C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will the C7 run at Laguna Seca this August ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 03:38 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,152 Likes on 514 Posts

Default Will the C7 run at Laguna Seca this August ?

This coming August might be one of the first times we see the C7 run at speed around a great track !! Corvette is the featured car at the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion during the Pebble Beach Classic Car Week. They are planning a big display with the C7 as the centerpiece. It will be a huge Corvette gathering amongst other great race cars of old. By August they should have it pretty much dialed in so it wouldn't surprise me to see it run a few laps. It's three days long so there will be plenty of time to show off. The race dates are August 16-18 with the Thursday the 15th being shown as 1st day. I've also included a video of the first time we saw the C6 ZR1 out in the open. They had Johnney O'connel drive it with I believe Jim Mero riding along. It sure looks like Jim in the video.
http://www.mazdaraceway.com/rolex-mo...sports-reunion
Old 02-16-2013, 03:42 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would expect the C7 to hit the track more like a pace car than any hard runs, but you never know. That would be a very cool event to attend.

Last edited by BlueOx; 02-16-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:52 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BlueOx
I would expect the C7 to hit the track but more like a pace car than any hard runs, but you never know. That would be a very cool event to attend.
I've also contacted Harlan Charles and Kirk Bennion to see if they would also have one on display at Pebble Beach. That would be very cool to see it at that setting. It would draw a huge crowd no doubt. We'll see though.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry skank but I don't think a C7 at a concours show like Pebble Beach is going to draw much of a crowd! People might think of it as a joke frankly!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:54 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
Sorry skank but I don't think a C7 at a concours show like Pebble Beach is going to draw much of a crowd! People might think of it as a joke frankly!
Dan, actually the crowd is massive. There is a area just as you walk in called the Concept's area. Usually very exotic stuff but also new to the car world. They had the new Viper there last year and also the new Lincoln. But usually cars like Lambo, Bugatti, McLaren, Koe****segg, etc, etc. I've also contacted the office of the Concours event and they said Chevrolet would have to make the first contact with them. They also said the Concept area is normally for World Premiers, but Viper was there and they had already premiered at New York beforehand so the rules aren't set in stone. The lady in charge of the entries told me that some of the Concour D'elegance people went to Detroit and said the C7 was spectacular. I will continue to contact as many Corvette marketing people to consider this. All the major sportscar manufacturers are there as well as the boutique guy's. I'm a class host at the event and I've talked to Pagani people, Lambo, Aston, Ferrari, literally all the big players. I think this would be a great venue to show the C7 as there is such a huge audience of potential buyers all in one spot. The C7 is certainly no joke and I would think most of the competitors would be checking it out.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:02 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Well, they had a lot of new cars at the Concour last year including Porsche, Cadillac, SRT, Jaguar, Ferrari, etc. They were all drawing pretty good crowds when I was there. What would make you think that the C7 was such a big deal at the Detroit and Chicago Auto Shows and not be a big deal at Pebble Beach, especially considering it is going to be a very large Corvette celebration?

Last edited by BlueOx; 02-16-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:10 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Here is a link to the Concour D'elegance for anyone that might be interested. It is a world class event. Should be on everybody's bucket list. Go to the gallery, then click on photos, then click on Concept Cars for a display of last years cars.
http://pebblebeachconcours.net/

Last edited by skank; 02-16-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:49 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Originally Posted by skank
Dan, actually the crowd is massive. There is a area just as you walk in called the Concept's area. Usually very exotic stuff but also new to the car world. They had the new Viper there last year and also the new Lincoln. But usually cars like Lambo, Bugatti, McLaren, Koe****segg, etc, etc. I've also contacted the office of the Concours event and they said Chevrolet would have to make the first contact with them. They also said the Concept area is normally for World Premiers, but Viper was there and they had already premiered at New York beforehand so the rules aren't set in stone. The lady in charge of the entries told me that some of the Concour D'elegance people went to Detroit and said the C7 was spectacular. I will continue to contact as many Corvette marketing people to consider this. All the major sportscar manufacturers are there as well as the boutique guy's. I'm a class host at the event and I've talked to Pagani people, Lambo, Aston, Ferrari, literally all the big players. I think this would be a great venue to show the C7 as there is such a huge audience of potential buyers all in one spot. The C7 is certainly no joke and I would think most of the competitors would be checking it out.
I have been an entry at the Greenwich and Fairfield Concours shows so I get the event! What I meant is if I'm going to Pebble or Amelia I am not going to see a C7 that I'll be seeing quite frequently on the roads, I am going to see the Bugattis/Delahayes etc.

Well, they had a lot of new cars at the Concour last year including Porsche, Cadillac, SRT, Jaguar, Ferrari, etc. They were all drawing pretty good crowds when I was there. What would make you think that the C7 was such a big deal at the Detroit and Chicago Auto Shows and not be a big deal at Pebble Beach, especially considering it is going to be a very large Corvette celebration?
Because Detroit and Chicago are new car manufacturer shows, not Concour world class events.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:00 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by skank
I was there last year and saw the Ferrari F12 U.S. reveal just up from the Concept area. It was great!
Old 02-16-2013, 06:21 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

I have been an entry at the Greenwich and Fairfield Concours shows so I get the event! What I meant is if I'm going to Pebble or Amelia I am not going to see a C7 that I'll be seeing quite frequently on the roads, I am going to see the Bugattis/Delahayes etc.

Because Detroit and Chicago are new car manufacturer shows, not Concour world class events.
So why do you think Ferrari chose to do the U.S. reveal of their F12 at Pebble Beach even though it isn't a new car manufacturer show?

People like me also go to the Monterey area for the whole week to attend a wide variety of car events. I assure you, I certainly didn't go that far to see any Delaheyes, but I did happen to see one or two while I was there.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:41 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

So why do you think Ferrari chose to do the U.S. reveal of their F12 at Pebble Beach even though it isn't a new car manufacturer show?

People like me also go to the Monterey area for the whole week to attend a wide variety of car events. I assure you, I certainly didn't go that far to see any Delaheyes, but I did happen to see one or two while I was there.
You nailed it! A European Supercar REVEAL at an American world class
concours event! The Vette has already been revealed and will have been many times by Pebble so it won't be a big deal IMO. And for everyone like you who wants to see new there are many more who want to see history!
Old 02-16-2013, 06:53 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

I Doubt we will see a C7 out on the open road by the middle of August. Aren't they supposed to be coming out around the end of August or even September ?

Get notified of new replies

To Will the C7 run at Laguna Seca this August ?

Quick Reply: Will the C7 run at Laguna Seca this August ?