Old 02-23-2013, 10:37 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Indeed. I can't wait for my C7 convertible (probably a year away). And I imagine there will be orange peel in the paint since literally every new car has it. The local Ferrari dealer is 2 blocks from my office, I looked at a new 458 a month ago, on the showroom floor, and there is no place to hide under flourescent lighing....the car was LOADED with orange peel!

Jimmy
O/p posts a picture of a one off, hand built show circuit car. And whines. From what I deduce, most of the whiners will not buy one anyway. I am beginning to suspect that they aren't old enough to sign on the dotted line, incarcerated or, simply forum trolls. Me, I'm headed to the Bash in April so I can lay hands on. Sit in one and, attend the seminars on the ins and outs of the C7. Then and only then will I make a final decision. If I like it, I'll wait and order one to spec. If I don't, then I'll head up to either PA or NH and make a visit to which ever forum dealer has the 427 vert I want at that time.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:42 AM
sprtplt
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael A
Everyone needs to relax.

Pre-production cars are hand built, with hand built prototype parts. There's no QC. These are not production pieces. The pilot cars (right before production) are where they will double check fit with production pieces, and make adjustments.

Michael
We are discussing SHOW CARS, used for the unveiling of the C7 to the world. No QC for the cars introducing the C7? Really? Being apologists for GM has not really worked out well in the past. We all know the kind of cars we get if we do not hold GM's feet to the fire.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:16 PM
User 2623
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
O/p posts a picture of a one off, hand built show circuit car. And whines. From what I deduce, most of the whiners will not buy one anyway. I am beginning to suspect that they aren't old enough to sign on the dotted line, incarcerated or, simply forum trolls. Me, I'm headed to the Bash in April so I can lay hands on. Sit in one and, attend the seminars on the ins and outs of the C7. Then and only then will I make a final decision. If I like it, I'll wait and order one to spec. If I don't, then I'll head up to either PA or NH and make a visit to which ever forum dealer has the 427 vert I want at that time.
Mikey give me a break.
Your being a ***** here'a.
Nobody's whining at least not me.
It a legit question becuase there are a lot of vette owners that had problems with der cars as to fit an finish. I'm one of dem, hell I 've had every friggin problem you can think of in my C6, C5 not to mention my consigliere's C4- Hellloooo, .....

Just thought that for a show car you'd think it would have been impeccably tailored. Becuase if you've been around vettes enuff
[if you'd been around GM long enuff] u'd know dat d der always bustin on dat the Beemers and Mercs as well as the japs all get their seams straight.

It's all'bout public relations....

You know what I'm sayin 2 U ?
Capisce~

Old 02-23-2013, 02:36 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by matthewelle
Mikey give me a break.
Your being a ***** here'a.
Nobody's whining at least not me.
It a legit question becuase there are a lot of vette owners that had problems with der cars as to fit an finish. I'm one of dem, hell I 've had every friggin problem you can think of in my C6, C5 not to mention my consigliere's C4- Hellloooo, .....

Just thought that for a show car you'd think it would have been impeccably tailored. Becuase if you've been around vettes enuff
[if you'd been around GM long enuff] u'd know dat d der always bustin on dat the Beemers and Mercs as well as the japs all get their seams straight.

It's all'bout public relations....

You know what I'm sayin 2 U ?
Capisce~

Matthew,
If you want to be taken seriously, try writing like an ADULT, not a teen trying to be cool with rapper jargon.

As far as folks being apologist for the quality of the C7 show cars, I suggest you read ANY magazine where they tested pre-production cars FROM ANY MAKER. The magazines always point out quality issues (panel gaps/wine noise/etc).

As far as your "problems" with your C6, you are the exception rather than the rule.

Jimmy
Old 02-23-2013, 02:44 PM
User 2623
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Matthew,
If you want to be taken seriously, try writing like an ADULT, not a teen trying to be cool with rapper jargon.

As far as folks being apologist for the quality of the C7 show cars, I suggest you read ANY magazine where they tested pre-production cars FROM ANY MAKER. The magazines always point out quality issues (panel gaps/wine noise/etc).

As far as your "problems" with your C6, you are the exception rather than the rule.

Jimmy
No winning here, this went over your head.
No problem Jimmy.... laytr
Old 02-23-2013, 03:06 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by matthewelle
No winning here, this went over your head.
No problem Jimmy.... laytr
Which part?

Ah...nevermind.

Jimmy
Old 02-23-2013, 03:16 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

some of you need to take a break from this section

Quick Reply: Same Old Fit, Finish and Build Quality?