receiving a new C7 from GM. Dont even get me started on how much money she is worth ($500 million) and why some jealous guy on the internet who cant sing worth a damn and looks nowhere near as fine as she does.. will never-ever-never see her kinda paycheck or perks lol.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 PM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 522 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I was once told, the amount of money you make is directly proportional to the number of people you please. Well, if you please millions of people, chances are you're gonna make a lot of money. Those guys are paid by team owners, not my tax dollars. So, afaic, they can get paid whatever they want and it's no problem with me.

I am often times shocked at the scope of the money they get though. I mean, Drew Brees signed a 100M deal with 60M guaranteed... Cough, cough, holy smokes... No need for a franchise tag here...
Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Are you paying them?...IS IT YOUR MONEY...get a grip
Old 01-28-2013, 08:10 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

[QUOTE=Daekwan06;1582969045]Maybe when the day comes that your comfy desk job requires you to perform a difficult atheletic task, while a 300lb adult man who is capable of lifting a pickup truck is running full speed to tackle you.. and easily capable of knocking you unconscious or at worse even paralyzing you for life.... Then the day might come where you might.. just maybe.. get the opportunity.. to earn a bigger paycheck. A paycheck that will make some jealous guy on the internet randomly call you an azzhole for doing something, only very few people are able to do.

Even beyond the life-threatening injuries.. the average NFL career is only 3 years and the vast majority of NFL contracts are not guaranteed. These guys get a game check on a week-by-week basis. They dont play, or only play preseason? They dont get paid.

nailed it..
Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 PM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,984 Likes on 935 Posts

I sense a lot of jealousy!

Get notified of new replies

To Do you think GM will...

Old 01-28-2013, 08:25 PM
209TIME!!!
Melting Slicks

Last year Eli Manning got a centennial edition C6 and the announcer called it a Camaro...lol. I think they need to showcase one on the biggest stage of the year the Super Bowl, best advertisement you can get!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:43 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,939 Likes on 1,185 Posts

Originally Posted by K-Spaz
I was once told, the amount of money you make is directly proportional to the number of people you please. Well, if you please millions of people, chances are you're gonna make a lot of money. Those guys are paid by team owners, not my tax dollars. So, afaic, they can get paid whatever they want and it's no problem with me.

I am often times shocked at the scope of the money they get though. I mean, Drew Brees signed a 100M deal with 60M guaranteed... Cough, cough, holy smokes... No need for a franchise tag here...
Originally Posted by troller399
Are you paying them?...IS IT YOUR MONEY...get a grip
Well, it may not be tax dollars...............except for some stadium financing...................but look at what is happening to ticket prices, and that is out of the fans pockets. The new 49ers stadium is costing $1.2 BILLION to build. A big part of the financing is coming from the fans in the form of personal seat licenses, and many long term season ticket holders are getting priced out of the game.

I have a friend whose family has had 4 season tickets for almost 60 years, now located at the home side 40 yard line. Guess what - in order to keep their tickets they would have to pay $30k per seat in PSLs; a total of $120,000.00 not including the tickets themselves, which are up to about $300 per game each.

Individuals and families are getting priced out; the good seats are going to corporate interests.

So - at $30,000.00 per seat PSLs it's not just the owner's money, individuals are paying huge amounts to support those athletes!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

See above.

Quick Reply: Do you think GM will...