Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Callaway C7 wagon over 200 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 01:41 AM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

Hey for those who are all worked up with not feeling Callaways proposed possible rendering, just imagine how torqued you would be if GM had come out with the C7 looking like this Callaway. See things aren't so bad after all are they.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:23 AM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,241 Likes on 1,664 Posts

like most of their styling, really really gross.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:48 AM
2K14C7
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 321 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Joe aka - KODAK

Did you notice that it has a filler door for gas on both sides? The rear end might look good, I do like the rims, and the color, but the rest is in question?
I think one of the photos is reversed. Also, if you zoom in on the wheels they are different on both cars as well as the brake assemblies.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:59 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As much as I like the idea of this car, I don't really think it makes a lot of sense as presented. That said, I've never been a huge Callaway fan anyway.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Formula52
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 97 Posts

Old 03-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

How about we leave the styling up to GM? Here is a classic case of trying to fix something that isn't broke. Looks like azz IMO.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:11 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie2blue
How about we leave the styling up to GM? Here is a classic case of trying to fix something that isn't broke. Looks like azz IMO.
I guess you've never seen many Callaway cars before...
Old 03-16-2013, 11:41 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I also like that look. I think there would be no problem selling that car.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:22 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Best PopeMOBILE EVER!!!
Old 03-17-2013, 01:44 AM
STORMCAT
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in South Florida. I saw Ferrari FF parked in a lot when I went to the Boca Raton CDE event, and I thought to myself we need one of those but built in America .. A super cool useable fun car. I was thinking I wish I knew someone at GM to put the word out to make a FF version on the C7 platform.

I was shocked when I found this post !! I would like to have a super cool hot hatch but I would want some seats like the FF. To me there is a good amount of usable space in the normal Vette so if you going to add some more space go big or don't do it. I think the Ferrari FF should be your target.

I do not want a caddy CTS V wagon I want something cooler !! Make it a four seater where the seats fold flat for more space in the back and now you got something.

A lot of people are comparing the C7 to the Ferrari 599 so why not follow up with an FF clone. I am willing to put down a deposit on a four seater !!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. There are both schools on this site, old school and the new younger generation. I for one like the modern looking rear and of the C7 and could careless about the round tail lights.

I am sure I am not the only one who would like a XL version. Some people do not like to state opinions here because they get bashed by the old school guys so don't be discouraged by the negative feed back. The positive guys might be holding back. A 4 seater would require a frame stretch so get with GM and get it done !!
Old 03-17-2013, 12:36 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by STORMCAT
I live in South Florida. I saw Ferrari FF parked in a lot when I went to the Boca Raton CDE event, and I thought to myself we need one of those but built in America .. A super cool useable fun car. I was thinking I wish I knew someone at GM to put the word out to make a FF version on the C7 platform.

I was shocked when I found this post !! I would like to have a super cool hot hatch but I would want some seats like the FF. To me there is a good amount of usable space in the normal Vette so if you going to add some more space go big or don't do it. I think the Ferrari FF should be your target.

I do not want a caddy CTS V wagon I want something cooler !! Make it a four seater where the seats fold flat for more space in the back and now you got something.

A lot of people are comparing the C7 to the Ferrari 599 so why not follow up with an FF clone. I am willing to put down a deposit on a four seater !!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. There are both schools on this site, old school and the new younger generation. I for one like the modern looking rear and of the C7 and could careless about the round tail lights.

I am sure I am not the only one who would like a XL version. Some people do not like to state opinions here because they get bashed by the old school guys so don't be discouraged by the negative feed back. The positive guys might be holding back. A 4 seater would require a frame stretch so get with GM and get it done !!
I pass by one everyday, that thing is beyond hideous. Pretty obvious opinions vary
Old 03-18-2013, 06:03 PM
STORMCAT
Intermediate

Originally Posted by usafpilot
the ferrari shooting brake has a back seat...unless they are adding one, it is worthless styling.
Originally Posted by hurricanern
agree. And i would not discount the market for this style of car, porsche sells more panamera's than 911, boxter and cayman combined.
+ 1
Old 03-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Whether it can sell is not the issue. They'll sell a lot more Camrys and it will still remain a meh car.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Blackdevil77
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Flex182
Personally I don't care how fast this car will be, I think its butt Ugly.

here is the article

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...hooting-brake/

Old 03-19-2013, 08:35 AM
avalonandl
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 18 Posts

I think this is a great concept. I also would not discount the looks until you have seen one in person.

Avalon
Old 03-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Docderek05
Racer

Banging on Callaway's Doors like in The Graduate.."Oh Jesus, God, NO !!!"

what would possess anyone..to completely destroy the design? amazingly ugly.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:10 AM
CMCvette
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Next they're working on the C7 hearse! What a way to go!

Get notified of new replies

To Callaway C7 wagon over 200 MPH

Old 03-20-2013, 12:55 AM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by avalonandl
I think this is a great concept. I also would not discount the looks until you have seen one in person.
Geez, I hope that never happens in real life.

At least it makes the rear of the C7 look good now.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:54 AM
netacoma2003
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vette Daddy
At least it makes the rear of the C7 look good now.
What....with a casket hanging out the back?
Old 03-20-2013, 09:28 AM
C7envy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Callaway is so stupid if they produce this car. A company like callaway has so much potential to fix everything we don't like about the current c7 and to even make it better way before a zo6 or zr1 version comes out but with this crap they just f**ked up and dropped the ball.

They can't be like porsche or ferrari. The reason people buy those is because it has the quality of porsche and ferrari. Corvette nor callaway has that and therefor they will sell less of these than their normal cars even which IMO the only reason I wouldn't buy is because of the hood and it's long protruding snout.

Maybe we should all be consultants for callaway. It is really ridiculous they don't use a resource such as the corvette forum to find out how their designs will stack up, they would probably sell more cars if they got our opinions first. I mean it's essentially free consulting for them and ultimately we are the ones buying their cars, not some random joe shmoe.

Last edited by C7envy; 03-20-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Callaway C7 wagon over 200 MPH