Sponsored by:

GM C7 specs

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 03:02 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by petermj
The problem is that after my experience from switching between LS2 and LS3, I want to see a PROOF instead of assurances and innuendos. Hope you can understand this part. If GM does not want to do the leg work to convince me, I'll look somewhere else, unlike the enthusiastic mob you seem to represent so well.
I agree with petermj.
GM has a well oiled marketing group. They are spinning a lot of innuendo and not putting anything in print. I know for a fact their engineering team is working overtime trying to make this car be what they say it is. I am sure they will come very close but I won't be buying until I see some independent proof about the specifications. This won't be for a while of course.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:03 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
You have said numerous times you don't believe GM's BS. Who is going to be your independent verifier for everything?

Sure, I am enthusiastic about the C7, that's why I'm on a C7 Forum. I was and still am enthusiastic about my C6 and some other generations. I generally believe what I hear from team Corvette, having met a number of them over the years. I'm not a fan of folks who call them liars without a darn good reason to.

As an '05 LS2 owner, I never thought much about the LS3 as it really wasn't enough of a change to get excited about in my mind.
You havin' drinks with Tadge and Elvis???????

Last edited by JoesC5; 02-16-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:16 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't drink like you do. But then, nobody here does.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:55 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

I don't drink like you do. But then, nobody here does.
And I bet that I have met Elvis more times then you have met Team Corvette. At least I did meet Elvis on a plane from Nashville to Memphis the day before thanksgiving, 1969. Talked with him a couple of minutes and got his autograph on the back of my plane ticket.

How many times have you met with team Corvette over the years as you claim?????? Were you a paid consultant on their manufacturing problems, or were you delivering pizza?

Last edited by JoesC5; 02-16-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:56 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have said numerous times you don't believe GM's BS. Who is going to be your independent verifier for everything?

Sure, I am enthusiastic about the C7, that's why I'm on a C7 Forum. I was and still am enthusiastic about my C6 and some other generations. I generally believe what I hear from team Corvette, having met a number of them over the years. I'm not a fan of folks who call them liars without a darn good reason to.

As an '05 LS2 owner, I never thought much about the LS3 as it really wasn't enough of a change to get excited about in my mind.
I said I do not believe marketing hype, manufacturers like to feed the masses with half truths to keep the sales going, it is a fact. I say this based on professional experience and my ventures in car audio world, after actually facing them with some facts, talking about actual manufacturers.

Seeing how vague GM is, I am skeptical that they claim result in actual REAL LIFE improvements that can set C7 apart when the different outer skin is set aside. Like with the claimed stiffness, GM did not even explain if this is the chasis rigidity or merely one of the components that was vastly improved. Are we talking about bending or torsional rigidity, are we talking about testing actual chasis or merely the frame? I am skeptical because there was no 50 percent with Z06 that actually had something resembling a space frame. If this is not an issue, then GM should back it up because they are setting a new standard in frame rigidity technologies. Same goes for the weight distribution, without disclosing actual mesurement or even total weight of the vehicle and effect of different configurations.

If anything, you should be appreciative someone actually cares about this stuff instead of just sheep style coughing up the deposit money. This is quite an eye opening experience regarding type of people that buy these cars, very eye opening.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:56 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Oh so thats who you got your drugs from...
Old 02-16-2013, 04:03 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Oh so thats who you got your drugs from...
And this is from some one who is stupid enough to get gored by a bull. I see he nailed you in your brain.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:22 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

I said I do not believe marketing hype, manufacturers like to feed the masses with half truths to keep the sales going, it is a fact. I say this based on professional experience and my ventures in car audio world, after actually facing them with some facts, talking about actual manufacturers.

Seeing how vague GM is, I am skeptical that they claim result in actual REAL LIFE improvements that can set C7 apart when the different outer skin is set aside. Like with the claimed stiffness, GM did not even explain if this is the chasis rigidity or merely one of the components that was vastly improved. Are we talking about bending or torsional rigidity, are we talking about testing actual chasis or merely the frame? I am skeptical because there was no 50 percent with Z06 that actually had something resembling a space frame. If this is not an issue, then GM should back it up because they are setting a new standard in frame rigidity technologies. Same goes for the weight distribution, without disclosing actual mesurement or even total weight of the vehicle and effect of different configurations.

If anything, you should be appreciative someone actually cares about this stuff instead of just sheep style coughing up the deposit money. This is quite an eye opening experience regarding type of people that buy these cars, very eye opening.
Have you sent them an email requesting any specifics? Even if they don't want to tell you any numbers yet, they might tell you when/where/if a 'white paper' is going to be published. That might help you a lot more than talking about it here, assuming you would even believe what is in it. I'm not appreciative because if I really cared about it, I would find a truly effective way of trying to get that information myself.

People who are putting deposits down clearly are doing so because they like what they've seen, not because they are "sheep". It is also very possible these same folks just don't care about whether the frame is 57% stiffer or not. It's their money and they are doing what they want with it.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:19 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Have you sent them an email requesting any specifics? Even if they don't want to tell you any numbers yet, they might tell you when/where/if a 'white paper' is going to be published. That might help you a lot more than talking about it here, assuming you would even believe what is in it. I'm not appreciative because if I really cared about it, I would find a truly effective way of trying to get that information myself.

People who are putting deposits down clearly are doing so because they like what they've seen, not because they are "sheep". It is also very possible these same folks just don't care about whether the frame is 57% stiffer or not. It's their money and they are doing what they want with it.
How do you suggest I do this regarding obtaining anything beyond a sales brochure? I do not rub elbows with Tadge and others as you apparently do. Tell you what, get the info and PM me, I'll give you my email address to receive the info I need.

In the meantime, I prefer to shop for cars using my head instead of my eyes and talking about the head on my shoulders. If GM is not serious about explaining what they actually accomplished, I cannot treat C7 or its visually gratified followers seriously.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:28 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

How do you suggest I do this regarding obtaining anything beyond a sales brochure? I do not rub elbows with Tadge and others as you apparently do. Tell you what, get the info and PM me, I'll give you my email address to receive the info I need.

In the meantime, I prefer to shop for cars using my head instead of my eyes and talking about the head on my shoulders. If GM is not serious about explaining what they actually accomplished, I cannot treat C7 or its visually gratified followers seriously.
You don't really think he rubs elbows with anyone at GM, much less the Corvette Chief Engineer, do you? He might rub elbows with the mechanic at his local Chevrolet dealer.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:36 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

You aren't really serious about getting any real info here vs GM are you? You can find GM's email and phone number on their web site.

Maybe you should just take Jo's word for everything since he knows more than the GM guys do anyway.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:52 PM
ck9887
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

What amazes me is the fact that people are willing to put down deposits on a vehicle without knowing the exact specs of this vehicle.

Let's hope GM can deliver what they promise considering they are so eager to take your money...
Old 02-16-2013, 08:14 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JoesC5
You don't really think he rubs elbows with anyone at GM, much less the Corvette Chief Engineer, do you? He might rub elbows with the mechanic at his local Chevrolet dealer.
No, I did not, I was being sarcastic Hard to reason with cult followers, Cult of Tadge Mahal in this case
Old 02-16-2013, 08:16 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

You aren't really serious about getting any real info here vs GM are you? You can find GM's email and phone number on their web site.

Maybe you should just take Jo's word for everything since he knows more than the GM guys do anyway.
Oh, I am dead serious. Seems to me that GM and Tadge Mahal are the ones that are not.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:47 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,375 Likes on 2,066 Posts

Oh, I am dead serious. Seems to me that GM and Tadge Mahal are the ones that are not.
No you are not serious. If you were you would do your own research. They have published many things you don't believe. Why will them publishing more make you believe it?

There will be no independent verification of anything until the car is released for testing. That hasn't happened and probably won't for several months. Why don't you check back in August of 14.

And still you haven't told us exactly what you are looking for, that will satisfy you. And don't say anything published by GM, because you have told us you don't believe them. Put up or shut up.

By the way, GM has never published all the weight distributions, of all the configurations, why would you expect it now, even before the car is released and they have released even the curb weight?
Old 02-16-2013, 10:31 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Racer X
No you are not serious. If you were you would do your own research. They have published many things you don't believe. Why will them publishing more make you believe it?

There will be no independent verification of anything until the car is released for testing. That hasn't happened and probably won't for several months. Why don't you check back in August of 14.

And still you haven't told us exactly what you are looking for, that will satisfy you. And don't say anything published by GM, because you have told us you don't believe them. Put up or shut up.

By the way, GM has never published all the weight distributions, of all the configurations, why would you expect it now, even before the car is released and they have released even the curb weight?
Hopefully there are more people like you out there, GM counts on you
Old 02-17-2013, 04:07 AM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Some info on this in the recent Car & Driver issue.

Various car companies have had batteries in the trunk since at least the '80s.

Quick Reply: GM C7 specs