C7 ecm?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 05:04 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14
Default C7 ecm?

Maybe I missed it but can someone point me to where I can read on how locked down it is? Only place I have seen it was when Big Gunz mentioned it. And if that is the sole source of info, why not believe everything else he has said.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Sinister87
Racer

Actually, the latest issue of GM High Tech mentions it in detail. I quote (The limiting factor in our getting started finding out will be cracking the LT1's new E92 ECM; how long this takes tuners remains to be seen.) I also think Car & Driver mentioned something about it.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:28 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Sinister87
Actually, the latest issue of GM High Tech mentions it in detail. I quote (The limiting factor in our getting started finding out will be cracking the LT1's new E92 ECM; how long this takes tuners remains to be seen.) I also think Car & Driver mentioned something about it.
Thanks, I have to pick up GM High Tech
Old 02-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Sinister87
Racer

Never leave home without it.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:36 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinister87
I think a little while back Jim Hall (Halltech) mentioned his cold air system for the C7 would be designed so that no tune is required due to the fact the ECM was going to have Public/Private key encryption and would be a while before/if tuners would crack the encryption.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:55 PM
Sinister87
Racer

Originally Posted by DCBE
I think a little while back Jim Hall (Halltech) mentioned his cold air system for the C7 would be designed so that no tune is required due to the fact the ECM was going to have Public/Private key encryption and would be a while before/if tuners would crack the encryption.
That's great for Jim but allot of folks like to do more than add a CAI as for mods, just look to this board in the performance sections. It still remains to be seen as to how long it will take to crack the new software but really, all one has to do is look to the Dodge ECM and how long it's taking the aftermarket to crack it as it is similar the E92 of the chevy, although an older version. Also, if you look at the aftermarket for those Dodge vehicles, it has suffered and sales aren't what they could be in my opinion.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:04 PM
C7envy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much would a CAI add to a vette in hp and tq?
Old 02-06-2013, 06:57 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by C7envy
How much would a CAI add to a vette in hp and tq?
Zero! Smoke and mirrors, they have the oem one's dialed in for all the C6's. Should be the same for the C7.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:46 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

There was a post a few days ago about would Callaway be doing a C7 version and that was a question. Callaway answered and said that they are currently working with GM on this issue. So it sounds like the ECM will be a little harder to crack unless you have access to Gm engineering. As we all know if there is a will there as a way, but just how far down the road is that is anybodies guess.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 ecm?

Quick Reply: C7 ecm?