A poll-should Tadge remain Corvette CE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 12:18 AM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by petermj
I actually think he is not the right person for the job and should be replaced but this is just my own take.
Another worthless thread by Peter.. If there were an award for most worthless contributions to a forum, you would win hands down! Do you do this on the Viper forum too? It's as though you thrive on stirring the pot. I can't believe the mods haven't banned you from this forum yet!!

That said, after seeing what you have done to YOUR poor C6's, I can't imagine anybody could take you or your opinion seriously. Tadge is certainly a hell of a lot more qualified for the job than you!

Since you despise the C7 so much, I can't for the life of me figure out why the hell you still frequent this section. The C7 forum would be so much better without your needless and worthless banter and posts!

I guess we can add this to the list of locked or deleted PeterMJ threads.

Last edited by slief; 03-26-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:20 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458
Ignorant thread!!

Given budget constraints, I don't see any other manufacturer creating the same car without it costing 10's of thousands more. GM is giving us one of the finest sports cars in the world for a starting price less than $60K!! This is an unbelievable accomplishment!!!
+1
This notion that the GT-R is the end all/be all is tiresome. The car is like a video game....all promise and NO reality. If the GT-R was all that (and the MODEL for what the C7 should be), it (the GT-R) would have actually SOLD at some level that was important. The fact that it (The GR-R) has never SNIFFED the sales level of the 911/Corvette shows that folks, at least in this case, are NOT what PT Barnum thought. For goodness sakes, Ferrari sells 3 times as many 458's at 2.5+ times the price of the GT-R proves my point.

Jimmy
Old 03-26-2013, 12:20 AM
zr-1 guy
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaron Keating
AWD sucks after the first 1/4 mile from a Dig.

From a rolling start onward though it's a total joke.

There's a reason the GTR never showed up in ALMS and that's because AWD is terrible for road racing.

As far as DCT goes, meh. We'll have to see what the rev matching on the C7 is like.

And as far as Tadge is concerned, frankly I think he's abit more qualified where he is, vs say certain people in this forum.

427 do you have any idea what kind of engineering has to go into a car to make it AWD? It would not be the least bit cost effective in any sense of the word to add AWD to a RWD platform. A car with AWD has to be designed for it from the ground up, and even then all it does is add tons of un needed weight around a track.
i'm sure the reason that the gtr not showing up in the alms had little to do with awd and more to do with getting the car compliant with the rules. if you want to see awd vs rwd go on youtube and look up tx2k13 vids
Old 03-26-2013, 12:21 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Should anyone be allowed to post a poll when he doesn't know how?

I'm sorry but some folks just have no credibility to judge Tadge for his competence at his job, especially given that final specs aren't yet published.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:25 AM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,984 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by slief
Another worthless thread by Peter.. If there were an award for most worthless contributions to a forum, you would win hands down! Do you do this to the Viper guys too? It's as though you thrive on stirring the pot. I can't believe the mods haven't banned you from this forum yet!!

That said, after seeing what you have done to YOUR C6's, I can't imagine anybody could take you or your opinion seriously. Tadge is certainly a hell of a lot more qualified for the job than you!

Since you despise the C7 so much, I can't for the life of me figure out why the hell you still frequent this section. The C7 forum would be so much better without your needless and worthless banter and posts!

Old 03-26-2013, 12:28 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Originally Posted by zr-1 guy
i'm sure the reason that the gtr not showing up in the alms had little to do with awd and more to do with getting the car compliant with the rules. if you want to see awd vs rwd go on youtube and look up tx2k13 vids
Nissan would be stupid to put the GT-R in ALMS. The car, with it's inflated numbers in certain tests, would get slaughtered in real competion on road courses (as it is slaughtered in production car tests). Nissan can show it's showy numbers, in a straight line, and still, NOT SELL ANY CARS.

Jimmy
Old 03-26-2013, 12:29 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Another worthless thread by Peter.. If there were an award for most worthless contributions to a forum, you would win hands down! Do you do this on the Viper forum too? It's as though you thrive on stirring the pot. I can't believe the mods haven't banned you from this forum yet!!

That said, after seeing what you have done to YOUR poor C6's, I can't imagine anybody could take you or your opinion seriously. Tadge is certainly a hell of a lot more qualified for the job than you!

Old 03-26-2013, 12:31 AM
Aaron Keating
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zr-1 guy
How about I just throw in the lap time records at Laguna instead.

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna_seca.html
http://www.motortrend.com/features/laguna_lap/

Or I can go digging for Willow Springs as well.
The AWD is like a rock star's cod piece it's there just for show and ego.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:33 AM
mdiiulio
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by US Icon
5, maybe 10 pages...
I would vote for somewhere around 4, maybe 6. But seeing as I'm on page two already I may have a bit of an advantage on that projection.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:37 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Originally Posted by mdiiulio
I would vote for somewhere around 4, maybe 6. But seeing as I'm on page two already I may have a bit of an advantage on that projection.
I don't think it will make 10 pages, 6 might be close. Based on the level of silliness, the mods will take us out of our misery soon.

Jimmy
Old 03-26-2013, 12:38 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by jimmyb
I don't think it will make 10 pages, 6 might be close. Based on the level of silliness, the mods will take us out of our misery soon.

Jimmy
Old 03-26-2013, 12:44 AM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Jimmy
If they don't, I might just have to post pictures of Peter's C6's to further substantiate his credibility.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:45 AM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

+1
This notion that the GT-R is the end all/be all is tiresome. The car is like a video game....all promise and NO reality. If the GT-R was all that (and the MODEL for what the C7 should be), it (the GT-R) would have actually SOLD at some level that was important. The fact that it (The GR-R) has never SNIFFED the sales level of the 911/Corvette shows that folks, at least in this case, are NOT what PT Barnum thought. For goodness sakes, Ferrari sells 3 times as many 458's at 2.5+ times the price of the GT-R proves my point.

Jimmy
Thanks, you saved many us a lot of typing
Old 03-26-2013, 12:46 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

If they don't, I might just have to post pictures of Peter's C6's to further substantiate his credibility.
Ouch....

Jimmy

PS. Please don't
Old 03-26-2013, 12:48 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Originally Posted by ZL-1
Thanks, you saved many us a lot of typing
My pleasure!

Jimmy
Old 03-26-2013, 12:49 AM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Please spare us the rear view though (or maybe not; by comparison the C7 rear suddenly looks really really good)

Last edited by ZL-1; 03-26-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:02 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Don't do it....here's my AO 2008, let everyone smack me around for the color (my wife HATES it, feel free to join her).

Jimmy

Get notified of new replies

To A poll-should Tadge remain Corvette CE?

Old 03-26-2013, 01:07 AM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,984 Likes on 935 Posts

Don't do it....here's my AO 2008, let everyone smack me around for the color (my wife HATES it, feel free to join her).

Jimmy

LOL

I was on the fence about that color and not sure if I disliked it, liked it or hated it. But after seeing on other GM cars my mind was quickly made up. I don't know why GM doesn't offer a few colors exclusive to the Corvette only?

Anyways, sorry to hijack such a brilliant thread lol.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:09 AM
GN1270
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think along with AWD it should have "rack and peanut steering"

Old 03-26-2013, 01:19 AM
The Highlander
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, this is the absolutely DUMBEST non poll in the history of CF. First, there's NO poll, Second, it is started by folks that have NO clue what was the goal for the C7, and THIRD....well, it's just stupid. This weird love of AWD which ONLY gets you a quick 0 - 60 time but still gets slapped in a true road course time is just silly. There are ZERO track tests where a GT-R is quicker around a road course than a Z06/ZR1....NONE. AWD and DCT give you NUMBERS in a STRAIGHT LINE, PERIOD. I am SICK of this notion that the GT-R is this great track beast, it IS a really good STRAIGHT line car, which gets slaughtered when it's weight/understeer do it in when a true TRACK test is involved. To say that Tadge is/was the wrong guy shows how little you know about car design/engineering.

Jimmy
On our local small track.... the fastest corvette has gone 1:25.9 with hoosiers all around... this is a 580rwhp corvette z06 2006....

The fastest GTR Alpha 6 did 1:21........

I'd say AWD or the DCT helps a bunch. People that can't drive for **** are doing a lot better times on the GTR than they did with their corvettes.

The GTR is the car of the moment. For its price there is no match... no z06... no zr1... On the hands of Randy Pobst the Z06 or ZR1 is an animal. On the hands of the average joe.............. its a POS.

Quick Reply: A poll-should Tadge remain Corvette CE?