Sponsored by:

Does C7 have a cargo cover?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 10:13 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by petermj
So no info on the cargo cover and its design? Nobody who viewed the car asked about it?
Not yet I guess.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:18 PM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Not yet I guess.
luggage shade and cargo net on 2LT and 3LT.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...-brochure.html
Old 03-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Zee0hSix
Drifting

So no info on the cargo cover and its design? Nobody who viewed the car asked about it?
Why the desperate need to know this? Are you buing one of the First C7s and going on a road trip?
Old 03-27-2013, 12:43 AM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zee0hSix
Why the desperate need to know this? Are you buing one of the First C7s and going on a road trip?
Is there a problem with me wanting to know? I am curious what has changed.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:47 AM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 654 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by slief
I'm guessing this will likely be something else for you to bit@h about! Nothing like a bit more cheese to go with your "wine"!

I've never been embarressd about my cargo cover. I actually like the cargo cover. I've had those ones that retract and roll up and I honestly prefer the C6 one over the other options. The only thing it needs is something to weight the front down at the floor or an additional attachment point so it doesn't flap with the windows down.
The GM cargo cover is just about perfect. It's opaque, it's inexpensive, it's super-light, it will store easily in a corner of the trunk or door pocket when not in use, it allows air flow in the hot sun, you can clean it in the wash, and it will accommodate oversized objects by stretching. Rigid and roll-up covers are worse in every respect.

It's basically the most elegant solution possible, and as with other aspects of the Corvette, GM gets blasted for not making something more complicated and less functional - just because.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:30 AM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Zee0hSix
He just trolls around looking for something that doesn't have a definitive answer yet. Loves the drama, controversy, and creates more clicks. Also, needs something to be negative about!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:26 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by speedlink
He just trolls around looking for something that doesn't have a definitive answer yet. Loves the drama, controversy, and creates more clicks. Also, needs something to be negative about!
I must admit I am in SHOCK over this revelation
Old 03-27-2013, 07:38 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I hope this is not the case and that GM actually spent some time resolving this pretty embarrassing issue, especially in light of world class interior revamp.
Even the cargo cover is an embarrassing issue?

Last edited by JerriVette; 03-27-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:44 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

There is no time to fx the embarrassing cargo cover while they are working on the embarrassing lack of all wheel drive.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:52 AM
Zee0hSix
Drifting

Not a problem, just seemed an odd question when talking about Corvettes. Your cargo cover concerns would be more at home in a Mini-van forum.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:04 AM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

If this open hatch C7 Coupe picture is any clue, it looks like the cargo cover rear mount points in the hatch are closer together than the C6. Probably to match the narrower hatch glass toward the rear. Otherwise it appears it will be a similar type cover and mount points.

edit: Now that I look closer, the front mounts look different as well.

C7 open hatch

C6 open hatch

Last edited by CRABBYJ; 03-27-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:20 AM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ
If this open hatch C7 Coupe picture is any clue, it looks like the cargo cover rear mount points in the hatch are closer together than the C6. Probably to match the narrower hatch glass toward the rear. Otherwise it appears it will be a similar type cover and mount points.

edit: Now that I look closer, the front mounts look different as well.

C7 open hatch

C6 open hatch
This is actually very helpful, it seems the shower curtain is still there, no high tech solution that would not flap around with the roof off.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Process Black
Drifting

I asked this question in Detroit and was told that the privacy shade would be in two parts.
Here's a mocked-up image based on what I was told.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:12 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

That would not be on the top of my list of questions if I happen to be able to attend a viewing of the C7. I don't see why you are so concerned about it. I have on on my C6 and with the windows tinted you can hardly see it. Don't you have anything else to worry about????
Old 03-27-2013, 01:35 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BWF07
That would not be on the top of my list of questions if I happen to be able to attend a viewing of the C7. I don't see why you are so concerned about it. I have on on my C6 and with the windows tinted you can hardly see it. Don't you have anything else to worry about????
Well good, it is not tops on your list and you have no info. Don't you have anything else to worry about than criticizing others for asking questions that you do not find important?
Old 03-27-2013, 01:38 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Process Black
I asked this question in Detroit and was told that the privacy shade would be in two parts.
Here's a mocked-up image based on what I was told.

Your mock up looks like hardcover (at least the vertical part). Did you see any anchor points in the hatch area? I think this would be awesome if a design like you mocked up would be used.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,047 Likes on 1,359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I hope this is not the case and that GM actually spent some time resolving this pretty embarrassing issue, especially in light of world class interior revamp.
Originally Posted by slief
I'm guessing this will likely be something else for you to bit@h about! Nothing like a bit more cheese to go with your "wine"!

I've never been embarressd about my cargo cover. I actually like the cargo cover. I've had those ones that retract and roll up and I honestly prefer the C6 one over the other options. The only thing it needs is something to weight the front down at the floor or an additional attachment point so it doesn't flap with the windows down.
Originally Posted by torquetube
The GM cargo cover is just about perfect. It's opaque, it's inexpensive, it's super-light, it will store easily in a corner of the trunk or door pocket when not in use, it allows air flow in the hot sun, you can clean it in the wash, and it will accommodate oversized objects by stretching. Rigid and roll-up covers are worse in every respect.

It's basically the most elegant solution possible, and as with other aspects of the Corvette, GM gets blasted for not making something more complicated and less functional - just because.

I agree with the second and third quotes. I too have had other styles of cargo cover and the C6 version is the best I've seen.

Get notified of new replies

To Does C7 have a cargo cover?

Old 03-27-2013, 01:58 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is actually very helpful, it seems the shower curtain is still there, no high tech solution that would not flap around with the roof off.
So where are you going to store this high-tech (whatever that means) version of this?

Maybe you could kill two birds with one stone and just utilize a electronic window film that would go opaque and hide your stuff while blocking the sun. That high tech enough?
Old 03-27-2013, 02:00 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Well good, it is not tops on your list and you have no info. Don't you have anything else to worry about than criticizing others for asking questions that you do not find important?
Actually I have plenty of things to worry about, but that is not one of them. Seeing there has not been a shade on any of the C7 that anyone seem to be aware of, there most likely is not any info on them, but just a rough guess, is they will most likely follow what we have have on the C5 and C6. It just does not seem like it would be a high priority on my need to know list of the C7. Things like MSRP, performance, handling comfort, things like that would seem a lot more important then a cargo shade, but if that is your thing then fine.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:01 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,441 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Is a cargo shade really that big of a deal?

Quick Reply: Does C7 have a cargo cover?