Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A poll-should Tadge remain Corvette CE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 01:22 AM
KaMiSxY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seriously we need to start appreciating the car for what it is. Just like nobody is perfect...no car is perfect either. Its a freaking beautiful car with tech the. vette has not seen yet. . theres a time for everything oGeez maybe one day it will come with all wheel drive but today is not the day!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:23 AM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by 427 C5
For once, I actually agree with you.

The failure to offer the options of ALL WHEEL DRIVE and a DUAL CLUTCH TRANSMISSION makes the C7 a failure.
Geeze man, just go out and buy a car with AWD and a DCT and be happy already. They're out there, just so happens Corvette's not one of them. Get over it already.

It may very well turn out in the history books down the road, that the enthusiasm of Juechter for the Corvette might be the very reason there still is a Corvette. Why don't we just them build a few and let the reviews and drives come in, and see where we stand? Those calling for his head because they don't like the tail lights might be calling for a bronze statue of him this time next year.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:23 AM
The Highlander
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaron Keating
AWD sucks after the first 1/4 mile from a Dig.

From a rolling start onward though it's a total joke.

There's a reason the GTR never showed up in ALMS and that's because AWD is terrible for road racing.

As far as DCT goes, meh. We'll have to see what the rev matching on the C7 is like.

And as far as Tadge is concerned, frankly I think he's abit more qualified where he is, vs say certain people in this forum.

427 do you have any idea what kind of engineering has to go into a car to make it AWD? It would not be the least bit cost effective in any sense of the word to add AWD to a RWD platform. A car with AWD has to be designed for it from the ground up, and even then all it does is add tons of un needed weight around a track.
Them make the system like the GTRs where you can transfer 100% of the power to the rear wheels up to 50% up front..... More or less like the SRT8s do.

Electronic system front to rear
Electronic system left to right like the new E-diff and you will have the most awesome sports car ever made.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:24 AM
The Highlander
Drifting

Check that out...... Latest 1/2 mile event down here.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:27 AM
The Highlander
Drifting

Originally Posted by jimmyb
+1
This notion that the GT-R is the end all/be all is tiresome. The car is like a video game....all promise and NO reality. If the GT-R was all that (and the MODEL for what the C7 should be), it (the GT-R) would have actually SOLD at some level that was important. The fact that it (The GR-R) has never SNIFFED the sales level of the 911/Corvette shows that folks, at least in this case, are NOT what PT Barnum thought. For goodness sakes, Ferrari sells 3 times as many 458's at 2.5+ times the price of the GT-R proves my point.

Jimmy
It only shows that the GTR-s price range is a little over the budget of the majority. But... you could blame the GS... I'd blame the GTR, but after the appearance of the GTR, the Z06 didn't sell so nicely... I am sure the ZR1 didn't sell better because of it.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:28 AM
The Highlander
Drifting

Originally Posted by BlueOx
I'm sorry but some folks just have no credibility to judge Tadge for his competence at his job, especially given that final specs aren't yet published.
Oh I agree.... and I am sure we will be pleased with the 2016 model....
Old 03-26-2013, 02:22 AM
Bronzevette85
Racer

Originally Posted by gthal
Add no value... stir the pot... repeat...

I'm starting to think this guy is paid by CF to keep activity high and keep discussions going because if he isn't I don't understand how he has n't been suspended/banned yet.

Yet another silly thread to further a personal agenda...
I'm sure if we can all agree to ignore him, he'll eventually shut up.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:37 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Seriously? This is dumb. This thread is dumb. The question itself has no bearing on Chevy, the Corvette, or anything else for that matter other than wasting space on the internet.

Peter, you can 427 can go grab your pitch fork and torch and rally. But you'll be the only two and mostly because neither of you two seem to understand what the Corvette is about.

Originally Posted by petermj
I actually think he is not the right person for the job and should be replaced but this is just my own take.
Go home, Peter. You're drunk.

Well, this is the absolutely DUMBEST non poll in the history of CF. First, there's NO poll, Second, it is started by folks that have NO clue what was the goal for the C7, and THIRD....well, it's just stupid. This weird love of AWD which ONLY gets you a quick 0 - 60 time but still gets slapped in a true road course time is just silly. There are ZERO track tests where a GT-R is quicker around a road course than a Z06/ZR1....NONE. AWD and DCT give you NUMBERS in a STRAIGHT LINE, PERIOD. I am SICK of this notion that the GT-R is this great track beast, it IS a really good STRAIGHT line car, which gets slaughtered when it's weight/understeer do it in when a true TRACK test is involved. To say that Tadge is/was the wrong guy shows how little you know about car design/engineering.

Jimmy

Oh, and will you take Peter home? He's going to need a ride.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:53 AM
C5 2K1 Dream
Instructor

Well, this is the absolutely DUMBEST non poll in the history of CF. First, there's NO poll, Second, it is started by folks that have NO clue what was the goal for the C7, and THIRD....well, it's just stupid. This weird love of AWD which ONLY gets you a quick 0 - 60 time but still gets slapped in a true road course time is just silly. There are ZERO track tests where a GT-R is quicker around a road course than a Z06/ZR1....NONE. AWD and DCT give you NUMBERS in a STRAIGHT LINE, PERIOD. I am SICK of this notion that the GT-R is this great track beast, it IS a really good STRAIGHT line car, which gets slaughtered when it's weight/understeer do it in when a true TRACK test is involved. To say that Tadge is/was the wrong guy shows how little you know about car design/engineering.

Jimmy

Old 03-26-2013, 06:00 AM
gabbagabbahey
Instructor

I actually think he is not the right person for the job and should be replaced but this is just my own take.
Just put your deposit in for the baby McClaren..

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...level-supercar

.. no doubt those Brit Boffins will have it come in at under 50K and show those GM flunkies how its done.. so with its Carbon tub and rocket ship engineering.. you will

:
Old 03-26-2013, 06:17 AM
roundlight lover
Racer

It's called an

OPTION

because it's

OPTIONAL .

Don't choose the AWD option. Problem solved.

How about an OPTION to choose round taillamps and a less Transformeresque cartoon edgy body style overall.
I'll take an AR C4..... let the pictures do the talkin'..... (I doubt if GM could muster up as cool a video either..... I think the bigger problem of who is in charge is in the pandering to people like retired Air Force Top Guns.... we're on the GROUND fellas.... we're ON THE GROUND!!!
sexy becomes brash when it turns to Vegas pole dancing. We need our Corvette sports car back. Not a Tim Burton version of one.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:17 AM
roundlight lover
Racer

video...
Old 03-26-2013, 06:19 AM
gabbagabbahey
Instructor

For once, I actually agree with you.

The failure to offer the options of ALL WHEEL DRIVE and a DUAL CLUTCH TRANSMISSION makes the C7 a failure.

Too bad you didn't get in on this sold out AWD auto tranny winner (Although the Lambo Aventador on which its based does not have DCT.. so maybe only 1/2 winner)....

Old 03-26-2013, 06:32 AM
gabbagabbahey
Instructor

Originally Posted by roundlight lover
video...
Probably the headlights on planet earth.. that and no manual transmission on what otherwise could be a pretty cool light car.

Not even the hot chick can rescue this picture:

Old 03-26-2013, 06:41 AM
Blackdevil77
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What a thread to wake up to on a tuesday morning. Personally, I think/hope tadge did the best he could with what he had to work with, and once again, WE DON'T KNOW THE NUMBERS YET!!!

Petermj, not directed at you right now, believe it or not

As far as calling the C7 a complete failure before it even came out or we even know the numbers yet, its completely ridiculous. We don't even know what the specs are yet for the BASE car, and we know nothing at all about a high performance variant. 427, you want the options for DCT and AWD? All the options haven't been put on the table for us YET, wait for other models! Calling the C7 a failure this early is just ridiculous.

BTW, like others have said, AWD adds a lot of weight and eats up top end in many cases. If all you want is 0-60 times, then okay. The DCT makes more sense, and I think that will probably be an option in the future. Don't count on AWD so much.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:53 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458
Ignorant thread!!

Given budget constraints, I don't see any other manufacturer creating the same car without it costing 10's of thousands more. GM is giving us one of the finest sports cars in the world for a starting price less than $60K!! This is an unbelievable accomplishment!!!
Everyone is forgetting that GM was on Life Support and called Government Motors and didn't have the $$$ when the C7 was being conceived to do what some wanted.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:35 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Get notified of new replies

To A poll-should Tadge remain Corvette CE?

Old 03-26-2013, 07:37 AM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Some dogs like to howl at the moon.....
Old 03-26-2013, 07:45 AM
CJJ
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Jimmy
Jimmy,

Take a look at Car and Driver lap times 2012. GTR and ZR1 at VIR. ZR1 wins by 3 seconds (pretty damn good).
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...3-class-page-5
Old 03-26-2013, 07:48 AM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

You make a compelling case for terminating Tadge that I honestly hadn't considered before now.

Last edited by jb_va2001; 03-26-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Quick Reply: A poll-should Tadge remain Corvette CE?