Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So...What's your opinion?

Old 03-24-2013, 11:34 AM
St.Char
Melting Slicks

Received 282 Likes on 166 Posts

Default So...What's your opinion?

I recently saw some new pics of the C7, although I'm still not SOLD on the car, it did in fact look better than previous pics I've seen.

After looking through many pics of the C7 since it arrived, I've come to the conlusion that the car was designed from the inside out. It just seems that the engineers put so much into the design and performance of the engine and interior, all of which were badly needed, but seem exausted, puzzled and rushed when it came to the appearence, almost like they were rushed to come up with it, even the areodynamics of the body design are great, but maybe this is why the appearence of the car is the way it is. JMHO.

Last edited by St.Char; 03-24-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:41 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by St.Char
I recently saw some new pics of the C7, although I'm still not SOLD on the car, it did in fact look better than previous pics I've seen.

After looking through many pics of the C7 since it arrived, I've come to the conlusion that the car was designed from the inside out. It just seems that the engineers put so much into the design and performance of the engine and interior, all of which were badly needed, but seem exausted, puzzled and rushed when it came to the appearence, almost like they were rushed to come up with it, even the areodynamics of the body design are great, but maybe this is why the appearence of the car is the way it is. JMHO.
2004 Prius has a .26 Cd. C7 has a .29/.30???????Cd. My C6 Z06 has a .34 Cd. I'll stick with my cinder block aerodynamic Z06 with it's higher top speed of 198 over the other two cars with their slower speeds.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:28 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Yes lets create another thread on this. PLEASE. Because we don't have enough separate threads already by each individual who doesn't like the styling. No wonder the c7 section is such a mess.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:41 PM
ldepalma
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a simple answer - your not sold on the appearance? DON'T BUY IT. Most will however, like me, will get it in a heart beat when production starts. It amazes me on this forum. While you can have your opinion, to each is own, more people love this car then hate it. Your looking at style that should have happened in 2005 with the intro to the C6. Dave Hill/Tom Peters didn't go far enough forward like Tadge and team corvette did for C7. The only controversy for C6 was fixed headlamps (SO WHAT). A few more ponnies under the hood and 5 inches shorter. That's not a WOW factor going on. And yes I do have a '13 C6.

In C7, everything is leading edge tech. The exterior angular lines, the interior beauty, and some really decent tech stuff for the IP. Yes, I have seen the car in person in LA. No, the pics don't do the car justice.
Plus the bump in HP which we don't yet no final numbers. All in all, great stuff, and differently not a C6.5 upgrade for sure!!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:48 PM
KaMiSxY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C7...the future is bright! .... Finding new roads....moving forward!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Blackdevil77
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ldepalma
There's a simple answer - your not sold on the appearance? DON'T BUY IT. Most will however, like me, will get it in a heart beat when production starts. It amazes me on this forum. While you can have your opinion, to each is own, more people love this car then hate it. Your looking at style that should have happened in 2005 with the intro to the C6. Dave Hill/Tom Peters didn't go far enough forward like Tadge and team corvette did for C7. The only controversy for C6 was fixed headlamps (SO WHAT). A few more ponnies under the hood and 5 inches shorter. That's not a WOW factor going on. And yes I do have a '13 C6.

In C7, everything is leading edge tech. The exterior angular lines, the interior beauty, and some really decent tech stuff for the IP. Yes, I have seen the car in person in LA. No, the pics don't do the car justice.
Plus the bump in HP which we don't yet no final numbers. All in all, great stuff, and differently not a C6.5 upgrade for sure!!
I agree 100%. I LOVE IT! I won't be getting one asap, but unless something go drastically wrong, I'll be getting one
Old 03-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Sneed
Racer

Originally Posted by St.Char
but seem exausted, puzzled and rushed when it came to the appearence, almost like they were rushed to come up with it,
Although they do collaborate, a different team designs the interior than does the exterior, than engineers the engine/drivetrain/suspension, etc.
You make it sound like a handful of guys had 6 months to design the car, spent 5.5 months on the interior/engine and then said, "crap, we have to style a body for this thing.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:12 PM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

I am going to the NY Auto Shown in about a week to see the C7. I know I am going to like it. I'll definitely be buying one in a few MYs. Coupe, Z51, Manual, Two Tops, mag ride, exhaust, silver wheels, and LT1. keeping it simple this time.

PS- Love the vents, side coves, spolier. Rear goes well with the rest of the design.

Last edited by 69L79; 03-24-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Hristo34
Intermediate

C5 to C6 created a lot of wow factor for me. Never liked the C5 and never bought one, though I appreciated the upgrades over the C4. When the C6 Z06 came out I knew I had to have one.

The C7 doesn't do that for me at all, especially aesthetically. I've always loved vettes though, so I'm holding on to hope that the "Z whatever" model is more impressive. I'd like to own a car from the most recent generation but I won't spend the cash on one if I don't think it looks great.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Raitzi
Racer

Price and performance related to C6. There is a serious threat that C7 will again be priced to high in Europe but we will see.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:46 AM
Outlaw7
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
2004 Prius has a .26 Cd. C7 has a .29/.30???????Cd. My C6 Z06 has a .34 Cd. I'll stick with my cinder block aerodynamic Z06 with it's higher top speed of 198 over the other two cars with their slower speeds.
My daily driver and work vehicle is an 07 Prius. I still would rather drive one of my Corvettes.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:48 AM
msnbound
Drifting

My opinon??..... I'm keeping my dated, obsolete and old C6 ZO6!!....... Until the C7 comes out with a higher performance zo6 model
Old 03-25-2013, 06:53 AM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ldepalma

Not sure if the C7 is "leading edge" tech. Compared to a Chevy Cruze? Yes. Compared to a 5 year-old GT-R. Not so much. No AWD, no DCT, same old suspension, same size engine with more things that can wrong with it. (unlike the 05'C6 that gave you a BIGGER engine). A mish-mash interior that harkens back to the gaudy, whiz-bang C4 interior. At least the C6, in it's first year, gave you the same HP/touque numbers as the previous TOP OF THE LINE Vette. The C7 will only be about 175hp short! The C6 headlights were a BIG DEAL, considering you could see an extra 200 feet down the road at night. (ever drive a C5 at night??). Shall I continue? All the "technology" in the world don't mean sh*t unless it has character. The jury is still out on that

Last edited by Turbooo2u; 03-25-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:57 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

I think all C 6 owners should keep their cars. The general opinion is they are so much better.
Plus with the big discounts moving the new C6's off the lot the C6 has lost so much value that trading a C6 would be foolish.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:29 AM
dmporter31
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I just set a reminder in Outlook for 4 months from now, I'll come back and see how many of these threads have broken 1,000 posts. We might even have pricing information and final performance numbers by then as well.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:46 AM
Dudeurgettnavette
Melting Slicks

I need to see it in person first
Old 03-25-2013, 08:53 AM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

My overall opinion of both the C7 Coupe and Vert is a solid A both inside, out, and all around. And I have not even seen it yet in person. I expect my score to go even higher attending the NY Auto Show. The price, performance and reliability with all the new tech is yet to be tested but I'm optimistic.

But I do have a concern. The C7 is so distinct and dramatic with it curves, angles and overall looks, not seen anywhere else in this price range for sports cars, the more we see them on the road soon and in subsequent years, it's design will not wear well into a 5+ year run. With that I would expect serious appearance updates mid cycle, like with the C6 GS, to keep interest high. That along with higher performance Z cars.

Last edited by CRABBYJ; 03-25-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To So...What's your opinion?

Old 03-25-2013, 09:30 AM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u
At least the C6, in it's first year, gave you the same HP/touque numbers as the previous TOP OF THE LINE Vette. The C7 will only be about 175hp short!
Did you really expect the HP to be the same as the ZR1 in the entry level car?
Old 03-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gthal
Did you really expect the HP to be the same as the ZR1 in the entry level car?
It won't even be close in HP to the Z06. The 05'C6 was comparable to the C5 Z06. 'Nuff said...
Old 03-25-2013, 10:34 AM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u
It won't even be close in HP to the Z06. The 05'C6 was comparable to the C5 Z06. 'Nuff said...
That just tells you the C5 Z06 did not have the same gap as the C6 Z06 from the "regular" cars. From what I have heard from GM, the C5 Z06 was a bit of an after thought and pieced together... the C6 Z06 was planned from the beginning. The C6 Z06 was a more meaningful upgrade. Given how the C5 Z06 was developed, it doesn't surprise me that the C6 matched it. Therefore, it also doesn't surprise me that the C7 "regular" car does not get to C6 Z06 power. That is what the C7 Z06 is for.

Besides, we don't have the final HP numbers and lots of folks here are speculating it will be much closer to the Z06 than what is currently "estimated." To me, however, it doesn't really matter because if I want 550+ HP then I'll wait for the C7 Z06.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So...What's your opinion?